[TW] Progression Guild for WOTLK

Step in and share ideas and experiences on in-guild and inter-guild relationships.
Longi

[TW] Progression Guild for WOTLK

#1 » Post by Longi » 13 May 2016 02:26

Hello !

I heard that " Majority " of TW community wants to play on progression realm. That sounds fine, so lets see what can we do for the community. As you maybe noticed TW staff cannot make the progression realm, because they are in no position for it. 2 realms is already a lot of work, so lets give them holidays. There is always another way how to get the goal.

Another way can be for example create PVE guild focusing on progression .... For this we will need few rules, because server will not hold progression itself....

so for example....

Basic info :
[hide]Guild name : There is a lot way how to name the guild, so lets see if we can get enought players first...
Guild ranks : it has time ...but I think it will be nice to have "special rank" after each season
Loot system : DKP system with main spec / off spec priority
Final number of Guild members : In my opinion, there wont be enough players for 10 man, so lets say for begging 25-30 players is the goal. This guild doesnt need 300 members, 25 active will be ok to enjoy this ....
Class Roleplayers : Why role-players ? Well the goal is get at least 25 players, so there isnt place for 15 DKs or 10 warriors. Lets try to get each class needed for the raid - tanks / healers / dps. NO alts only main characters for now.
Raid time : It will depend on players and from where they are, but lets say from 18:00 to 21:00 serer time ... it can be changed if majority of the guild will be from another time zone[/hide]

Seasons :
[hide]Season T7
Naxxramas
The Obsidian Sanctum
The Eye of Eternity - 10 man only

Season T8
The Eye of Eternity - 25 man
Ulduar
Onyxia Lair - 10 man only

Season T9
Onyxia Lair - 25 man
Trial of The Crusader
Vault of Archavon - except last boss

Season T10
Vault of Archavon - Last boss
Icecrown Citadel
The Ruby Sanctum[/hide]

Rules :
[hide]
  • Guild members can use only gear from active season ( NO gear from season T10 in season T7)
  • Only main character in progression guild ( at least from start )
  • New season wont begin until the guild clear every raid from active season ?
  • Season will be active for 3-6 months
  • Season can be active until some percentage of guild members get BIST season gaer ? ( lets give chance to all gear up their characters )
  • When majority of the guild said fuck this season lets move on, season will end
  • Fresh lvl 80 with basic pre-raid gear
[/hide]

Recruitment : 0/30
[hide]Tanks main spec
[*] Warrior -
[*] Paladin -
[*] Feral druid -
[*] Dk -

Healers main spec
[*] Shaman -
[*] Paladin -
[*] Druid -
[*] Priest Holy -
[*] Priest Disco -
[*] free random spot

Range dps main spec
[*] Hunter -
[*] Hunter -
[*] Balance druid -
[*] Shadow priest -
[*] Shaman -
[*] Warlock -
[*] Warlock -
[*] Mage -
[*] Mage -
[*] free random spot

Melle dps main spec
[*] Feral druid cat -
[*] Rogue -
[*] Rogue -
[*] Retri paladin -
[*] Retri paladin -
[*] Dk -
[*] DK -
[*] Warrior -
[*] Warrior -
[*] Enha shaman -[/hide]

So lets see this " Majority " of community and how many players are interesting in this ....

IF we can get players and I mean active players which will stay all seasons .... I ll donate this guild with golds for all guild bank slots and for repairs ....

Sign in comment your role and say to all your friends about this, More players we will get = bigger chance to start this :)

Nyeriah

Re: [TW] Progression Guild for WOTLK

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 May 2016 04:53

I don't think you got the concept of what a progression server is. What you're proposing remotely relates to twinking but about nothing else.

It's one thing to be capped at a certain progress stage, and one another to choose to do so at your own will while everyone else around you runs with the latest gear available. It's sort of a primary element of a RPG - if you'll never actually be at the high tier, while everybody else does, it becomes quite dull.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to run Naxxramas and old content with my friends once again (as I have the past weeks before I got rid of my characters). But the way it currently is, you will have a hard time finding people motivated to follow what you're proposing.

