LFG for BC heroic dungeons

If you are looking for a guild, guild members or leveling partners among the Alliance, this is a good place to find them.
Toughy

LFG for BC heroic dungeons

#1 » Post by Toughy » 06 May 2011 16:15

Hello

Anyone wants to get the reputation for and to play heroic mode Burning Crusade dungeons, while still in the levels range for them, 70-75 ?

I sadly find it that most players ignore these, that is if they even know that Outland dungeons do have a heroic mode.

To play them one need to be at 'honored' reputation with a specific Outland faction, as follows:
  • Honor Hold, to play heroic mode Hellfire Citadel instances, in Hellfire Peninsula
    Lower City, to play heroic mode Auchidon instances in Terrokkar
    Cenarion Expedition (not Cenarion Circle), to play heroic mode Coilfang Reservoir instances in Zangarmarsh
    The Sha'tar (from Shttrath), to play heroic mode Tempst Keep instances (Botanica, Mechanar, Arcatraz)
    Keepers of Time in Tanaris, to play heroic mode instances in the Caverns of Time
    Shattered Sun Offensive (from Shattrath) to play heroic mode Magister's Terrace
(see Reputation requirements on Wow wiki)

Why did everyone forget about these instances ? From the BC expansion page on wow wiki:
This would turn normal level 60-70 instances into much harder level 70 instances with better loot. The final boss of every hard mode instance will drop epic items, and every boss in hard mode instances will drop tokens to get special gear available in Shattrath.
Oh, by the way, I play mostly Friday night or in the week-ends

slovan13

Re: LFG for BC heroic dungeons

#2 » Post by slovan13 » 30 Aug 2011 01:39

People don't do it because you get less Experience as if you'd be doing wtolk normal dungs and the loot is worse.... On top of that all wotlk stuff is easier....

Bluebell
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Bluebell » 31 Aug 2011 20:50

Heroic outland dungeons are probably harder than Norhterend quests.
The gear from Northerend quests/world drops is probably as good as if not better.
Your group might get taken by someone else in an instance.
You have higher chance of dying in an heroic.
You will have more selection of items doing quests, and get them quicker.
You experience will be all yours and you get quest xp, not experience split between 4 people.
etc

Best way to do these dungeons is to look for 80s who want to farm rep and ask if you can go with them. They'll kill all mobs and most likely let you take all items. But doing it with people your level range, it's much easier just to go to Northerend. They're TBC end game dungeons, TBC is not end game anymore. Just like the rep farming in Plaguelands, you can spend hours maybe days rep farming there, just to get a green from Outland.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

narcissa

#4 » Post by narcissa » 31 Aug 2011 21:02

bluebell wrote:Heroic outland dungeons are probably harder than Norhterend quests.The gear from Northerend quests/world drops is probably as good as if not better.Your group might get taken by someone else in an instance.You have higher chance of dying in an heroic.You will have more selection of items doing quests, and get them quicker.You experience will be all yours and you get quest xp, not experience split between 4 people.etcBest way to do these dungeons is to look for 80s who want to farm rep and ask if you can go with them. They'll kill all mobs and most likely let you take all items. But doing it with people your level range, it's much easier just to go to Northerend. They're TBC end game dungeons, TBC is not end game anymore. Just like the rep farming in Plaguelands, you can spend hours maybe days rep farming there, just to get a green from Outland.
And just like that, you took away all the fun. Most of the people have forgotten that playing a game is having fun on the first place, getting gear, pwning n00bz and being tha best pr0 uber super playah come only after.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Bluebell » 31 Aug 2011 21:35

Right.

Farming the same instance enough times for rep, so you can do the exact same instance again only this time it's harder.

Repetitivity = fun !

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 31 Aug 2011 21:43

I did all TBC heroics for achievements, they are quite easy to solo at lvl 80. For farming exp normal mode is better. I leveled my pally from 10 to 79 by only farming instances with my lvl 80 warrior tanking and my pally receiving exp and assist with heal in the northrend dungeons so I could pull more at the same time. 79 to 80 was done with quest completer at argent tournament :P

But yea after lvl 70 you really shouldn't be in outland anymore for exp or items.

narcissa

#7 » Post by narcissa » 31 Aug 2011 21:48

Right. Rushing to 80 so you can do the same random heroics again and again and farming icc twice a week is fun!

Bluebell
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Bluebell » 31 Aug 2011 21:50

narcissa wrote:Right. Rushing to 80 so you can do the same random heroics again and again and farming icc twice a week is fun!
So we agree they're both the same thing, the only difference is that at level 80 you have more things to do and meet more people. Glad we got that out of the way.

And doing what Roel did is rushing to 80, questing and doing new Northerend dungeons isn't rushing at all. If so, why not stay at 60 and farm Strat rep? Why rush to Outland?

narcissa

#9 » Post by narcissa » 31 Aug 2011 23:37

I wasn't talking about farming reputation, I was talking about doing different dungeons and on heroic difficulty with a party of the same level so that there is some challenge in clearing the instance. This is something different and fun to do. And you still have time to quest in Northrend and reach 80 and gain that super uber gear after hundrends of hours in arena and icc and so on.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Bluebell » 31 Aug 2011 23:50

You will usually have to farm rep in order to be able to do Heroics.

narcissa

#11 » Post by narcissa » 01 Sep 2011 09:30

The reputation needed to do heroics it's just honored, and if you are doing quests you get to honored with one or two runs in an instance, it really doesn't require you to spend hours in farming reputation, so no repetitivity. Then again you are free to do what you like better, but saying Northrend is better because you get faster experience and better loot in less time is killing the fun for the people that like to play various aspects of the game and not only rushing to 80 and icc.

I find OL instances more interesting than LK's and I personally had fun doing them. You have plenty of time for the rest anyway, but as long as you reach 80, there's no challenge in doing OL instances anymore.

OkweL

#12 » Post by OkweL » 01 Sep 2011 10:01

No matter what you think or do, I am up for any OL heroic. I still need them for achievements, I have keys for almost all if not all already.