Roleplaying Group

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Shaeligator

Roleplaying Group

#1 » Post by Shaeligator » 28 Jan 2013 16:42

So I've heard some people asking around about Roleplaying guilds and whatnot, and I've noticed the server somewhat lacks any Roleplaying events/guilds/characters. I've decided to put together a small but dedicated group for those who enjoy Roleplaying. Details are as follow;

Faction: Alliance,
This is for the sole reason that I don't want to wreck the order of my character list.
:lol:

Race: Any

Time: Saturday, weekly. Time to be decided by majority vote of the group. (Between 1:00 - 3:30PM ST)
There will be a half hour period between the time we log our characters and the time we start questing. This half hour gives the players a little bit of time to log their characters. In this half hour, characters will sit down (at an inn or something of the sort) and get to know each others characters.

Start Zone: Northshire Abbey,
The group will progress along the Human quest line and continue on to wherever that takes us.

Characters:
Class diversity is a big deal, this is why I've limited the amount of spots and classes in the group. There may only be one of each class, so get in quick. Of course, some classes are not 100% apt for specific races, (such as a Dwarf Rogue). While the Dwarven Racials are suited for a Rogue, it is not in their lore to be Rogues, at least not without a pretty damn good story behind it. Some classes may also conflict with other classes, such as Warlocks and Paladins. These conflicts will definitely need to be addressed in-game.

Guide: http://www.wowwiki.com/Roleplaying

Availabilities

Mage
Main: Myaoming
Name: Kasey Emberstorm
Race: Human

Hunter
Main: Lestata
Name: Telil Moonshadow
Race: Night Elf

Priest
Main: Jamie
Name: Paige Goldsmith

Warrior
Main: Shae
Name: Maddison Everdream

Paladin
Main: Kelor
Name: Kailot Callahan

Rogue
Warlock
Main: Leijon
Name Carcinius Galian

Druid
Main: Xtopher
Name: Kaldrassil Silversong
Race: Night Elf

Shaman
Death Knight
Death Knight's may only be played by a Plate class that has leveled to 55. Your character will need to build a major Roleplaying event around this, for your character to be transferred into a Death Knight. Your name must remain the same, and your previous character deleted.

Rules
  • 1) Channels.
    You must Roleplay at all times on your Roleplaying character, this means you cannot use /world, /guild, /party or anything that allows you to speak with other players in a non-realistic way, e.g. you can't whisper to somebody in another continent and expect them to hear you. Whispering should only be used when in range of someone that will hear you. Whispers from another player that isn't within your range should be ignored.

2) Walking.
    Realistically, it's weird for somebody to run around everywhere like you see in-game. So you'll be doing a lot of walking. In fact, 95% of your travelling on foot will be walking.

3) Groups.
    Whilst talking in party and raid is forbidden, grouping is fine. This is because it would be hard to level otherwise.

4) Movement.
    Your movement should be as smooth and realistic as possible. This means no walking through other people. This isn't always achievable, so roleplayers should react accordingly, as if someone ran straight into you. How rude!

5) Consistency.
    You'll need to be consistent with your character and the relationships they form. If you get into a fight with another roleplayer, make sure you don't /hug them 15 minutes later!

6) Communication.
    To communicate effectively, we ask that you have a decent understanding of the English language. If you don't know how to use exclamation marks, question marks or commas, you'll probably get exiled from the group. :c

7) Know your lore! L2RP.
    You should have a pretty good understanding of your race's lore to be able to roleplay well. Additionally, you shouldn't roll a Mage and pick up Mining as a Profession. It just doesn't look right. This goes for speech as well, you wouldn't catch a Warlock saying "By the Light!".

8) Emotes.
    Make use of the /e feature! It will give your character a less generic feel. You need to use perfect grammar whilst doing so, it should look exactly like a Blizzard emote.

9) Quests.
    You're going to have to read all (or most) of the quests to immerse yourself more in what you're doing. It isn't necessary to read the quests, however you may have trouble understanding some things the rest of the group is talking about.

10) Languages.
    Different races speak differently, if you are unfamiliar with your race's native language (e.g. Darnassian) you can learn about it from the link above. Elves should learn SOME Darnassian phrases and utilize these in-game. For example, instead of saying "Goodbye!" you could say "Ande'thoras-ethil."

11) Realism.
    Be realistic! In real life, we don't have UI's, Crit Ratings or Levels. You can address a player's level-up with something like "Wow, you're getting good at this!" or "Sheesh, you're making the rest of us look bad!"

