Andre Godsond - The Crypt

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Minime

Andre Godsond - The Crypt

#1 » Post by Minime » 30 Apr 2012 23:04

"Curse you monster!"
Shouted Andre, his both hands chained with rusty chains, fixed behind him on the solid stone wall. It was a dark room, only a small brazier in the corner to see where it ends and the old, dusty lantern in the hands of a strange, skinny and old man.
"What will you do? The chains will hold you, long enough until your wretched love will be MINE!"
Answered the old man with the lantern in the hand. Always waving from one side to the other. The grey beard visible, other was dark as the room.

"Leaver her alone, or I swear by the grave of my mother, I'll tear this place apart and g-"
"Do what? Not to forget, it was people like YOU, who took the life of my beloved Emilia!"
".. I don't care who that is, neither do I feel any pity, release her, now!"
The conversation continued so long, as suddenly, a sound of rattling chains was heard. The room was instantly filled with a stench, as if a rotten corpse had been bathed in fish, old cheese and the person was a drunkard in his life. With a deep and mighty voice it answered.
"M-master, your.. prey.. is ready."

The man with the lantern smiled faintly, visible by the beards movement, as he turned around. The lantern only visible as it moved through the room, and then vanished.
"Damn this, how did this only happen.. argh!"
Andre pulls the chains with both his arms, useless. He then turns his head at the brazier, staring at it...

___________________________________ What happened before..
Andre threw over the back of his horse, called Killian, his rolled together and tied with a few leather stripes sleeping bag. As he'd tie it on the saddle, his head would turn a little to the left.
"And, will you finally pack your gear? I don't intend on camping in the middle of this wretched forest.. hey, Serinas, you even listen?"

The High Elf, which always followed Andre around, was called Serinas Sin'Dath. A former student and apprentice to a Magistrate, until the fall of their beloved homeland of Quel'Thalas. Since then, she mostly tends to the wounded, thus her skills are much appreciated by Andre, to a limit.
"Of course, of course.. yet, look at the beautiful specimen of this flower. It grows only hear, near the mushrooms, and nowhere els-"
Serinas was interrupted by Andre as he turned around, showing his back at the horse. The horse was easily eating the old grass from the ground.

"Ahh, wonderful, yes, yes.. now pack off. We will leave for the town of Darkshire today, I need some sleep in a good bed.."
"You did slept the whole night, and of course a bit of the morning."
"Morning? I can't even bloody see if it's night or day, this forest makes me sick."
The two arguing about the weather and such, as in the distance, a bush shook. Andre's horse quickly turned the head, slowly walking towards it to investigate.
"Alright, alright. It's day.."
"Andre, where's Killian?"
".. what?"
Andre turns around rapidly, only the tail of his visible, then suddenly, WOSH, it disappeared under the ground. Andre rubs his eyes to see if he's dreaming, as Serinas stands, runs towards the spot the horse vanished, and as the horse. She disappears as well.

"In all that is holy, what is going on?!"
Andre asks himself, taking his sword from near the campfire, walking towards the spot to investigate. A dark hole in the ground, the size of a building. On the side, he can see edges of stones. Not hesitating, an incantation for a magic fireball, and in his left hand becomes a torch, which with he descends into the darkness. His sword in the right hand.
Andre jumps down, his leather soles slide down the small hill, made of mud. From the light his fire forms, a tall stone wall is visible. On it, strange ornamentations and skeletons are found. He swallows his remaining spit.
"A crypt, perfect.. Serinas and Killian must be near.. but where."

After a while of search, Andre enters another room. The ground is littered with bones, the mud covering the hard spikes of the ribs, worms, flies and all sorts of insects, swarming around. One of the weakness of Andre, he can't stand beings which slime around and are smaller then him. He releases the fireball incantation, with a few solid words "Al'Her nu Man'esu!" The ground around him is set on fire, burning the insects. In the process, he creates a few self-made braziers on the pile of bones, in each of the corner. With a smile, he crosses' the room.
"Damn this, Serinas, where are you! Serinas, can you hear me! Respond.. anything.."

"Welcome.. haha, welcome."
A dark voice is heard, echoing through the crypt. A rather annoying, a few times childish spoken and mysterious voice. Andre turns rapidly and violently around, looking at each of the four corners. His sword arm close to the body, his left arm, moving in small circles as he casts another incantation.
"Who is this? SHOW YOURSELF!"
A dark figure steps from the left side of the room. A long, rugged and dirty robe covering his meager and skinny body. Long and cricked fingers with a beard, all to his waist.
"Fear not, I will make it pleasant to you.. hahaha."
As the figure laughs, just before Andre could cast the incantation to defend himself, something hit him from the back. He collapsed on the incinerated bones, his eyes slowly closing.

