Guild Application

If you are looking for a guild, guild members or leveling partners among the Horde, this is a good place to find them.
xelan

Guild Application

#1 » Post by xelan » 08 Apr 2014 08:09

Hey everyone.

First of all i want to apologize for any grammar mistakes or any inconvenience, i'm not very sure this is the correct forum section where i would post this, so if i'm in the wrong section i would appreciate if a moderator give me notice or could move the topic. Thanks in advance.

My name is Alex, i'm 21 years old (22 on 10 April :D ) , i'm from Romania, studying Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology , currently unemployed. Overall i'm a friendly guy, with sense of humor, open minded and i always enjoy a good teamwork challenge.
On a scale from 1 to 5 i'd say my English is about 4 understanding and reading higher than writing and speaking ;) .
I play World of Warcraft since 2007 with some breaks of few months here and there, my overall experience gained in The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King expansions. I never tried Roleplaying in the game, because i just don't find anything challenging in that, i did enjoy PvP (mostly with Warriors and Feral Druids) and more than anything PvE which i found the best area of the game for me.
I started learning more and more about the game playing mostly as Dps classes on various private servers TBC but also WOTLK , joined retail server few weeks before WOTLK Expansion was added where i experienced tanking and healing classes in one of the top PvE guild from Dragonmaw at that time, returning on private servers after Cataclysm Expansion. Played Mist of Pandaria also on retail ,only for 1 month to satisfy my curiosity, more PvP than PvE.
In WOTLK Expansion i focused my attention on raiding willing to learn more and more about every encounter until i started to lead my own raids. I have very good knowledge of the Eye of Eternity , Naxxaramas , Obsidian Sanctum, Ruby Sanctum , Trial of Grand Crusader and Icecrown Citadel encounters still a rookie in Ulduar (had a break on retail when Ulduar was added) but since i find Ulduar one of the best encounters in this expansion i want to gain more experience there also :). I personally have a belief that there is no "good enough" level, and one person can always improve himself, or at the very least try to do so.

I'm currently searching for a good PvE guild, with friendly and social environment , experienced players working their way to beat the hardest encounter available, preparing for opening of Ruby Sanctum. Reliving my time from WOTLK Expansion spend on retail, i want to be part of a team with which i can enjoy the challenges the game provide but also have fun and make new friends.

If the guild has a forum where guild matters are attended , i will be able to check it at least twice every day, i'm also able to join any group communication software that the guild might use. I'm quite an active player usually online in the afternoon between 3pm and 12am svt, more in weekends.

My current characters are:

Elysia Shadow MS 5.8k gs Holy OS 6k gs Armory Link
Focusing mostly on Shadow Spec and grabbing a piece for holy here and there to be able to help with an extra heal where it might be needed, i tried various stats prioritize and came to the conclusion that heading for a haste cap as soon as possible is the choice that best fits my playstyle and maximize the overall damage output for my current gear.

Xelan Fury MS 5.8k gs Protection OS 5.5k gs Armory Link
Warriors were my favorite class to play in all my World of Warcraft experience, as the latest tier of WOTLK expansion makes able to hit 100% armor penetration as most of the world wide warrior players i also find that stacking armor penetration maximize my overall damage output currently at 99.17% armor penetration, aware to keep up with expertize and hit cap. I've also enjoyed Protection spec on my years of playtime, while on progression i usually tend to focus on maximizing my EHP (Efective Hit Points) also aiming towards avoidance while trying to keep stable my health and armor hence the improvement on avoidance would have a more immediate benefit on how easily my healers are able to keep me up.

Byxen Restoration MS 5.2k gs Elemental OS (working on elemental gear) Armory Link
Not much to say about my new restoration shaman, key word being "new" i am still trying to figure out the best spec and how to prioritize my stats, currently trying a boost of haste with some mana regen, thing which i found to give the most effective healing for my current gear. As for elemental spec i won't pay so much attention to it for now , chose a random spec from the various elemental shamans guides i checked, unless my future guild will be in need of a good elemental shaman which will challenge me to improve.

I really appreciate the guilds which strictly chose their members and narrow their community to a small group of experienced players fitting their expectations all with the purpose of continuously evolving and improving in order to beat the latest tier of content.

In the end i will mention that i may be forgetful and by mistake forget to heal the troll taking a bath in Coldflame at Lord Marrowgar fight ^_^ while i'm healing ^_^ . Jokes apart, i just want to thank you for the time and the attention you have dedicated to read and consider my application, hoping that i will be given the chance to prove myself. I am available to talk and answer any further questions you guys may want to ask me, or should you guys want additional details over any point of my application.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards.

Belthezar

Re: Guild Application

#2 » Post by Belthezar » 08 Apr 2014 14:17

Compared to 75% of the server, on a scale of 1 to 5 your english is 6. So don't worry there ^^
Check out my WTB list all you silent farmers out there!
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13204

Bluebell
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Bluebell » 10 Apr 2014 02:56

No offence, but no one cares for the mast majority of stuff you said.

Can you avoid fire?
Can you do 15k+ dps on a regular basis?
Can you stay in raids for 3 hours?

If yes, welcome aboard!
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Knewklear
Donor

#4 » Post by Knewklear » 10 Apr 2014 04:28

What Blue said. I'd say the DPS comment is a little exaggerated, though. Just be sure of your DPS rotation. Don't include any fancy things to make it unique. Same goes for your talent tree. If it has to be the same boring rotation or tree as all others, so be it. If you'd wish for a change in something when it comes to DPS, however, fiddle around with gemming. It keeps things exciting. Well, for me, as an assassination rogue, at least :)

xelan

#5 » Post by xelan » 10 Apr 2014 13:39

No offence taken.Thank you for the feedback.
Agree, I may have exaggerated with all the dps crap, tried to explain why i chose to socket the way i did, it may seem strange for other players.
To answer you questions, yes i know rotations for every class i play, 15k+ dps on a regular basis? with my current gear i can't but 11k+ dps with my priest and 13k+ dps with my warrior , yes on a regular basis. I don't tend to leave a raid once i joined even if that takes 3 or 4 hours. Knowing how a boss fight goes, what the boss does and what you're suppose to do when he does that helps me to be watchful on every encounter to avoid fire,slime pools,slime spray, run with swarming shadow, spread before defile is casted etc.

Mythilogic

#6 » Post by Mythilogic » 02 May 2014 01:17

Bluebell wrote: Can you avoid fire?
Call me necromancer, but this made my day.