12) Gear and Heirlooms.
    Heirlooms are not permitted in the group. The group is not focused on leveling, so there is no need to increase the characters experience gain with unrealistic items. You will have a one and half level experience boost at the start of each week. However, gear can be used with a little bit of tolerance. You do not have to stick with plate gear if you're a plate class, nor do you have to use Protection Warrior gear and a Protection Warrior. Feel free to use whatever gear looks good. The group may notice this and comment, but they may not comment on anything that they are unable to observe as their character (e.g. stats).

This group is for dedicated roleplayers, you will need to be reliable and contactable via Skype (preferably) and the forums. This group will be left open until all slots are filled, however, if you wish to join the group later on, you must be of matching level and find a way to fit yourself into the group (running up to us and asking to join is not what I mean). If you're up to joining the group, flick me a PM with your character name (first and last), your main character, your chosen race and class, your gender and a short backstory as to why your character decided to become an adventurer. You will be questioned by the rest of group upon introduction about your character's history, so make sure you've got yourself figured out. Updates for the group will be posted in the comments section of this topic for you to read once you've been accepted, this will include what your character will can and can't do as well as the main stories you will need to make up for your character. As stated earlier, the times will need to be voted on by members of the group depending on what time is most suitable, make sure you are able to log between the stated times before sending me a PM. The event will go for a minimum of one hour, you do not need to stay this long but keep in mind if the group outlevels you, you will be exiled and left on your own until you catch up, quests will not be repeated.

I wish you all the best and hope to get a bunch of messages from keen roleplayers! ^.^
If you have any further questions feel free to post them below! :3

~ Shae
Last edited by Guest on 04 Feb 2013 08:20, edited 10 times in total.

Ragnorak
Donor

Re: Roleplaying Group

#2 » Post by Ragnorak » 28 Jan 2013 16:47

put me down under human rogue for now, i'll get the other details later...
i'll be more dedicated to this once my Second Siege of New Orgrimmar ends in about a week.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Etro
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Etro » 29 Jan 2013 22:41

I've never done this, but i'm open to new experiences :D

Just one question (2 questions); you said that the starter area would be Northshire Abey, and that the grouo is going to follow the human quest line. Now, you asked for some sort of "realism" and lore consistency, so now here is my question: What would a night elf, known for minding their own business, believing in the goddess Elune, be doing in Elwynn forest, in an human abey? What would make it go there to start its journey? And specially with "minding their own business", what would a night elf be doing with human quests? All of that is against the lore.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Lestata of Kraljevo

#4 » Post by Lestata of Kraljevo » 29 Jan 2013 22:48

^ use your imagination...
Just add some wierd twist to your story, it's RPG you can do anything you want.
[hide]Lestata
Lestatah

Skyless
Dana
Fenrira
Jabberwocky
Shnenokla
Devon[/hide]

Shaeligator

#5 » Post by Shaeligator » 30 Jan 2013 07:44

Etro wrote:I've never done this, but i'm open to new experiences :D

Just one question (2 questions); you said that the starter area would be Northshire Abey, and that the grouo is going to follow the human quest line. Now, you asked for some sort of "realism" and lore consistency, so now here is my question: What would a night elf, known for minding their own business, believing in the goddess Elune, be doing in Elwynn forest, in an human abey? What would make it go there to start its journey? And specially with "minding their own business", what would a night elf be doing with human quests? All of that is against the lore.
There's a bunch of reasons why a Night Elf would be off in another place. Perhaps they'd heard that Stormwind was in need of aid given the fact the Stormwind Army is off fighting against the Horde, maybe they were travelling a completely different place for a completely different reason and happened to end up aiding the Humans. Like Lestata said, it's all about being imaginative :3

Plus it wouldn't really be a very fun group if everyone went off and did their own race's quest line. We'd all be spit up, and seeing as Stormwind and the Humans are possibly the most influential Alliance race, we'd be best off starting there. I've also chosen to be a Human and don't want to go to any other starting zone :lol:

Human quest line is fun :D

Nyaneve

#6 » Post by Nyaneve » 30 Jan 2013 13:46

Well, I've never levelled a human in my 3 years of playing WoW.
Its a shame that the timings for the sessions don't suit me, I haven't RPed in a while now....