___________________________________ ... back to the present.
Andre raises his eyebrow, trying to remember the incantation he had been perfecting in his free time. With a twitching left eye and his muscles straightened, he slowly and in a low tone speaks the words "Nas Nam Ali'hir te Dan'ur". Silence appears, not even a rock falls or a flie buzzes. Andre turns his head at the chains, as a small smoke is visible from them. In an eye blink, the chains catch on fire, burning down to a thin line, enough for Andre to break free. He falls on the ground, without hesitation picks himself up.
"Just you wait now, you son of a b-"
Coughs as he shakes his head.
".. just you wait will be enough I believe."

Sound of hammering and rattling of bones with chains is heard, as Andre slowly makes his way through the narrow corridor, behind him, the room he was chained, before him, the flickering of the lantern candle, the old man carried with him.
"Good, make sure Igor, that our beloved guest will be entertained, I need to see for my warrior.."
"Y-Yes.. master.. h-hugh. Me.. e-entertain."
The small conversation is heard from the room, Andre leans on the wall, sliding across it with his back as he walks. In the process, he hopes they will not find him that quickly.
"I have to find Serinas before it too la-"
Andre's mind is interrupted by a familiar voice in the distance. It probably comes from where the flickering light was. Yet, it's too thin and distant for him to fully understand what was said.

Andre turns around slowly, as suddenly, the ground beneath him shakes, barely holding the balance, he can see as the giant monster, most certainly Igor by the name of it, falls on the ground. Helplessly waving his arms. Andre takes the opportunity. He jumps forth, runs as quickly as he can towards the monster. The shaking still did not end, many of the coffins and bones fall down, Andre dodging them by a inch. Then, as if fate was on his side, he rolls through the pile of stones blocking the path, and with a simple incantation aimed for the monster, with the words "Ah'renum!" incinerates him. The horrific cries of pain, echo through the crypt. Andre holds his hands on the ears, covers from them. Then, after a moment.. only a pile of ash remains. The beast dead.

The same time, the shaking stops, and an applaud is heard. Andre turns around, raising his eyebrow at the coming figure. This time, he does not wait, quickly a fireball up his sleeve, aimed at the figure.
"Bra'kgur!" is heard, the fireball being frozen in mid-air, falls on the ground and breaks into several pieces. The old man appears fully, as the light of the lit braziers shines on him.
"You've done well.. broken the chains, avoided the falling debris, and now even slain my minion. Congratulations, but, here is where your journey ends.
"Many say the same before they taste the bitter truth.. not an exception should be you.
".. truth, many say the same. Such as you."
With a quick move of his two arms, and the words "Sme'iun!" Andre freezes where he stood. No ice around him, but stunned. Only his eyes are able to move, barely his lips.
"... now worry not, you and your beloved Elf, will be together.. FOREVER.. in death! Haha."

Andre slowly looses his consciousnes, he sees black before him. And yet again, he collapses. A moment later, he awakes in the middle of the room. His hands and feet tied together, at his back, Serinas slumbers. The old man stands on a small balcony to the left of Andre, his two arms stretched each in other directions.
"Behold now.. my present for the town of Darkshire. Is it not well preserved?"
On the right side of Andre, a abomination walks slowly, stops two feet away. The giant hole in the stomach, the bloodied axe and hook, not to mention the fact it was sewed together from different pieces, bring fear into Andre.
"You're man.. crazy! What do you plan to achieve with this!"
Andre shouts, as he tries to get rid of the ropes, have his hands free. The old man laughs, leaning himself on the fence of the balcony.
"Fear not.. you can be part of it too.. haha. Now my minion, cra-"

Two skeletons fly down the stairs and land on the ground behind the old man. Following them, a young man with different clothes on him. One would say he escaped from a circus. He charges at the old man, with a few swings of his rather, too enchanted sword and strikes him down. Andre stares at the newly arrived man, his both eyebrows risen. The man climbs on the fence, jumps from it and strikes the abomination down. By the weight of it, it causes the roof to collapse under him. To avoid death, the newly arrived man cuts the binds of Andre, Andre quickly grabs Serinas over the should and escapes the crumbling crypt.

A moment later, outside in the middle of a graveyard, he can see his horse Kallian eating grass, the whole gear still on him. The stranger who saved him, turns towards Andre.
"Well, thank you a lot friend. If there's any way I can help you.. ask."
Andre said, while he put Serinas on Kallian, untying her binds and softening his bracers.

With a childish like tone, stuttering the stranger answers.
"Y-Yes.. I-I don't know.. t-the way to.. to Darkshire. I-I'm new here.. c-came from H-Hillsbrad."
Andre turns rapidly at the man, staring at him with a disappointed facial expression. A long drawn out sigh following.. ".. again.".

Minime

Re: Andre Godsond - The Crypt

#2 » Post by Minime » 30 Apr 2012 23:05

Keep in mind. All of these stories and many more are always readable on my website:
www.andregodsond.weebly.com

Stay tuned for more, such as the stories of Andre's companions and all around folk tales, which Blizz did not add into the game, and I do.