Arena rank #1 changes

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Virdo
Donor

Arena rank #1 changes

#1 » Post by Virdo » 01 Aug 2021 16:13

Today is when arena reset happened and it was not even hard to bet, who will be rank 1. A player who is rank 1 nearly every season. A new season started, and the same player is going fort he rank 1 again, just needs a few rating, and later surely will climb up to the ladder, making it impossible for everyone else to reach and beat that player. I am talking about player named Reck with the rest of his pvp characters. This is current problem we are facing right now in-game. Every season he is rank 1, and nobody else gets the chance to reach it. Instead, he farm this rank all seasons on his all characters, 1 by 1. Myself and other people can approve this, and i believe the Staff can somehow check the past seasons, i am sure that player is always rank 1 for some time now. And when i say time, i mean year(s).

So my suggestion of the day will be, that the player who has reached rank 1 in arena, should not be able to reach it again, even if he is rank 1. On next season reset, just disable / ignore him and his team, and let the next team that is not him be the rank 1 and get the rewards! Let other players get the chance and have some fun too! Actually he should not be eligible for all arena rewards, beside the arena points.

This type of play style the player doing is unfair and not even fun. This is what also kills motivation and fun for other people including myself. Some people want title, achievements, mounts, and cannot get it, because the rank 1 is always his. Now let me explain how and what that player does to be rank 1 every season. This is from my sight as in how i see it, and how other people see it, because we have been talking about this for some time with other players;
Player Reck makes an arena team, finds the current best player. They make a combo and play it to highest rating. He wins all games, yes he lose a few. But when the losing is being too much, he logs other char, and gets either a different partner, or stays with same one, but that one switches to a different class to simply counter the team that was winning against his original team that is on rank 1. Preventing the team from going up the ladder and to pass his team which is rank 1.

So in short: Same players, but different chars, to counter and win. If he lose on 2nd team, then he moves forward by moving to other alt/class and different combo to counter again. This being repeated till his 1st rank team is secured and safe, and will stay like that till end of season. That is how a Truewow player keeps getting rank 1, and presenting himself as best arena player. And nobody else is allowed to be rank 1, except himself and his chosen partner. But all this can be simply changed, if we step together and make some more changes.

Players that actually play and want to progress and get to the rank 1 is way too hard and not even worth it at this point. Unless some changes are made. It is really unfair that same person but different chars and partners is always holding rank 1. Simply just disable for him to be rank 1 even if he reach it, let next one that is not him, get the chance and get those rewards!

Forgot to mention. The player camps arena 24/7. So whenever you queue, you cant even avoid him. Unless we have several teams queuing, however, that wont help, he will still hold rank 1 at the end. In fact, that would even help him to get even more rating. This change would be much appreciated.

bobsmyname
Donor

Re: Arena rank #1 changes

#2 » Post by bobsmyname » 01 Aug 2021 17:36

Virdo wrote:
01 Aug 2021 16:13
get to the rank 1 is way too hard
That's the post.

The rest is assorted lies; about him getting every gladiator (this is the first one in at least 2 seasons he's gotten lmfao, deadly season was Rival x Boxis, WF season was Brad x Psycopytk), about him swapping comps to counter, he in fact kept queing ret / disc with me, after virdo swapped to a countercomp against us.
Virdo wrote:
Some people want title, achievements, mounts
While on the one hand I'm tempted to just zugzug and say "git gud", I'm still recommending we revamp our reward system.
Example;
Rank 1: Season glad title / mount and below
Rank 2: Duelist title and below
Rank 3: Rival title and below
Rank 4 & 5: Challenger title

or whatever feels fits, can put in regular glad title in rank 2 if wanted.
Trans Rights

Virdo
Donor

#3 » Post by Virdo » 01 Aug 2021 17:49

bobsmyname wrote:
01 Aug 2021 17:36
Virdo wrote:
get to the rank 1 is way too hard
That's the post.

The rest is assorted lies; about him getting every gladiator (this is the first one in at least 2 seasons he's gotten lmfao, deadly season was Rival x Boxis, WF season was Brad x Psycopytk), about him swapping comps to counter, he in fact kept queing ret / disc with me, after virdo swapped to a countercomp against us.
Virdo wrote:
Some people want title, achievements, mounts
While on the one hand I'm tempted to just zugzug and say "git gud", I'm still recommending we revamp our reward system.
Example;
Rank 1: Season glad title / mount and below
Rank 2: Duelist title and below
Rank 3: Rival title and below
Rank 4 & 5: Challenger title

or whatever feels fits, can put in regular glad title in rank 2 if wanted.
I didn't re log to counter, because my partner doesn't have gear enough to win, he just told me to re log druid nothing else. If i wanted counter, i would call someone OP from old times and clear both of you if wanted, but not worth with the current rewards which i won't even reach since rank 1 player camping queue and prepared with all counter character combo teams.
Ok if not every season (however it feels like it was every), he got it way too much and farming now on more chars, so unfair. Let others get chance and get some prizes, achievements, mounts as well.
Some changes should be made, so other players get chance for these stuff. With my idea it feels maybe strict, but it can be effective. Or just increase rank 1, 2, etc rewards to example top 5-8 teams, that might be worth trying and playing. But that would not apply to same person with many alts to get these top 5-8 ranks.