xtopher

#7 » Post by xtopher » 31 Jan 2013 06:14

Etro wrote:I've never done this, but i'm open to new experiences :D

While it's true the kaldorei are known for being independent and minding their own business, it wouldn't be far-fetched for one to be in a foreign land (there's even a district in Stormwind where a number of night elves take refuge). A night elf scholar might be looking to expand his knowledge, and so perhaps he could be in the Eastern Kingdoms to study new plants and animals for example. Or they might even be traveling purely out of leisure, since I'm sure it could get dull living in the same place for hundreds of years. As Lestata said, it's up to the imagination. Also, night elves are compassionate by nature, and so it wouldn't be strange for them to assist humans.
Shaeligator wrote:...some classes are not 100% apt for specific races, (such as a Dwarf Rogue). While the Dwarven Racials are suited for a Rogue, it is not in their lore to be Rogues, at least not without a pretty damn good story behind it.
So, while dwarves are an honorable race, that doesn't mean that dwarven society is completely free of criminals. Therefore, a dwarf rogue isn't unheard of. Much like how it's not unheard of for a night elf to travel to faraway lands, even though it might not be typical of their behavior. So your character can be a bit different from other members of their race and still be consistent with existing lore. I think Shae is just asking that any participants have a fairly decent understanding of their race's culture, and that they act accordingly if they choose a class that might not be best suited to their race. So a dwarf rogue, for example, would likely be an outcast to some extent, and therefore hesitant to trust other dwarves (or other people in general for that matter).

Shaeligator

#8 » Post by Shaeligator » 31 Jan 2013 07:08

Dat Xtopher knows what's up. :3

Anywho, if the people that I've written on the list with missing info could get that info to me before 6AM Server Time then we'll be able to set off this weekend. If not, we'll have to wait until next week which would suck. This includes your character's personal story, PM any missing info you have to me when you can and with any luck we'll be able to start off soon :) I know some of you have really great stories for your character's, I myself will post mine here once I've written it all out. You may feel free to do the same! :D

Shaeligator

#9 » Post by Shaeligator » 01 Feb 2013 10:23

The Chronicle of Maddison Everdream

My name is Maddison Everdream,
My family and I were once proud citizens of Lordaeron. Once...
We lived in a small town called Brill, on the outskirts of the city walls. My mother and I worked on the farm mostly, it was my job to look after the horses. Grooming them, feeding them and making sure they were ready for the soldiers to take out. I remember when I was still little, I used to worry so much about the soldiers not bringing them home, but they always did. My father was a Captain in the army, I didn't get to see him much, but he'd always bring me home something interesting from his adventures. I was quite an adventurous and curious young girl, I'd spend hours out exploring the forests and fighting the trees with makeshift swords. I used to pretend I was fighting the Orcs alongside my father. We made an exceptional team.

One day I was out on one of my adventures when I suddenly felt cold. It wasn't like the cold of a winter's day, this cold was different. After making my way back to the farm, I expected to see my mother working hard in the feilds, instead I was met with an eerie silence, even the wind wasn't right. It was then that I smelt something. Something terrible, like the time a wild Worg attacked my pet rabbit. It was the smell of death. Of course, I didn't know this at the time. All I remember is running toward the house screaming out for my mother. I'll never forget what I found when I ran through the door of our home. It was horrible. There, standing in my kitchen, hunched over the disembodied corpse of my mother was what looked like a Dwarf, only a Dwarf that had been buried and dug up several months later. I was shocked, so shocked I couldn't move, we stood there for what felt like an eternity just looking at each other, until I finally worked up enough courage to move. I slammed the door in it's face as it ran toward me, flesh straggling along the floor and falling off in clumps behind it. I ran as fast as I could toward the city and didn't look behind me until I'd reached the walls.

The first thing I saw was Prince Arthas striding toward me. He looked different than he had when he'd left, of course I didn't care about this after what I'd just experienced. I ran toward him screaming what I'd just seen, but when I reached him, he simply thew me to the ground and continued walking. Heartbroken, I started to cry. I cried harder than I had ever cried before in my life. However, my agony was replaced with pure terror when I heard the almost rhythmic drumming an impending army, an army of the dead. Before I could move I was picked up by a man in a hood, the man whispered soothing words to me like, "There, there, calm down" and "You're going to fine". He was incredibly calm for the circumstances. The strange man led me down underneath the city and into the sewers, which we followed and eventually walked out of a cave entrance to the North of the city. He explained to me that Arthas had killed his father and taken up Frostmourne, a legendary and cursed sword that would taint it's wielder with the foulest magic known to mankind. He told me he was an adventurer, and that his name was Arahmir. Although he never removed his hood, and I could never clearly see the man's face.

Arahmir and I escaped by taking one of my horses from the stables. All the others were dead, except my favourite, Arevass, named after one of the rivers in Silverpine, because he ran as swiftly as the water there flowed. Arahmir took me to the great city of Stormwind, where I took refuge in the Cathedral of Light until I had recovered from the shock of the attack. After he had made sure I was going to be fine, Arahmir left, to this day I haven't seen or heard from him. I never got to thank the man that saved my life.

The next few years were somewhat bleak. I was taken in by the orphanage and raised by Matron Nightingale and a friendly lady named Shellene. I never really associated with the other children as much, I preferred to walk around the canals and dip my feet in the Moonwell as opposed to playing tag and visiting the Valley of Honour. Not once had I heard anything about my father. He was away when the city was attacked, I always dream that one day I will walk around the corner and see him standing there, in his shining armour. But in the back of mind, I know he must have been killed on some foreign battlefield, fighting to protect his homeland...

As I grew older I started taking Arevass out into Elwynn, but would rarely go beyond its borders. Time went on and I grew tiresome of being confined to the city walls and the borders of Elwynn, I decided to pack my things, and take Arevass back home, to Lordaeron. I traveled for days, resting only when I could no longer keep myself upright and rarely stopping to eat. Finally, I reached the city walls. The smell of death still lingered faintly in the air. I tied Arevass to a nearby tree and drew a dagger I had stolen from the armoury. As I slowly inched my way through the gates, my leg caught on something, and I fell. I looked down and saw the bones of what looked like a high ranking soldier of the the Lordaeron Army. It didn't hit me at first, I simply stood up and dusted myself off. Only when I inspected the remains closely I realized the armour bore the same insignia my father's had. Fearing the worst, I peeled off the breast plate to reveal an engraving on the inside, 'S.E.'. Samuel Everdream, my father.

After the invasion, the Lordaeron forces were called back to defend what was left of their city, a small company was charged with infiltrating the city and eliminating any of the Scourge that remained inside. It was my father who led this company. Although, his armour did not seem to have any unusual markings, as I had expected from a Scourge attack. Instead, there was simply a dagger lodged firmly in his spine. At once I knew that my father had led his company into a Forsaken ambush. However, I did not feel sad. Nor did I cry. I simply sheathed my dagger, placed a light kiss upon my father's helm and rode swiftly back to Stormwind. This time without sleep.

Upon my arrival, I sought salvation in the Church, although found nothing. With nowhere else to go, I marched swiftly to the Valley of Honour. Arevass was gone, I had forgotten to stable him properly outside the gates, and he had subsequently gone on an adventure of his own. Arevass was always a curious horse, much like myself. Perhaps that's why I liked him so much. With my only friend gone, no hope for my father's return and no purpose. I simply started walking. I had nowhere to go, only to wherever my feet took me. It was not long before I stumbled across a small Abbey, an Abbey I had never even realized existed. As I entered the gates, a sudden tranquility fell over me. I suddenly felt calm and happy. Once inside, I found myself quickly acquainted with one Llane Beshere, in the Hall of Arms. I have no idea why, but I instantly trusted this man. I told him everything I had been through and he listened to every word I had to say intently. After I had finished, he suggested I take a look at a book named 'A Final Stand'. After studying its pages, I knew what I had to do. I sought out Llane once more and began my training as a Warrior. I would defend my home and my Kingdom as my father once had, I would cut down the Scourge and show no mercy for the Forsaken scum that killed my father in cold blood. It is now my time to strike back at the heart of my enemy, no matter what the cost, I swear I will avenge my family. Even if it kills me.

So there's my not so little story for my character, I encourage the rest of the group to post their stories here too, I know I've heard some pretty fantastic ones! ^.^
Last edited by Guest on 01 Feb 2013 15:54, edited 1 time in total.

Wilcox

#10 » Post by Wilcox » 01 Feb 2013 11:58

I'd love to join.

Lestata of Kraljevo

#11 » Post by Lestata of Kraljevo » 01 Feb 2013 15:53

One more "notsoshort" story.

Moonshadow family is a part of the long blood line that belongs to Kal’dorei people, to be exact, Elves to whom other folk refer as “Children of the Moon”.

