Kelor: Behind the Blade

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Kelor

Kelor: Behind the Blade

#1 » Post by Kelor » 29 Jan 2013 16:19

I wrote my character a backstory a while ago, and I thought I'd post it here
Note that this is all written in character
Here we go:

Greetings, dear reader. I suggest you get comfortable, we may be here a while. Forgive me, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kelor, you may or may not have heard of me. Either way, this should entertain you.
I am here to tell you the story of how I got to where I am, so listen closely.
My tale starts out a little dull and boring, but that's what it was like when I was alive. That's right, I'm dead, but if you've heard of me you already know that.
Now I bet you're thinking, am I writing this from beyond the grave? Of course not, that's complete nonsense. No, I am not writing this from my grave, well I technically am since I'm sitting next to it. The thing is that I am Undead, a risen corpse. But enough of this rabble, let's get started on the story, shall we?
As I mentioned previously, the story of my life is quite boring and I almost feel bad for telling it to you.
I was born and raised on a farm in Silverpine, a farm whose name was forgotten long ago,
and the farm itself is now nothing but rubble.
I lived there with my parents, my older brother and my younger sister, life wasn't very exciting. My Undeath has devoured their names. Although, I still remember my last name, or rather, what my last name was. Kelor Knightly, Priest of Stormwind. But we're not to that part yet.
My mother and father worked the farm day in and day out to feed my siblings and me.
I will forever remember the day my brother left to join the Stormwind guard, he needed the money. I had never been to Stormwind before and I really wanted to see the great city to the South. I begged my parents to let me go with my brother and they eventually gave in, on the condition that my brother would take extra well care of me on our way to Stormwind.
When we got there we would stay with some relatives.
Now, this was the first step to my glory. When we reached Stormwind my brother dropped me off at our aunt's house which was where we were staying. He then left for the barracks, to begin his training as a Warrior.
My aunt showed me around the city and explained to me what was what and who was who, I quite enjoyed it. Everything was so marvelous and interesting, until she showed me the Stormwind Cathedral. As we walked inside this massive building which I was so stunned by, I noticed one of Stormwind's Priests tending to an injured soldier who bore a wound that was simply a death sentence.
Then a flash of blinding light appeared, and the soldier's wound was gone, healed by the Priest whose name I later found out to be Folgar Darkbane. I asked him if he could teach me the way of the Priest, and much to my suprise, he said yes.
My aunt of course was against this because becoming a Priest takes years of dedicated training and she wasn't sure how my family would react.
That didn't stop me in making my decision. For many years I lived and studied at the Cathedral under master Folgar. My family had accepted the fact that I was going to be a Priest and had let me train as one without an arguement. It wasn't easy but after years of restless training I was finally a Priest of the Holy Light.
Around that time there had been recent rumours of a disease said to raise the dead into hostil wretches, some called it the Plague of Undeath.
Some time after that we got a report that Loarderon had fallen and all able bodied soldiers and healers were called to battle the Undead forces they called "The Scourge", that included me.
With haste we made our way North to Loarderon. If the kingdom had fallen my family would surely be in danger, if they still lived that was, I shrugged at the thought.
If memory serves, we entered the area now known as the Plaguelands through the Alterac Mountains. We strategally followed the river into the Western Plaguelands. Our target was Stratholme, one of the cities of men, now destroyed, ruined, tainted by Prince Arthas' wreckless actions, we were to arrive as re-enforcements... But we never got that far.
Our group was ambushed not far from a little town called Darrowshire. My first encounter with the dreaded Scourge, they were revolting.
Jaws hanging, saliva dripping from their mouths, bones showing and their rotten flesh reeked of death. Risen corpses, whose final rest had been disturbed to serve another, I felt like I was gonna throw up.
We fought the wretches' suprise attack but we were outnumbered. I kept my group alive by healing their wounds as fast as they recieved them, until I was torn apart by a ghoul that apparently had some brains left.
I witnessed my group die as I lay there, helpless against the mold, my back clawed asunder. The last thing I saw before I died was that a single soldier managed to get out alive. I guess that Private Westeye's past as a thief had saved him from sudden death, he would bring back the news of our deaths.
Then, I stopped drawing breath, but my rest didn't last for long. The Scourge's necromancers began raising us, one by one and soon we all heeded the call of a voice in our heads who was non other than the Lich King himself.
The Holy Light abandoned me and I was left with only control over the powers of Shadow, I had become a Warlock and a servant of The Lich King.

This is where the story of my life ends and my decent into undeath begins. But I would rather not discuss the atrocities I committed while under the Lich King's control.
My will was not my own but I still bore conceousness, I witnessed every second of my being while under the King of the Dead and every second of it, I suffered.
Then came the day that many of us were freed. The Lich King's grasp weakened and our will was once again our own. I was one of the many who drove out the Dreadlords. We slew Balnazzar and Dethoroc, Varimarthras submitting his service to the Banshee Queen.
The Undercity was formed in the sewers of Loarderon's fallen capital city and Lady Sylvanas deemed us "The Forsaken", because that is what we are.
You might think that the story ends here but in truth, it has only just begun.

