<Ex Scientia Victoria> US raiding guild

If you are looking for a guild, guild members or leveling partners among the Horde, this is a good place to find them.
mhorth

<Ex Scientia Victoria> US raiding guild

#1 » Post by mhorth » 05 Jul 2013 00:46

Hello Truewow,

Ex Scientia Victoria

is a premier horde guild aimed at top quality raiding!

Guild Info
Our guild name translates: "From Knowledge, Victory." We believe that the most powerful tool in the game is knowledge, be it raid tactics or class mechanics. To contribute to this guild, you should learn your class well and be open to suggestions from others that could improve your game.

We coded a custom Addon to automatically explain tactics clearly before a boss fight. Can your guild do that?

We use a DKP loot system for fairness (don't worry, you don't have to download any addons), which rewards you for doing more raids with the guild. Essentially every time a boss is killed, you earn DKP points. You can use these points to bid on loot, so more points let you bid higher. We are not the type of raiding guild that simply farms ICC. We run all raids, including Naxx and Ulduar on up in order to gear our fresh 80s and solidify our raiding team. Running more raids helps us test our abilities to execute tactics and work together.

We are mostly members of the United States, so raids are between 5pm-10pm EST. That's 11pm-4am server time. Only English is to be spoken in the guild chat. Our guild bank has the maximum 6 tabs and has a structured deposit/withdraw system. We also have a guild lottery every week for some extra fun, buy as many tickets as you want to increase the jackpot and on Fridays one ticket will be drawn to take it all!

We have a guild website at: http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?G ... ID=4171442
However it's our belief that our guild members should be able to fully participate in the guild without needing to check a website daily. To that end, all important information on the website will also be reflected in-game, such as a raid schedule. The website will only serve as additional functionality like class discussions, professions needed, and videos of our awesome raids.

Ranks
Guild Master
Class Master: same privileges as an Officer, but you know your class exceptionally well and can guide others
Officer: for Raiders who have proven their dedication to the guild and are skilled in leadership
Raider: for members who consistently demonstrate skill in a raid environment
Member: rank is achieved after hitting 80
Initiate: sub-80 members
Invitee: During your first few days after joining, once we get to know you, you'll receive your proper rank
Pickle Smooch: when you need a timeout, you cannot speak in guild chat

Who we're recruiting
Death Knights (Currently Not Recruiting)
Warriors (DPS)
Hunters (All Specs)
Mages (Fire/Frostfire)
Warlocks (All Specs)
Paladins (Holy/Retribution)
Druids (mDPS/rDPS)
Priests (All Specs)
Shaman (Enhancement/Elemental)
Rogues (All Specs)

What you can expect from us: Weekly, scheduled, organized raids. Help in gearing up. Friendly and knowledgeable conversation.
What you should NOT expect from us: Powerlevel your alts through instances. Organized PVP. Nudey pics.
What we expect from you: Know your class or be willing to learn it. Come to raids with your A-game ready (members are expected to use Deadly Boss Mods and RaidCall). And have fun in our guild!

Note that you do NOT need to be level 80 to join. While the focus of the guild is end-game raiding, we are happy to help members level up whenever we aren't busy.

If you're interested in joining, PM me with your character's name or find an officer in-game: Luminaughty, Reginald, Joules, Jormangr, Fromage
Last edited by Guest on 23 Aug 2013 02:19, edited 18 times in total.

ShadowRaw

Re: <Ex Scientia Victoria> US raiding guild

#2 » Post by ShadowRaw » 06 Jul 2013 12:13

system seems fucked up and unstable.

mhorth

#3 » Post by mhorth » 06 Jul 2013 17:20

Well then it clearly isn't for you, please move along.

Jormangr

#4 » Post by Jormangr » 09 Aug 2013 03:48

This guild is awesome! Join up if you want to find an in-game family full of crazy, fun people who are experienced with in-game content and ready to make you feel at home.

I actually feel sad when these guys log out for the night. Great guild to be in for American timezones. Join us today and we might be able to wrangle up some free cookies for ya ;)

Raxxo

#5 » Post by Raxxo » 09 Aug 2013 09:11

I bumped into Luminaughty ingame and found out he's a great guy.
In raids he explains tactics in perfect English and is very patient towards those who make the mistake that wipes the raid.
Now I've seen raid leaders who explain stuff in half assed English and still be mad if a new player can't understand him and fucks up.
I attempted a Naxx Undying raid and several ICC's with Ex Scientia Victoria.
If you are willing to learn encounters, then joining this guild is the best way imo.
All you have to do is to focus on maximizing your class potential, you will be fully guided through the tactics part every run.
I think of myself as someone who has a good grasp of all raiding tactics, but I still managed to pick up some tips and tricks from raiding with this guild.
I won't join you guys since I'm committed to Cherokee, but I sure as hell recommend new raiders to join you!

mhorth

#6 » Post by mhorth » 10 Aug 2013 03:16

Great post Raxxo, thank you. Maybe we can entice you to join our ranks someday but until then, you're always welcome in our raids. Let's call you an honorary member.

mhorth

#7 » Post by mhorth » 23 Aug 2013 02:18

<Ex Scientia Victoria> recently finished an awesome project. We've written an Addon that can automatically and clearly explain boss tactics, including spell links and when phase changes occur. So if you get tired of manually typing out tactics before every boss, send me a message and I'll send the Addon your way.

Threat

#8 » Post by Threat » 16 Feb 2014 20:27

I'm interested in joining however I'm just now starting to play this server. I'm not looking for give me's but it would be nice to have some people to converse and associate with when I'm leveling alone so I can actually stay focused and not bored out of my mind and possibly give up. Currently I'm a level 8 hunter with the future beast mastery spec. On retail I had a level 87 hunter beast mastery before i was tired of paying. So I am familiar with the class and spec. My in-game name is Galdon. If you would like you could send an invite. I'm actually playing right now. My real name is Jason, I am 21 years old. I live in Illinois. I currently work third shift so my online time is anywhere between 9 am - 5 pm Central time.
Last edited by Threat on 16 Feb 2014 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

Teraan

#9 » Post by Teraan » 16 Feb 2014 20:29

Don't put your hopes in this, since they're dead.
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE