Tips and Tricks in organizing guild 25 man runs.

Step in and share ideas and experiences on in-guild and inter-guild relationships.
peacelover

Tips and Tricks in organizing guild 25 man runs.

#1 » Post by peacelover » 06 Jun 2011 09:47

As in topic subject.

Anyone got any pointers about organizing guild 25 man runs?

from the start till the very raid run itself. To tell the truth i find it kinda hard to do and would like to see your point of view.

Stryke

Re: Tips and Tricks in organizing guild 25 man runs.

#2 » Post by Stryke » 06 Jun 2011 11:19

Organising a 25-man raid is war.

Planning: First of all, you need to organise it the same day & time each week. This means people will know when it is. Also plan it in advance. Don't make it up on the spot.

Inviting: Start with the raid officers & leaders. Fill up the raid with your guildies only. Lack the numbers? Know the PuGers that are online. Nothing worse than having to take an undergeared PuG who doesn't know the tactics.

Tactics: Just like we're back in school. You have to remind them constantly what to do on each boss when you get to them. They may all have Deadly Boss Mods or not but raiders tend to have attention spans of drunk flies. Also tell them to close recount. It is not about who has the biggest dps /hps, it should be about working together to get each boss down to progress as a guild/team.

Looting: Master Looting. Make sure they know what the difference is between Main Spec & Off Spec. Nothing worse than having Marrowgar's 2-H axe won by someone who came there as a healer. It kinda destroys the morale of the people who could've used it right there right now. Also make sure you know what stats are good for what class/spec. For example, Armor Penetration is practically useless to a paladin whilst it's great for warriors & blood dks.
Alternatively if you have an addon for a Loot System it can save a few heartbreaks (DKP, EPGP, Loot Council, etc...)

AFKs & Breaks: You know we all get them, whether it's to bio-break, smoke-break, wash-up, dinner, etc...
What I tend to absolutely hate is people who do not announce it to raid officers/leaders & those who take more than 5 minutes. These people who tell you "i gtg eat, brb 15 mins" then appear when the boss is dead without contributing to the kill shouldn't be able to roll on it.
Plan your breaks carefully. Sometimes they can be what gets you past a boss because people can concentrate better after a small break.
Lets say your raid session overall will be of 4 hours. You should make a break of 5-10 mins in between.

And lastly the best method of success is to keep the same core of players each raid. These people will be your best raiders & will be able to cooperate together at a much higher level if they work together constantly.

Well I hope I helped. Now I'm off to shower... :P

peacelover

#3 » Post by peacelover » 06 Jun 2011 11:53

Stryke wrote:Organising a 25-man raid is war.

Also tell them to close recount. It is not about who has the biggest dps /hps, it should be about working together to get each boss down to progress as a guild/team.
amg ;p

This sentence makes me wish our both guilds were same fraction >_<

My main reason why i hate recount.... people go for stats not to achive something >_>
especialy hate healers that brag about hps =.=

and yes you helped out for that many thanks. =] i will need to check that looting addons to save some time even on 10 mans it will be handy.

Stryke

#4 » Post by Stryke » 07 Jun 2011 11:39

Well i'm not going alliance any time soon:P though I do have an ally alt at lvl 71 :P PM me though if you want to know who :P

OkweL

#5 » Post by OkweL » 07 Jun 2011 13:18

I want to know :>

Stryke

#6 » Post by Stryke » 07 Jun 2011 13:37

OkweL wrote:I want to know :>
Just cause I'm nice I'll tell you if you PM me. But no one else :P

Arraj

#7 » Post by Arraj » 20 Oct 2011 21:48

Just imagine how it was back then on Classic - 40 man runs... damn!
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

-

#8 » Post by - » 24 Oct 2011 23:24

40-manned instances... That's... an impossible dream I'd really like to come true if I happen to be in such a raid group...

Cover25

#9 » Post by Cover25 » 24 Oct 2011 23:26

Teh_owner96 wrote:40-manned instances... That's... an impossible dream I'd really like to come true if I happen to be in such a raid group...
Iv had 40M raids before, Not that hard once you get one started..

Mithrandir

#10 » Post by Mithrandir » 25 Oct 2011 18:57

Those were not all 80s. Your horde raids always had some below 80 and even some below 70. He's talking about only maxed toons.

-

#11 » Post by - » 25 Oct 2011 20:09

Cover25 wrote:Iv had 40M raids before, Not that hard once you get one started..
What are the chances of making such raids these days in this server? (mixed levels, not only 80s)