I harvested my dark Warlock powers, enslaved a couple of demons and ventured forth in service of the Dark Lady.
An Imp, a Voidwalker, a Succubus and a Felhunter served me as my minions, whether they liked it or not.
I travelled all over Azeroth, aiding my allies and slaying my foes. I travelled from zone to zone, and along the way I met two Tauren Hunters who tought me much about the world around me. Their names were Raavi and Zir Leopard, I'll never forget them.
All was good until I reached the Thousand Needles. I was on a Quest to infiltrate the Grimtotem base, and had willingly gotten myself captured, but my plan backfired.
As I sat there, caged inside enemy territory, I quickly summoned my Succubus and had her seduce the guard to open the gate. Another Grimtotem must've seen me do it because when I exited the tent they had been keeping me in there was an army of angry Tauren waiting for me outside.
I knew I would regret what I was about to do...
With great haste I summoned them all, the Imp, the Voidwalker and the Felhunter, and watched as they tore the Grimtotem to shreds.
But in the end, I couldn't hold it, I could not control four demons at once. I fell to my knees.
If I had so much as tried to cast a spell to defeat them, it would've drained the rest of my life energy and killed me.
That was when I saw something on the ground next to me, a fallen Grimtotem's rusty axe.
I quickly picked up the damaged blade and with the little strength I had left I sliced through my traitorous minions, banishing them back to the Twisting Nether.

It must've been quite a strange sight to see a great, confident Warlock return in his tattered robes with a giant rusty axe on his back.
That was the day I gave up my dark Warlock powers and became a Warrior. Kelor, Warborn.

I studied Blacksmithing and crafted myself some armor and weapons to go with my newfound path.
I met many good friends and companions on my journey, such as Klicky, the Blood Elf Death Knight whom I met in good old Ganklethorn Vale, Ribbaz, the twink Shaman who later gave up on twinking and joined the rest of us in our endless raiding and Alliance killing.
I have met three Alliance members whom I did not kill on sight. The first was Gw, a Gnome Warlock and the second one's name was Never, a Priest, and the third one... I'm not sure if I can count him as an Alliance member.
He goes by many names, but I will refer to him as Ghosty.
He was never quite sure of his true calling, and I don't think he has found it yet to this day, but the thing is that he can adapt to any class he cares for, and be damn good at it!

Then there are the Hordies, so many names... Bigfella, Elgoog, Vixie aka Satori, GreenVirus, Klicky, Ubal, Universe, Ribbaz, Rhapsody, Felknight, Atlus and many more, I just don't want to keep you here forever.
But the names that are of the most importance to me are, Diablos, Ghosty and Epicdps. The three of us had many, many great and awesome adventures.
The latest one (at the time of writing this) in that book being when they helped me earn the mighty weapon Shadow's Revenge, named after our Guild, Revenge.

And that, is pretty much the story of how I became a badass. Not to brag, of course.

Signing out,
~Kelor Knightly

The Fresh Prince of TrueWoW

I don't care if you got the best gear in the game
Don't you want rewards from The Burning Crusade?
LEARN TO PLAY!

Kelor Level 80 Undead Warrior (Retired)
Kelly Level 80 Blood Elf Rogue
Frieza Level ?? Galactic Overlord
Quarashi Leveling Blood Elf Palydan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ-139teZQw

Best Quote Evar:
Seneschalla wrote:Kelor! XD You're still the syrup to my waffles. Always have been, always will be :P

Darchrow
Donor

Re: Kelor: Behind the Blade

#2 » Post by Darchrow » 29 Jan 2013 17:14

Kelor wrote: I travelled from zone to zone, and along the way I met two Tauren Hunters who tought me much about the world around me. Their names were Raavi and Zir Leopard, I'll never forget them.
i was just wondering if you're referring to Zir, the hunter ( from TW ) or just random name for this one

Kelor wrote:
I harvested my dark Warlock powers, enslaved a couple of demons and ventured forth in service of the Dark Lady.
An Imp, a Voidwalker, a Succubus and a Felhunter served me as my minions, whether they liked it or not.
Kelor wrote: I quickly picked up the damaged blade and with the little strength I had left I sliced through my traitorous minions, banishing them back to the Twisting Nether.
you call them traitorous, but actually, you were controlling them whether they like it or not, and they act is not so very different than yours with the Lich King

just wondering, how much time did it take you to write it, correct and perfect it?

other than that, i really enjoyed reading this, it's nicely written. good job :D
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Kelor

#3 » Post by Kelor » 29 Jan 2013 18:17

I wouldn't call it 'perfect'
It took me a few days, on and off
And I'm referring to a different Zir, from a different server
The Fresh Prince of TrueWoW

I don't care if you got the best gear in the game
Don't you want rewards from The Burning Crusade?
LEARN TO PLAY!

Kelor Level 80 Undead Warrior (Retired)
Kelly Level 80 Blood Elf Rogue
Frieza Level ?? Galactic Overlord
Quarashi Leveling Blood Elf Palydan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ-139teZQw

Best Quote Evar:
Seneschalla wrote:Kelor! XD You're still the syrup to my waffles. Always have been, always will be :P

Darchrow
Donor

#4 » Post by Darchrow » 29 Jan 2013 18:24

well ofc it's not perfect, but it's still pretty damn good :D
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily