PVP or PVE realm - revisited

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Igniter

Re: PVP or PVE realm - revisited

#76 » Post by Igniter » 25 Jan 2022 04:20

One of the primary reasons that my wife and I play on True Wow (Primal) is that it is NOT PVP. We feel that anyone who wishes to play PVP can get their fill by playing battlegrounds. My vote is to keep the server as PVE. :) Thanks for all the great work that everyone does to keep the server running.

Leidenfrost

#77 » Post by Leidenfrost » 26 Jan 2022 01:12

I cast my vote for returning TrueWoW to a PvP server. Back when it used to be a PvP serveer, I never saw any issues with ganking, and I think that the server is close-knit enough that ganking will continue to be a non-issue if PvP is reactivated. Returning TrueWoW to PvP will give us the opportunity to have fun world PvP events, like raiding enemy capitals, again. I don't foresee any major issues arising from this.

My vote is for PvP!

skyx

#78 » Post by skyx » 26 Jan 2022 13:07

PvP

If I am super bored, I can log in and gank Ironman contenders because there is no decent PvP regardless of realm type.

Floss

#79 » Post by Floss » 26 Jan 2022 14:49

Not playing anymore so I won’t vote but I recommend having a PvP realm obviously.
It adds a certain taste to the gameplay and provides more options for having fun and passing the time.

Again , not a vote , just an advice.

Aeyo

#80 » Post by Aeyo » 26 Jan 2022 21:07

I like the realm to be PVE please. It's good as it is in my opinion.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#81 » Post by Dymond » 26 Jan 2022 23:31

skyx wrote:
26 Jan 2022 13:07
PvP

If I am super bored, I can log in and gank Ironman contenders because there is no decent PvP regardless of realm type.
That is just rude!
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Seveno5
Donor

#82 » Post by Seveno5 » 27 Jan 2022 11:15

As the realm is PvE, I like it.

But seeing how many people would like to have more PvP, I was wondering on something.
What if, there could be certain area's in Northrend with only PvP?

Not sure though if it is technically possible.

But, what if, let's say Wintergrasp and maybe for instance Icecrown, would be designated PvP areas?

Usually people go to Wintergrasp for fast farming and/or for WG dailys.
New situation: by going there it is possible to meet the other faction there and have some PvP.

People who don't want to PvP have other area's to farm mats from.

DontPanic

#83 » Post by DontPanic » 27 Jan 2022 14:14

PvE

I have been playing WoW since "Sp*rmik", then "BloodCraft", till TrueWoW".
I have always preferred PvE and almost never do PvP. I found that some PvP servers may easily become toxic and not fun for casual and for new players. Ganking is very common on PvP servers. The decision may also be influenced by any possibility of merger with other servers.

I play WoW only intermittently and much less frequently these days. I hesitated from casting my vote as it may be unfair for regular players.

I am not sure of it is technically possible to have only some regions as PvP or to have some days of the week as PvP.
e.g. weekends as PvP or the other way around.

Best of luck

DontPanic
Beeblebrox
Hoopy
DeepThought
Zarquon
Hooloovoo
Nooble

Randeth

#84 » Post by Randeth » 29 Jan 2022 16:42

I strongly prefer PVE.

Bolt

#85 » Post by Bolt » 29 Jan 2022 19:08

What's the point of PVE? If you die just release and run back, it's actually fun to find someone and try and take them out, it's exciting even if you're on the receiving end even if it's not pleasant. I vote PVP

Gabiru

#86 » Post by Gabiru » 30 Jan 2022 13:28

PVP ON PLEASE

sling2020

#87 » Post by sling2020 » 31 Jan 2022 12:54

i vote for PvE

Way back when i joined it was still pvp and it was not fun, a prominent horde guild (i wont name names but people who were around at the time will know) had even made it a practice to go out in groups and hunt low lvl alliance players to keep alliance numbers down. even now sometimes on world chat you hear anti alliance propaganda from so called horde supremacists and if we go pvp i fear that it will only lead to such practices becoming the norm again.
people who are advocating for world pvp are not people looking for a fair fight because you can get that in bgs and arenas, they are people looking to go harass low lvls who cant defend themselves

cdark2

#88 » Post by cdark2 » 02 Feb 2022 07:08

I can’t help but think this topic came up again because of my post from December 25, 2021: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40753. (I’m sure the powers-that-be will deny it, but the timing is suspicious.) My post listed several issues that made two seasonal world event pvp achievements extremely difficult under the server’s current conditions. My request to change the ban rule for dual boxing world pvp during these events was denied and the post was closed within 5 days. I know for a fact that before the realms merged people could help each other get the achievement without the threat of being banned.

(For anyone who takes the time to read my original post, I forgot to include another point about an aspect missing from battlegrounds on this server. You can’t do premade groups. Imagine how easy it would be to get those 50-HK Hallow’s End and Winter Veil achievements if you joined the bg with a group of several other guild mates willing to protect you.)

Some say that people who want to pvp can just toggle it on, but finding someone else that also has it toggled on, with this low population, doesn’t happen. Believe me, during Winter Veil I tried.

For the record, when I came here I enjoyed not being ganked while leveling. But after 3 years I realize I miss the excitement of world pvp.

I vote for pvp.

Bobins

#89 » Post by Bobins » 02 Feb 2022 18:38

I would vote for PvE

There are a few reasons why I believe this is the best way to go.

1. The regular players are extremely well geared and any new 80s would be placed in an impossible situation with regards to PvP. Somneone gearing a new 80 would relog their main and elimiate any nerwcomers who have only their under geared 80. This leads directly into the difficulty in obtaining any kind of meaningful gear (no normal dungeon runs), which further hampers PvPing, except for the servers longer standing members.

2. The population would not make for a decent PvP experience. No one in the levelling areas, no real pvp system to earn rewards (Wintergrasp) and BG queues not obtaining enough players.

The PvP would work for the current well geared playerbase but would be frustrating for anyone joining the server or those unable to gear quickly. I think there are other solutions that could be explored but they may be beyond the scope of the servers mission or purpose.

skyx

#90 » Post by skyx » 04 Feb 2022 13:04

Bobins wrote:
02 Feb 2022 18:38
I would vote for PvE

There are a few reasons why I believe this is the best way to go.

1. The regular players are extremely well geared and any new 80s would be placed in an impossible situation with regards to PvP. Somneone gearing a new 80 would relog their main and elimiate any nerwcomers who have only their under geared 80. This leads directly into the difficulty in obtaining any kind of meaningful gear (no normal dungeon runs), which further hampers PvPing, except for the servers longer standing members.

2. The population would not make for a decent PvP experience. No one in the levelling areas, no real pvp system to earn rewards (Wintergrasp) and BG queues not obtaining enough players.

The PvP would work for the current well geared playerbase but would be frustrating for anyone joining the server or those unable to gear quickly. I think there are other solutions that could be explored but they may be beyond the scope of the servers mission or purpose.
It is cute that you noticed but no suggestion to limit gear would work because of Hellraisers members downvoting anything that removes their advantages in PvP, even if it means no PvP for the rest of the server.