Tips for new and veteran guild masters Part 1

Step in and share ideas and experiences on in-guild and inter-guild relationships.
Futuristics

Tips for new and veteran guild masters Part 1

#1 » Post by Futuristics » 06 Oct 2013 13:27

Greetings TrueWoW community!

I have been on this server less than one week and have enjoyed it more than my previous private server, enough to leave it behind forever and start my new home here! It seems to me the general population of this server are good people so I wanted to take the time to share with you , what I percieve as good practice to strating , and maintaining your guild with an emphasis on morale and structural integrity of your guilds.

I may, or may not state obvious things but I feel a more detailed post of this topic should be on the boards for all to reference if they need clarity or guidance. This post is a general rule set to what I think is a good structure for guilds. I am not here to ramble about what I do or did this is simply a guide for reference and suggestions.

But who am I?

I have ran close to a dozen guilds over the last 6 to 7 years on my game time with WoW. 6 full years on retail and coming up 2 years on private servers. 4 of thses guilds were highly successful raiding guilds whilst the rest , moderatly successful. As a guild master I took the time to prioritize the people and concentrate more on thier needs. I did this by partitioning responsibilites amongst the dedicated and highly willing officers. Each with thier own "jurisdiction" of the guild. Typically 3 to 4 officers had "administrative" rights.

Guildmaster - General morale , raid schedule / leading , weekly events , strong player precense , general overseer of all duties and responsibilities.

Officer 1 , Raid Captain - Typically this position ONLY concentrated on one aspect and that ofcourse is the raiding. This person set up and managed multiple raid groups while also leading thier own. "Sub captains" were appointed if more than 3 raid teams had been formed.

Officer 2, Bank Manager - This position worked very closely with the guild master for weekly events as typically gold or extremely useful items were handed out as prizes. The bank manager should keep an inventory on tabs , and logs. Who put in what? in took out what ? In most cases guildmasters take on the responsibility of this role and I highly recommend an officer or someone else handles it as thier primary job. Its too stressful and painstaking in high population guilds to closely handle this as well as other high-end guild duties.

Officer 3, Event Coordinater / Assistant - As I mentioned my guild structure had weekly events and monthly events in which prizes could be won. This person set up and helped managed these activities.

Officer 4, General support - In most cases this role took on the responsibility of solving inter guild disputes and general , guild rule enforcement. If an argument took place , This individual had the skills to solve the dispute peacefully, and patch up the holes.

Again the above stated is recommendations and how I did things. This way was so simple. My officers were good at what they did and we could all focus on one factor and really specialize in it. Too much do I see guild masters taking on ALL of the responsibilites and too much have it seen it collapse guilds as a result. My very first server on retail , of the 5 top guilds caved in and merged. This created a unique situation in which I was the only one who capitalized on it. 3 top guilds split up almost at one time and in the same week! I was homeless with litterally , hundreds of other people and I formed the first official guild "Virus".

In just 72 hours our population spiked to over 250 people and within 2 weeks we had completed the construction of the guild. 4 officers were spearheading raids. I was exclusivly working on guild activities such as lotteries and scavenger hunts. 2 managed the bank. It was like cheesy 1980's musical montage of hard work getting done in minuetes. It was truely a great time and all on world of warcraft.

If you are reading this far I thank you so much and depending on how this is received by the community I will continue to post more. Also I came here to start a guild all over again! I am taking my sweet time to get to level 80 but when I get there , you better believe this post will come to life , but on the TrueWoW server! I named my guild Virus , because its spreads like wildfire once set in motion!

Character name: Futuristics

( If this is well taken by you guys and gals I will post details on what kind of guild activities you should practice ! You might be shocked when you read something you never thought of! and ofcourse adhereing to server rules is a priority too! thanks!)

Futuristics

Re: Tips for new and veteran guild masters Part 1

#2 » Post by Futuristics » 06 Oct 2013 13:52

I forgot to mention im really looking for feedback on some more "how to" guild guides. I have 7 years of doing this stuff im willing to share! and I want to share! so let me know if these are even useful or not please! Also im open to any and ALL suggestions / feedback!

thanks, ^.^

Futuristics