Like other Night Elves, Moonshadow family is know as one of the most spiritual and nature loving, still they are a bit weird even for the Elvish kind, they lay their faith on the stars a bit too much, they blindly trust them even if they are fully aware that stars are deceiving. Along with all Night Elves they worship Elune, a goddess to whom they offer different mixtures of herbs and treasures in exchange for blessings and guidance.

On the last day of the Big Star’s journey, twenty two years ago, the Moonshadow family was blessed with a new member, a little girl who’s eyes shine bright as the light of the Northern star. When she was just a few days old her parents noticed that she was not like other from her family. She was a free spirit, crawling her way out of their loving home when ever she got a chance just so she could look at the stars. She could not sleep in a closed room, she was a child that needed to be under the sky at all times. And even though they planed to give her a name passed by generations through their family, they decided to bless her with a name that no one had, a name wind whispered the day she was born - Telil.

She grew up worshiping Elune and nature, though she worshiped nature more than the goddess. Yet unlike other Elves she never needed to learn to read the will of the stars she was born with that gift. As a child she loved exploring around the borders of her birth place, dreaming about places she read about in books and maps found in the library. Other Elves forbade their children from spending time with her, because Elves are a kind of people who don’t ask questions about things they do not know, they live in peace with nature and don’t like to tempt faith.
So left only to her self, without friends in a world of adults who didn't know how to answer her questions, she found company of animals and stars soothing. They were kind and protective to her as she was of them, and after a while she grew to understand animals better than her own kin. She dreamt of wilderness and cities that lay behind the borders of her birth place.

When the Big Star completed the twenty second journey from the day Talil was born she decided to ask Elune to bless her with strength to follow the dreams that even stars told her to follow, and she said goodbyes to her parents and left the borders of the only place she knew.

She did not know where the path will lead her, but she knew where she wanted to go; to the City of Kings in which the Humans live. A city of great beauty and amazing history. A city far away.
[hide]Lestata
Lestatah

Skyless
Dana
Fenrira
Jabberwocky
Shnenokla
Devon[/hide]

Etro
Honorary Member

#12 » Post by Etro » 01 Feb 2013 16:57

A 22 years old night elf is way too young. They reach maturity past 300+ years old.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Ragnorak
Donor

#13 » Post by Ragnorak » 01 Feb 2013 19:21

Just a heads up, i will have to pass on the first meeting as the siege is still going on.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Kelor

#14 » Post by Kelor » 01 Feb 2013 19:39

Oh, roleplay, I love you so
I'm in
Shae, I'll PM you my info as soon as I'm done
The Fresh Prince of TrueWoW

I don't care if you got the best gear in the game
Don't you want rewards from The Burning Crusade?
LEARN TO PLAY!

Kelor Level 80 Undead Warrior (Retired)
Kelly Level 80 Blood Elf Rogue
Frieza Level ?? Galactic Overlord
Quarashi Leveling Blood Elf Palydan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ-139teZQw

Best Quote Evar:
Seneschalla wrote:Kelor! XD You're still the syrup to my waffles. Always have been, always will be :P

Shaeligator

#15 » Post by Shaeligator » 02 Feb 2013 04:33

Okie dokie, only spot left we've got is le Shambam.

It looks like we'll be able to start tonight if everyone is ready, I guess we'll start at 1:00 - 1:30PM Server Time, since that's an hour after I get home from work. So make sure you're all down at Northshire by then!

Important thing to remember, you don't know any of the other characters. Excluding the Warlock and Paladin who already had a relationship before they came to the Abbey. You'll have to establish relationships with the other characters depending on what your character's personality is like, so if your character is shy or timid, you're not going to run over to people screaming "LET'S BE FRIENDS!" but I'm sure you're all aware of that xD

Rag isn't going to be able to join us as he's laying waste to our beloved city of Stormwind again xD
So he'll have to catch up and work his way in, which shouldn't be too hard for a Rogue. Anyways, only other missing person might be Myaoming, I still need to catch up with him. For those of you with Skype, I'll make a Skype group so we can communicate with eachother without having to post on the forums all the time, as well as being able to talk out of character, because some things can't always be roleplayed, like asking where to put talent points. PM me your Skype names if you have them and yeah! Good luck! :3 See you all at 1:00PM Server Time!

Post here if you aren't able to make it, or will be late. Thank youuu! :D