bobsmyname
Donor

#4 » Post by bobsmyname » 01 Aug 2021 18:15

Virdo wrote:
01 Aug 2021 17:49
Ok if not every season (however it feels like it was every)
Admits to not even knowing the facts to his own claims
Virdo wrote:
01 Aug 2021 17:49
I didn't re log to counter, because my partner doesn't have gear enough to win
I was in furious gear, and reck wasn't bis either. How much gear do you need to fight that. And whether the intent was to counter or not, arms rdruid is a counter to disc retri. And, if you could so easily just "call back someone op" then why don't you do that instead of complaining about someone else beating you.
Trans Rights

Bloodshade

#5 » Post by Bloodshade » 01 Aug 2021 18:44

Birbo sorry but your skills are enough to carry a flag in WSG (maybe), not good enough for any type of proper PVP. This post made me laugh too much ;ddd. You want to force the only pvpers left to not play? Whats even the point of that, if you have no competition you cannot improve, I know you want to just beat some random noobs from your guild and get the title but cmon.
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

DenMlathor

#6 » Post by DenMlathor » 01 Aug 2021 19:42

Virdo wrote:
Today is when arena reset happened and it was not even hard to bet, who will be rank 1. A player who is rank 1 nearly every season. A new season started, and the same player is going fort he rank 1 again, just needs a few rating, and later surely will climb up to the ladder, making it impossible for everyone else to reach and beat that player. I am talking about player named Reck with the rest of his pvp characters. This is current problem we are facing right now in-game. Every season he is rank 1, and nobody else gets the chance to reach it. Instead, he farm this rank all seasons on his all characters, 1 by 1. Myself and other people can approve this, and i believe the Staff can somehow check the past seasons, i am sure that player is always rank 1 for some time now. And when i say time, i mean year(s).

So my suggestion of the day will be, that the player who has reached rank 1 in arena, should not be able to reach it again, even if he is rank 1. On next season reset, just disable / ignore him and his team, and let the next team that is not him be the rank 1 and get the rewards! Let other players get the chance and have some fun too! Actually he should not be eligible for all arena rewards, beside the arena points.

This type of play style the player doing is unfair and not even fun. This is what also kills motivation and fun for other people including myself. Some people want title, achievements, mounts, and cannot get it, because the rank 1 is always his. Now let me explain how and what that player does to be rank 1 every season. This is from my sight as in how i see it, and how other people see it, because we have been talking about this for some time with other players;
Player Reck makes an arena team, finds the current best player. They make a combo and play it to highest rating. He wins all games, yes he lose a few. But when the losing is being too much, he logs other char, and gets either a different partner, or stays with same one, but that one switches to a different class to simply counter the team that was winning against his original team that is on rank 1. Preventing the team from going up the ladder and to pass his team which is rank 1.

So in short: Same players, but different chars, to counter and win. If he lose on 2nd team, then he moves forward by moving to other alt/class and different combo to counter again. This being repeated till his 1st rank team is secured and safe, and will stay like that till end of season. That is how a Truewow player keeps getting rank 1, and presenting himself as best arena player. And nobody else is allowed to be rank 1, except himself and his chosen partner. But all this can be simply changed, if we step together and make some more changes.

Players that actually play and want to progress and get to the rank 1 is way too hard and not even worth it at this point. Unless some changes are made. It is really unfair that same person but different chars and partners is always holding rank 1. Simply just disable for him to be rank 1 even if he reach it, let next one that is not him, get the chance and get those rewards!

Forgot to mention. The player camps arena 24/7. So whenever you queue, you cant even avoid him. Unless we have several teams queuing, however, that wont help, he will still hold rank 1 at the end. In fact, that would even help him to get even more rating. This change would be much appreciated.

All of this is apsolutly true, and everyone who play pvp know that, but during pvp events last we weeks problemz show up.
Same happened to me, Zug and Reck team didnt exist, Reck was playing with Keeg, was rank 1, i played so hard with Vyl vs them and few other teams... so we came rly close (rank 2), next day they didnt play, (they was on, and we spamed on lfg to que af...), but day after that Reck team up (new team) with Zug to counter us, and didnt que with Keeg(rank 1) anymore till season end...
But still we keep playing and kick them ass, (u can see that in Vyl video on yt), and that was enough for me from the past season, will see what gonna happen next.
Every player havo to decide which char want to play during season in arena, and keep balls to play it, its fckin pvp.
So one team for all of us, not like Reck, from top 5 teams in last season, he was in 3 :DDD
So if first 5 teams geting rewards, that should be diferent players in each team...gridning titles and rewars like this ...better ...no comment...dont want him to report me :)
Team up and que, more teams, more fun, sometimes u have to lose to see how good u are !

Cheers !, Reksona.

andriuspel
Former Staff

#7 » Post by andriuspel » 01 Aug 2021 20:35

i wouldn't say its a bad idea, maybe just not account wide but just for certain character. Anyways I'm not putting any vote. lets wait for more opinions.
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

bobsmyname
Donor

#8 » Post by bobsmyname » 02 Aug 2021 00:37

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=39665&hilit=gladiator

With the new 4 season rotation, Deadly, Furious and Relentless gladiator mounts were removed from the vote shop, and added as earnable rewards. Are we now going to make them unobtainable for a single person and or character?
Trans Rights

Dbearded1

#9 » Post by Dbearded1 » 02 Aug 2021 01:45

So do we need participation trophies? Let's just give everyone that plays arenas all the rewards available for playing it! Then everyone can sit in Dalaran with their title and mount with no reason to complain that they can't win!

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 02 Aug 2021 09:58

I didn't read through the discussion, but I assume the problem is mostly related to a small pool of players, which allows for sniping / counterpicking / farming specific teams. If it's all about a player being too good, that's just how it works unfortunately.

Given it's the first case. What if getting into the top 8 would qualify you to a tournament? Obviously the same player cannot join through multiple teams, nor can you play with team members 100 player rating away from team rating.

In terms of format, set it up over a month or so, allowing everyone to attend. I doubt you find a single day where all teams are available.

i.e.
Week 1-2: Group stage (Round robin Bo3)
Group A: 1, 4, 5, 8 / Group B: 2, 3, 6, 7

Week 3: Semi finals (Bo5)
1st A vs 2nd B / 1st B vs. 2nd A

Week 4: Grand finals (Bo5)

If an earlier stage wraps up early you can start the next stage early, but it is up to the teams to find a time which works for both sides. The weeks are just to have them wrap up a stage within the month.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

skyx

#11 » Post by skyx » 02 Aug 2021 10:53

Gnurg wrote:
02 Aug 2021 09:58
I didn't read through the discussion, but I assume the problem is mostly related to a small pool of players, which allows for sniping / counterpicking / farming specific teams. If it's all about a player being too good, that's just how it works unfortunately.

Given it's the first case. What if getting into the top 8 would qualify you to a tournament? Obviously the same player cannot join through multiple teams, nor can you play with team members 100 player rating away from team rating.

In terms of format, set it up over a month or so, allowing everyone to attend. I doubt you find a single day where all teams are available.

i.e.
Week 1-2: Group stage (Round robin Bo3)
Group A: 1, 4, 5, 8 / Group B: 2, 3, 6, 7

Week 3: Semi finals (Bo5)
1st A vs 2nd B / 1st B vs. 2nd A

Week 4: Grand finals (Bo5)

If an earlier stage wraps up early you can start the next stage early, but it is up to the teams to find a time which works for both sides. The weeks are just to have them wrap up a stage within the month.
^ this.

DenMlathor

#12 » Post by DenMlathor » 02 Aug 2021 22:22

Thats great idea, but still trounament isnt in game, someone will be obliged to organize, and still players will be limited to 1 char, tournament or regular que you cant play vs your team.
Problem is that we had same player in 3 teams from top 5 teams, so many ppl wont even play cause of that, u will always get same oponent just diferent team, rating and char.

skyx

#13 » Post by skyx » 02 Aug 2021 23:41

DenMlathor wrote:
02 Aug 2021 22:22
Thats great idea, but still trounament isnt in game, someone will be obliged to organize, and still players will be limited to 1 char, tournament or regular que you cant play vs your team.
Problem is that we had same player in 3 teams from top 5 teams, so many ppl wont even play cause of that, u will always get same oponent just diferent team, rating and char.
Blizzard annually hosts PvP tournaments.

Also, as much as I don't like Reck as a person, he is merely gaming the MMR system designed for 100s of teams.

Kniteknite

#14 » Post by Kniteknite » 03 Aug 2021 06:19

doing arenas for me was all about getting better gear for bg s :lol: true~ i understand all opinions and sides to these arguments, what is left is if a player or team get all the best gear, tabards, mounts etc. after getting rank 1, what is there left of goals to keep rank 1 besides keeping others from getting it ? It makes sense to step aside sometimes I think,and leave it to others, but the call of course isn't mine to make~(Kk~
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

nikkal
Donor

#15 » Post by nikkal » 05 Aug 2021 11:17

I'm just curious, how many times do you actually think i got rank 1? Maybe 5 - 10 times? Cause it is only 3 times. Paladin, last season, Warrior and Priest. Others are Challengers, Rivals, etc.
My suggestion would be, start playing arenas, instead of complaining.
That would be all from me, keep raging, saying w/e you want. But making changes so that one guy could have easy time getting achievements he misses is, honestly, dumb.
I'll let Gm's decide what ever they want to do. Good luck and que arenas!