Besides, it was never said the majority of the TrueWoW community wanted a progression server. Actually, quite the opposite - it was said the majority of the players here DO NOT want to go through progression again. I don't know where you got that from, looks more like an intentional misconception of what was said to strengthen the point you tried to make. Or perhaps it's just a plain misconception to start with.

Longi

#3 » Post by Longi » 13 May 2016 05:13

well .... I wrote " majority " :)

I know there is not many people for this here, but who knows if all people with these "progression realm ideas" will join, maybe it will work...

I know what does progression server mean, but again I wrote too that TW doesnt have power to create new realm and this is just another way how people can get their "progression server "
Nyeriah wrote:It's one thing to be capped at a certain progress stage, and one another to choose to do so at your own will while everyone else around you runs with the latest gear available. It's sort of a primary element of a RPG - if you'll never actually be at the high tier, while everybody else does, it becomes quite dull.
Well, I agree with you... but I dont know, if they want to do raids one by one, you need find just right players for it :) and it doesnt matter what gear have other players ( at least for me )
Main point of this is do raids in order they were realesed ( well, even my idea for seasons is different from retail )

Fifohulu

TW Progression Guild for WOTLK

#4 » Post by Fifohulu » 24 Oct 2016 08:25

In the history Ive uninstalled guild wars, so I kinda didnt plan on it to get back on track for a while

but anyways its not like I was all that active

iceshock

#5 » Post by iceshock » 24 Oct 2016 08:40

This sound's like a very good idea, there was a guild that did this on retail not long ago, they capped there leveling off at 80 (by talking to NPC in stormwind / oggrimar etc), so they didn't gain any XP, and they tried to do WOTLK content at level 80, whilst the patch it's self was at lvl 100 i think.

If i recall furthest they got was like plague quater? they started with blue items all 25 players, and got to plague quater or something, iv no definate or correct information, i just remember reading something about it, so i don't want to say too much incorrect info about it, but im sure somebody will post a link to it after this post giving full details, it was a interesting read.

But the problem we have here is, how do you absolutely prevent one of the 25 player's simply equipping a 264 boe? you don't, so what might look like a success might not be at all.

In realistic term's it's all good saying okay everyone use naxx gear, but in reality, it won't happen. people are too proud of DPS and recount to care about rules like that.

The only way that you would get 25 people sticking to the rules is, by either having some achievement like the algalon achievement in ulduar (herald), etc, where it's 100% required.

But, But, with that said, my self personally, id fully support any run like this, and id even join my self and craft some low ilvl items or buy some just for the experience of playing content the way it was designed, and if it was successful, then it would be really great for doing something different.

But the major factor would be cheater's using icc BOE gear etc, but not only that, that it would be extremely hard to get 25 people for naxx now in naxx gear or willing to do so.

But for now, put my name down as any class / char that's needed for raid setup, i have all apart from Boomkin / Enhance shaman, (alliance that is).

Although, i won't be "joining guild" as i am a guild leader my self, im simply offering that id participate in such a raid. :)
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

mcheka

#6 » Post by mcheka » 24 Oct 2016 12:59

I must have missed this thread when it was posted. The idea is cool, though it makes me wonder who would lead such raids.

This idea existed to an extreme in retail by the way, where people attempted to clear all of wotlk in ilvl200 blues with no epic enchants or gems. They cleared most of icc, and all the previous instances. This was in 3.3 btw, not a later patch.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/718 ... Chronicles
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Gadoschi
Donor

#7 » Post by Gadoschi » 22 Jul 2017 20:53

All this was done on a realm with several THOUSAND players, not with several players period
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

anwi1986

#8 » Post by anwi1986 » 23 Jul 2017 11:17

mcheka wrote:
24 Oct 2016 12:59
...This idea existed to an extreme in retail by the way, where people attempted to clear all of wotlk in ilvl200 blues with no epic enchants or gems. They cleared most of icc, and all the previous instances. This was in 3.3 btw, not a later patch.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/718 ... Chronicles
By far the best community-driven project I was ever able to be a part of.
Especially because we started the project as a direct response to the uprise of the gearscore hype. Therefore the support of the community was amazing.

But yeah, it requires a certain type of sophisticated player and therefore will not be done again anytime soon on private servers.

loveable

#9 » Post by loveable » 23 Jul 2017 14:27

just would say KAPPA
i know ur goal is pnl hc
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG