Anyone wants to get into early raids ?

If you are looking for a guild, guild members or leveling partners among the Alliance, this is a good place to find them.
Toughy

Anyone wants to get into early raids ?

#1 » Post by Toughy » 15 Dec 2010 13:27

Hello

I am soon to reach lvl 60 (I am at 55 as of now) and I am looking forward to joining my first raids as I have not done that yet.

However I do not know how that works and I hear that since the expansions people no longer run through the original lvl 60 raids ... :(

Are there more people like me willing to run the classic raids ?
Can you let me know how is a raid set up, what do you need for it and how do I join ?
(Also, how do I set up and run a dungeon in Heroic Mode ? What do I need for it ?)

Is it worth trying to cap my level to 60 just so I can play those raids the way they were meant to be, before TBC and WotLK ?

Thank you,
Toughy
Last edited by Toughy on 17 Jan 2011 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

OkweL

Re: Anyone wants to get into early raids ?

#2 » Post by OkweL » 16 Dec 2010 14:00

Are there more people like me willing to run the classic raids ?
It's hard to get people to run classic raids but still possible.
Can you let me know how is a raid set up, what do you need for it and how do I join ?
Invite someone to join you in party just like in normal instance, then press "o", go to raid tab, convert to raid, start inviting more. Mark main and off-tanks, main healer, you can promote some people to raid assistant so they have some sort of power in raid.
(Also, how do I set up and run a dungeon in Heroic Mode ? What do I need for it ?)
Basicly, level 60+ (maybe even bit higher), for Outland heroics you need keys to enter, and those are obtainable in different ways (quests, reputation).
For Northrend heroics you need just level.
To set instance to heroic, right click on your portrait and choose dungeon difficulty -> Heroic
Is it worth trying to cap my level to 60 just so I can play those raids the way they were meant to be, before TBC and WotLK ?
You can do those raids even at 55+. Check min level required to enter on wowhead. Though it will be like mission impossible with not full raid group and enough healers.

Sarcofagus

#3 » Post by Sarcofagus » 16 Dec 2010 15:21

I'm your man :D but not your faction :mrgreen: so can't help you.

Horde players often do such raids, tough.

Dr. Who

#4 » Post by Dr. Who » 21 Dec 2010 01:43

i allready tryed make some clasic and TBC raids. (on hord and ally)
is simply impossible. players are not interested in anything beyond ICC / Nax / OnyxiaLair / BGs / arenas and some rare times Horde/Ally raids.
the largest number of people who i got together was 6.
give up try , i allready gived up. :(
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Kraith
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Kraith » 21 Dec 2010 07:34

I'd do it for the fun and achievements.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Ambassador Grok

#6 » Post by Ambassador Grok » 21 Dec 2010 09:57

Dr. Who? wrote:i allready tryed make some clasic and TBC raids. (on hord and ally)
is simply impossible. players are not interested in anything beyond ICC / Nax / OnyxiaLair / BGs / arenas and some rare times Horde/Ally raids.
the largest number of people who i got together was 6.
give up try , i allready gived up. :(
It's even impossible to get in to a TBC dungeon group. A few days ago, I tried to get a group for The Auchenai Crypts. Wasted the whole day for that...

Toughy

#7 » Post by Toughy » 21 Dec 2010 18:36

I am sorry to hear that Grok, but I think maybe you should consider trying again ...

I am facing this problem almost every time I play, since I always want to get into a dungeon. But usually if you are nice and know how to talk you can find a healer ! At least until level 57, that I have reached by now, and I have reached it by running dungeons with pick-up groups ... On a few occasions, though, it did happened to me to find no healer, or even to find healer but not enough DPSes, since everyone is a tank on our server ! :)

At my level particularly (55-60) there is also the problem that everyone has logged their main off and has logged on their DK ! I usually have to avoid them, or at least try to get at most one DK in the group, since they generate so much treat ... ! So much ... !

But recently I am facing a new challenge: to find two healers, one more tank (since I am also a tank) and 6 DPS-es for the first raid that I can now see in the Raid Browser, the 10-man Upper Blackrock Spire.

I am still looking forward to achieve this, but the real life has gotten a hold of me lately, since the Christmas is coming soon now ! :)

Oh, and please let me know if I am right to assume that in a 10-man raid you need 2 regular parties, meaning you need 2 healers, 2 tanks and 6 DPS-es ? How about 15-man raids ? 25 ? 40 ? Are they also composed of 3, 5 and 8 party groups, respectively ?

Thank you,
Toughy

Edit: Actually the Upper Blackrock Spire seems to be a 15-man raid, or so the in-game raid browser for version 3.3.5a says, despite some other add-ons saying it is a 10 man raid
Last edited by Toughy on 17 Jan 2011 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador Grok

#8 » Post by Ambassador Grok » 21 Dec 2010 18:45

Well I will only try it out again when I'm 80. I'm almost 71 now, so I want to reach 80 faster.

Dr. Who

#9 » Post by Dr. Who » 21 Dec 2010 19:57

with my alt i'm druid resto.
i'm lv57.
with i play with it some times i do dungeons. =)
i do more dungeons with my alt and with low lv people tham with my lv80. lol
most of the Lv 80 people dont know how to have fun.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.

Toughy

#10 » Post by Toughy » 17 Jan 2011 15:25

And by the way I manged to get two pick-up groups for the first classic raids: Upper Blackrock Spire and Zul'Gurub.

It was not that very hard, I got 15 and 19 people for the raids, respectively, without prior announcement. Sunday and Saturday night the server seems to be most populated, and you need to ask a few healers first if they want to join, and only after that should you get the rest of the group.

But is was not too great either! The problem is a few high level players (78 and 80) also wanned to join, and that kind of ruined all the fun ! :( All the fun ! :( And also because of that the raids ended so fast ! :(
As a tank I died when boss was at half the HP, when I was already 64 myself, and not 60, and without the high levels that would clearly have been a wipe.

If only I knew that in order to invite 20 people manually to a group I should have a macro, I could have avoided that. But hey, they were my first raids whatsoever ! :)

However I think that grouping 40 people for a raid like Molten Core is not going to be that easy anymore.

Now I think it will be a while before I can play wow again, as I am moving out of town and I shall need a new computer, that I can not afford to buy right away.

Toughy

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 17 Jan 2011 16:09

We did MC with like 8 people a few days ago and it was over so fast. Not much fun about is since a good tank and healer with maybe a few dps can do it with a group of 5 or less. ZG can be easily done with 2 people and UBRS can be soloed if specced correctly. You should do Naxx, it's a classic raid converted for lvl 80s and it's really fun.

Dr. Who

#12 » Post by Dr. Who » 17 Jan 2011 20:50

i wana do clasic raid 2...... why i'm never on when you do it. =(
i hate my life. /cry

peacelover

#13 » Post by peacelover » 31 May 2011 10:45

Now now.. dont tell its impossible. Alliance does classic / tbc raids too.
Check out my armory for confirmation. To add i find it quite easy to get such group >_>

godatifor

#14 » Post by godatifor » 31 May 2011 11:07

I'm always free for all dungeons and raids.
Wisper me in game (lexicos) and i will help you.

OkweL

#15 » Post by OkweL » 01 Jun 2011 17:57

@peacelover
Almost half year old topic. Things have changed since then :P