<Darkside Cookies>

If you are looking for a guild, guild members or leveling partners among the Horde, this is a good place to find them.
Phaedra

<Darkside Cookies>

#1 » Post by Phaedra » 20 May 2012 07:55

So...you've powered through the levels, stomaching Outlands only because it was a means to an end, laughing at all those nabs who've taken a week just to get through Hellfire Peninsula.

And you sped through Zul'Gurub like you owned the place, focused...intent...eyes on the prize...downing Hakkar so fast the entire raid was just a blur of jungle plants.

Molten Core? Please...just a 10-minute jaunt, littered with the bodies of core hounds in your wake.

And now...you want Arthas' head on a pike before you. You can taste it!

You're looking for a guild that reflects your commitment. Your sincerity. Your dedication. A guild that takes this game as seriously as you do.

The best, right?

The ultimate!!

...well, Sparky, THAT AIN'T US!

In fact, we aren't a lot of things.

We're not competitive, we're not out to be the best raiding guild, we don't pwn the BGs, we don't have weekly scheduled assaults against Stormwind, and when we enter an instance it takes us bloody ages...because we clear it. We take our time. We make sure everyone can loot, mine, pick, mill, drink, eat and look around to admire the scenery if they want. No tank 'n' spank, no loot 'n' scoot, no rush, no worries...no drama!

We're Darkside Cookies, and we take the game as seriously as our name...which is to say, not at all. It's a game, and we play to have fun! Isn't that the purpose of...you know...a game?

We're a fun, friendly, community-oriented guild of mature people who enjoy World of Warcraft for reasons as varied as its members. We're happy to go out of our way to help someone who's having difficulty with a quest, an NPC, in need of a gear run, whatever. We don't do battlegrounds or PvP as a guild, but if that's your thing, we'll gladly help you out if you need an extra person or if you have someone camping you.

Our main focus is having fun and making friends along the way. Does this sound like you? Then message Phaedra, Janda, Evan, or Vilna in-game to request an invitation to join! If we're not online at the time (we're typically online around 6pm - 11pm Pacific Time - US), send us an in-game email, and we'll look for you after we're crushing whatever mobs are trying to decorate the landscape with our entrails!

We have very simple rules. Basically, it's "don't be a jerk", but I suppose I should elaborate a bit, right? Okay, here goes:

1) Refrain from using profanity. Simple enough, right? Thank you.
2) DO NOT be disrespectful of another's gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or language skills (not everyone speaks English well).
3) HAVE FUN! :-D

Guild Site: http://darksidecookies.shivtr.com

We have a tabard and 5 bank tabs and are currently recruiting for all (Horde) races, classes and professions. So, are you a hardcore raider who thinks everything is about gearscore? Well, that's nice (I suppose). But if you're just your average player who wants to have fun, enjoy the game, laugh at life's little "oops-es" and actually notice what color the walls are in an instance or raid, why not join a guild that wants to have this sort of fun right alongside you?

See you soon!

narcissa

Re: <Darkside Cookies>

#2 » Post by narcissa » 20 May 2012 10:10

probably the best recruiting thread i've seen so far

Intervention
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Intervention » 20 May 2012 10:12

I enjoyed reading this, my character will be PMing you ingame :P
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Alexandros

#4 » Post by Alexandros » 20 May 2012 10:52

Mine too :P

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Kindzadza » 20 May 2012 12:00

Yea first recruit msg to read after Immortals' one.Job well done lady!

narcissa

#6 » Post by narcissa » 20 May 2012 12:21

Makes me wish I played and could bear horde side ^.^ I'd definitely join you

Vaati
Banned

#7 » Post by Vaati » 20 May 2012 18:45

Sounds very nice! I'll think about it.
Biscuit - Level 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Horde)
Bisquick - Level 80 Feral Druid (Formerly Narcissa's) (Horde)
Bisquit - Level 80 Elemental/Resto Shaman (Horde)
Biscadin - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Horde)
Bisclock - Level 80 Affliction Warlock (Ally)
Bisc - Level 80 Shadow Priest (Ally)
Biscation - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Ally)
Formerly known as Patregis - Undead Rogue
Roel wrote:What's wrong with your brains?

Phaedra

#8 » Post by Phaedra » 20 May 2012 20:38

Wow...thanks for the nice response, everyone!

Hope to see you in-game soon! As for me...less yakkin', more hackin'. Headed inside right now! :-)

Phaedra

#9 » Post by Phaedra » 22 May 2012 19:42

Well, we're off to a slow start, but sometimes it's welcoming to be able to just do your own thing in relative peace and quiet...and that's something else, we won't harp on anyone to hurry up and level their (insert class here). Everyone works at their own speed. Some like questing, some get distracted and go exploring (raises hand), some focus on leveling their professions - it's all well and good.

We have two members currently at max level, and a handful of low-level, so we're not going to be raiding anytime soon. No rush, no worries. We're enjoying the game and getting to see everything! :D

Also, if you've just joined, be sure to stop by our guild site - http://darksidecookies.shivtr.com - it's just a place for our own forums, planning events, posting screenies, etc.

Ah...so nice...so relaxing. Don't you wish you were here? ;)

Flexall
Donor

#10 » Post by Flexall » 23 May 2012 00:25

If I ever get back to playing the game I'll bring one of my 80s there and join ;)
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

shadowdragon1925

#11 » Post by shadowdragon1925 » 25 May 2012 19:15

Oh men, this was seriously the best guild propaganda that I have evr seen xD. But I am alliance so, no sry.
;)

Phaedra

#12 » Post by Phaedra » 27 May 2012 21:37

Off to a Slow Start...

...but we're not about trying to be the biggest guild with the most level 80s or anything, right? ;)

I'd like to formally welcome our newest members: Alexios, Einheit and Mai! We hope you enjoy our relaxed pace and friendly, casual community!

Remember, if you need help with anything (quests, instances, getting rid of someone camping your corpse, some extra gold to get your riding skill, etc.) just let us all know in guild chat.

Have fun...and be careful out there! :D

Intervention
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Intervention » 28 May 2012 03:11

Trying to track one of you down for weeks but i cannot find any of you...

I am tempted to just .guild invite myself to your guild...
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Phaedra

#14 » Post by Phaedra » 28 May 2012 09:54

Sorry, I'm in California so my online times are Pacific (US) and are usually around 10:00am - 12:00pm and then around 9:00pm or so here. I'm online right now though (12:55am Pacific) if you're around.
Intervention wrote:I am tempted to just .guild invite myself to your guild...
That could work too :-D

Phaedra

#15 » Post by Phaedra » 28 May 2012 20:41

And a formal welcome to Intervention (playing as Discrepancy)!

So glad that we were finally able to hook up with you!

Also, for everyone in the guild (there aren't many right now, but I'm hoping to change that), if you have any ideas on making the guild a better place, please feel free to share over on the forums of our website (http://darksidecookies.shivtr.com) or here on this forum thread.

I have a couple of ideas in the works right now for guild events, but we really need more people in order to make these happen, so tell your friends! Tell your neighbors! Tell your pets! (Hunters only, obviously.)