[TW] Merges with other servers

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Justicelight
Donor

[TW] Merges with other servers

#1 » Post by Justicelight » 24 Feb 2019 23:24

Hello,

I am writing this topic in order to have the staff/community opinion on contacting different servers for having more merges with TW.

I could start doing this in near future, but would like to know more from staff/community side on this idea.

Thank you.
Last edited by Justicelight on 26 Feb 2019 06:45, edited 1 time in total.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

bobsmyname
Donor

Re: [Both realms] Merges with other servers

#2 » Post by bobsmyname » 25 Feb 2019 00:18

I am a little confused, so ill just put my vote for either way
If you mean merges INTO truewow / primalwow, +1, even if there wasn't a population crisis this would be nice
If you mean merges OUT (which i don't think you do), -1
God of Memes
-Cacha
-Mage, Priest, Rouge pvp goddess

m2oenergym2o

Re: [Both realms] Merges with other servers

#3 » Post by m2oenergym2o » 25 Feb 2019 19:49

Bringing more people here is alsways a positive thing and keeping them is even more.

Imagine
Donor

Re: [TW] Merges with other servers

#4 » Post by Imagine » 26 Feb 2019 14:40

+1 nothing more to say.

Dreadnought101

#5 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 26 Feb 2019 18:30

If you think merging a mostly dead Primal and forcing it to skip all wrath progression from tier 7 to 10 in order to force a little more population on a completely dead Truewow that has been fully progressed for years will solve anything then you will be sorely disappointed.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

NoblestHeart
Donor

#6 » Post by NoblestHeart » 27 Feb 2019 11:38

Or maybe start progression over again on a fresh sever like wrath or vanilla with advertising.

Bloodshade

#7 » Post by Bloodshade » 27 Feb 2019 12:37

wow is dead, theres like 2 servers with some pop on them (99% of which is autistic children with credit cards) so just accept it and move on
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

Psychotic

#8 » Post by Psychotic » 28 Feb 2019 11:38

The best idea imo is to do something with the existing wotlk database (27k lvl80s), merge(only with a 1:1 transfer because everything obtained on this server has been blizzlike without any drop rate or pvp modifications) it into an existing cata(or an upcoming one) or mop server, we all like our characters but after years and years of endgame content it loses its purpose.
kuli

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#9 » Post by Dymond » 28 Feb 2019 12:23

Years ago the server I belonged to merged with Truewow. It was a smooth transition. We were lucky to find a server with the same integrity that we had on Bloodcraft. The family like community just accepted us and we became as one. It would be great to see this server thrive again. Finding another community with same standards would be difficult. I believe we have some of the best people around. Invite others to join our community. Make Truewow great again!
“In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.”

darkfener93

#10 » Post by darkfener93 » 01 Mar 2019 18:52

Dymond wrote:
28 Feb 2019 12:23
Years ago the server I belonged to merged with Truewow. It was a smooth transition. We were lucky to find a server with the same integrity that we had on Bloodcraft. The family like community just accepted us and we became as one. It would be great to see this server thrive again. Finding another community with same standards would be difficult. I believe we have some of the best people around. Invite others to join our community. Make Truewow great again!
the problem is...people prefere the "easy way"

Kniteknite

#11 » Post by Kniteknite » 04 Mar 2019 01:26

Dymond wrote:
28 Feb 2019 12:23
Years ago the server I belonged to merged with Truewow. It was a smooth transition. We were lucky to find a server with the same integrity that we had on <Bloodcraft>. The family like community just accepted us and we became as one. It would be great to see this server thrive again. Finding another community with same standards would be difficult. I believe we have some of the best people around. Invite others to join our community. Make Truewow great again!
here here <3
Tal will fix it ~ ;)
French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale

Bobins

#12 » Post by Bobins » 06 Mar 2019 18:31

It will be difficult to merge without releasing the wrath content (any patch), due to this TBC server being on wrath. The server is at odds with itself, as it's attempting a blizzlike mantra and executing a custom server. maybe if there's some compromise on both sides, you'll be able to merge successfully.

The WotLK service may do well though but with a PvE service on its way up. The PvP service might struggle as there's amny servers out there.