Newly transferred tank looking for a guild

If you are looking for a guild, guild members or leveling partners among the Horde, this is a good place to find them.
Keven

Newly transferred tank looking for a guild

#1 » Post by Keven » 21 Sep 2013 16:23

Well howdy there, the name's Keven, and it's a pleasure to be under consideration for your guild.

Little bit about me:
Been playing WoW since Retail 3.2, however since then I've experimented with many different patches/Xpacs before setting down on a 3.3.5 server a few years ago, Bloodcraft. I have experience with many different classes and specs, from Fire mage, to Fury warrior, to Frost DK, however I will say that I am a tank at heart. While I do enjoy DPSing, I am a raider at heart, and I enjoy keeping the raid alive with my face. I firmly subscribe to the raiding philosophy that, as a tank, you are least likely person to die in a raid....and I enjoy the job safety that comes with being bludgeoned to death by Dragon, robots, and undead horrors. I am also an avid PvPer...my previous guild was a PvP guild that only occasionally raided, so I have plenty of experience with that side of the game, but again, I am more of a PvE person.

Obligatory Armory link: http://www.truewow.org/armory/character ... en&s=Keven

Spec: 0/55/16 Protection, and 0/20/51 Ret PvP. If you wish to recruit me as Ret DPS, I'll gladly change to a more PVE friendly spec.

What can I bring to your guild: 3% reduced damage, 10% stam, 3% crit, 10------But if your asking about me as a person, I'm a fairly nice guy. I'm from Canada, so it more of a racal trait then anything else, Eh? I'm a very posative person...I hate giveing up after 2-3 whips, even when people start to get negative that nobody is getting healed and the offtank is getting killed (Unless the offtanks have greens in Ony 25man, THEN it's a different story.) Overall, I'dd rate myself as a Neutral Good person, mostly because I think I can get away with nerdy references on a WoW board :P

Experience:

I've raided the fallowing (at level)
Zul'Gurub
Molten Core
Kara
Gruls Lair
Naxx80 (10/25 man)
VoA (LOL) 10/25 man
OS (10 man, with 0/1/2/3 drakes, ( Nightfall isn't the most difficult title in the world, but when you only had Tier 7/8.5, it was damn hard, and so I wear it proudly)
Ony 10/25 man

ICC/ToC wen't open at the time, so, while I know the fights, I cannot clame any real-raid experience.

What I'm looking for: Casual over Progression. When I was still in school, I enjoyed progression guilds more...raiding 4 nights a week, and playing 14 hours a day (No, really). Looking back on that experience.....it was not healthy...and I've learned from that. And so, I'm looking for a semi-casual group of people to hang out with, talk too, perhaps run a raid every week or so on evenings and weekends. WoW is still importent for me, but so is keeping my job, my family, and all the other stuff I do for fun. Does this make me a "filthy casual?" Perhaps. But once you see me in action, either over vent, in /Rw, or perhaps silently talking a pug, you'll know your tank has experence.

Anywho, that's about all I can think off to put at the moment. If you'dd like to contact me, my name is (Unsurprisingly) Keven, in-game, or just send me a forum PM. Thanks for reading :)

Bluebell
Former Staff

Re: Newly transferred tank looking for a guild

#2 » Post by Bluebell » 21 Sep 2013 18:06

Why don't you take Divine Sacrifice?
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 Sep 2013 18:24

Babbles wrote:Why don't you take Divine Sacrifice?
I wonder why some people don't take it too :D

Improved Hammer of Justice and Judgements of the Just aren't worth it, imho.

Justicelight
Donor

#4 » Post by Justicelight » 21 Sep 2013 18:35

Hey, I also play retri pvp and here is my opinion:

- take as many points as you can get in Divinity and not in Toughness.
- if you didn`t talented Seal of the Pure you might talent a bit more your defense by taking Divine Sacrifice -> Divine Guardian.
- Sanctified Retribution is also a must because it acts in same way as Arcane Empowerment of an Arcane Mage (3% overall dmg when any aura is enabled).
- You need to get Sanctified Wrath since it lowers the cooldown of Avenging Wrath by 1 minute, which is our only burst ability and also because while AV is active you bypass absorbs/damage reduction effects including armor.
- All the respect for seeing you use my desired 3rd glyph as well: Glyph of Divine Storm :D

Here is my pvp spec and I`m waiting your opinion about it.
http://www.truewow.org/armory/talents.p ... light&sp=1

Good luck, JL
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Keven

#5 » Post by Keven » 21 Sep 2013 22:34

Back on BC Divine Sacrifice was bugged in the fact it would actually kill you from using it. Quite silly, in fights with heavy raid damage, and so I freed up my points.

Judgements of the Just are there for fights without a Prot/Arms warrior to also apply the -attack speed debuff, witch I've found to be helpful on fights with steady damage. Course, other classes like DK apply the debuff as part of there normal rotation but I've found that, in 10 mans, you can't always count on it.

And I.Hammer of Justice is there for Trash with spells that NEED to be interupted. Sadly, Prot Palidens don't have a reliable interrupt like Prot warriors and DK's do, and (at least on trash) the stun works as a interrupt. Not the most useful use of talent points, perhaps, but I've found that I use HoJ a fair bit on trash when it isn't interrupted. Most of my talent choices were takeing what wasn't bugged, I plan to rearange them once I start raiding again.

Once again, this thread was ment moreso towards finding a guild then discussions about talents...but I thank you for your input.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Bluebell » 21 Sep 2013 23:40

You don't need the stun duration reduction, you should be talenting towards bosses, not trash mobs.

On the other hand, Judgements of the Just is worth it imo, as it gives 12% damage boost to mages (torment the weak) if as you said, other classes don't do it instead, there may be other classes, also increased by combat snares.

Anyway, as you said this is you searching for a guild, so I'll leave it be. Just thought you sharing your knowledge would aid you in being noticed.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?