Asking for a BIG favor

Step in and share ideas and experiences on in-guild and inter-guild relationships.
Lockttar

Asking for a BIG favor

#1 » Post by Lockttar » 10 May 2015 21:44

Yes, I'm new. Yes, I'm nobody here. Yes, I'm asking for favor ( cuz' others "can't write it good" )

Ok... here is the deal.

Now with Sheena gone Warsong Clan became a ghost-town. It's mostly because people didn't came up with idea to ask a GM to promote someone to highest rank to save the guild while current guildmaster is offline.

I met Amazonian today. He was delighted to hear this idea and would gladly accept the role.
We talked alot and decided to give it a shot and try to re-establish what that guild was in it's best times.
Yes it's gonna be hard job, long one too, but it gives us a goal to accomplish outside of pure wsg-ing and gear hunts.

I'm sure that even if impossible happens and Sheena loggs back one day, she will be happy to see guild alive rather than horde scattered again.
This quote will prove that:
I dont give a damn about being leader. I'll pass it to anyone who feels like it as long it's not some random newcommer to server ofc.
Source: Warsong Clan's recruitment post

It's a shame that such a great guild gets left behind and we are gonna try to revive it if you let us.
If you worry about what will happen to other guys for leaving their guilds and joining Warsong Clan again, well... Sheena never fails to impress me over and over.
Look at this quote:
Ranks:
We respect your effort in war against alliance even if you are not part of the Clan. Your honorable kills count the same in or out of the guild. Therefore, if you just entered the guild we will value your experience and kill count same as someone who has been in guild for some time already. You get the rank you really deserved.

Same source as above mentioned quote.

For this purpose this rank system is perfect. Those guys that left guild due to it's leader's inactivity can only get higher rank or stay on same rank they had depending on their kill count.
Basically none looses in this situation. Amazonian gets promotion and everyone else gets back to best guild they had for their 19 character.

New guild that's major part of 19lvl community now (Loktar Ogar) is blatant copy/paste of Warsong Clan. Same ranks, same rules and less guild bank tabs ;) Just one more reason to promote Amazonian to guildmaster.
So if any GM can do it, I'm sure alot of 19s would be grateful to come back "home".

just random thoughts from one of lazy peons...

Tenebro
Honorary Member

Re: Asking for a BIG favor

#2 » Post by Tenebro » 10 May 2015 22:46

Last edited by Tenebro on 04 Jun 2015 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

shaun03

#3 » Post by shaun03 » 10 May 2015 22:59

Good luck, really hope you guys manage to reignite the 19 twink community.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Polkic
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Polkic » 10 May 2015 23:22

Is there still any officer in guild?

Lockttar

#5 » Post by Lockttar » 10 May 2015 23:42

afaik Amazonian was officer but i can't really tell why he left and got reinvited later. Now his rank is lowest.
One of officers was Kdrew, now gm of Loktar Ogar whose member I'm now (but planing to transfer to Warsong Clan). Fact thatt he just renamed the guild and kept the rules and ideas speaks for itself.

I'm just surprised how they didn't get idea to ask GM for promotion :)

Ragnorak
Donor

#6 » Post by Ragnorak » 11 May 2015 03:59

@Lockttar
I think this topic may shed some light on the situation in regards to Sheena.
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15280
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Seveno5
Donor

#7 » Post by Seveno5 » 11 May 2015 08:15

Lockttar wrote: One of officers was Kdrew, now gm of Loktar Ogar whose member I'm now (but planing to transfer to Warsong Clan). Fact thatt he just renamed the guild and kept the rules and ideas speaks for itself.

I'm just surprised how they didn't get idea to ask GM for promotion :)

The renamed guild Kdrew made, is to be seen as a way of 'honoring' Sheena, imo.
After she seemed to have disappeared out of game, and nobody had knowledge if she would return (soon), it may have felt disrespectful to have her replaced as Guild Master. >:(

steal887

#8 » Post by steal887 » 11 May 2015 09:02

Me kdrew here. Will pass lead. I thought about it. And will quitt 19pvp. Sheena was the reason i started. I worked myself up to warlord of warsong clan. I tried to save the dying guild. The problem is. Its that they all play for sheena. Not for the horde. Can sound strange but it was hard to wven get to this point. Anyway. I delete nibsicle and warsongheals. I keep Kdrew fpr when im bored. But not to be an active pvper anymore.

Lockttar

#9 » Post by Lockttar » 11 May 2015 10:22

I wrote quite a bit of response to all this but than I tought "screw that lets make it short".

Let me put it this way.

Your father builds a house for his family. Times goes on, father dies, what do you do?
Do you crush what he built down to foundations or working on it and improve it, stick there and make it look like a happy place and not a graveyard? You sure your father would like to see his house destroyed rather than filled with people ;) ?
Translate this to this case and get my point.

Once again I ask if GMs if they can promote Amazonian to guildmaster of Warsong Clan. That was the point of post anyway... if it can be done, would be nice to prevent such guild from becoming just a memory.

steal887

#10 » Post by steal887 » 11 May 2015 10:32

They dont pass lead. Me and bahaal tried it before. But sheena must be off for atleast 1year. Otherwize they dont help. Gl

Lockttar

#11 » Post by Lockttar » 11 May 2015 11:54

I can understand that. But after reading about her death and the quote I pasted here, I'm sure something can be done about it.

She didn't make that guild to be leader. That's just... amazing.
After talking Amazonian into it, we are gonna work to make her goal happen (again).

Ofc... if GMs will allow us.

Nyeriah

#12 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 May 2015 21:33

It was requested before for this guild and it was denied as guild ownership is untransferable. I don't know what the other staff members will think of it now after the recent turn of events.

Lockttar

#13 » Post by Lockttar » 11 May 2015 22:18

Nyeriah wrote:It was requested before for this guild and it was denied as guild ownership is untransferable. I don't know what the other staff members will think of it now after the recent turn of events.
If it was leadership transfer to someone like me, than i'd understand if you guys don't accept it.
Have in mind I'm posting this mostly because others aren't that much into forum stuff.

Leadership goes to well known veteran of bracket on horde side and Sheena's close ingame friend.
Keep that in mind when making your decision. And ofc... read the quotes in opening post pls.

ShinDarth
Donor

#14 » Post by ShinDarth » 12 May 2015 00:31

If she were here, she would love it. She would want to see her guid strong just like when she was alive. That's enough to accept this request, in my opinion.
Former GamingConsortium developer

Creator of PvPstats

Former 70-79 Twink player - M/Nadrine (Destruction Warlock)

SyntaxError
Former Staff

#15 » Post by SyntaxError » 12 May 2015 01:32

Personally I think making presumptions in this way is what some people would call "getting too far ahead of yourself". Firstly, it's not that hard to form a new guild with a similar name (Warsong Legacy has a nice ring to it, back up your apparent desire to create one for Sheena) and then it still hasn't been confirmed whether or not it's Sheena being referred to in that one thread.

The poster never came back to verify, and nobody else had any solid reasoning to back it up. So while it may seem cruel/cold, I think leave the guild as it is, who knows, maybe she's still out there, if not, the dead don't care. Honouring a memory can be done via other ways than usurping leadership of something as immaterial as a guild. Besides you can't claim to know what her desires were, if "she would have wanted it" she could have passed the leadership to someone before going inactive.

So as someone mentioned before, just wait for the allotted time to pass, if the issue is that close to your heart you can prove it by remembering to ask again then.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!