Andre Godsond - Battle-Mage of the finest sort [ST]

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Minime

Andre Godsond - Battle-Mage of the finest sort [ST]

#1 » Post by Minime » 27 Feb 2012 00:17

"A High Elf standing near a human.. and the human even defending her with his sword.. yes. Correct, that human's me. Andre Godsond. The Elf? Well.. that's a long story, just don't believe I actually have something with her, as said, long story.. lets begin with me.."

"As always, all starts at birth. Born as a normal boy, in a normal family with normal traits and whatnot. My father, Julianos Godsond was a wealthy landowner. He owned much of the farmlands in Hillsbrad Foothils, including a deed to the abandoned Dwarven mine. Why abandoned and the deed in a human's hand? Lets just say for now, that a rogue wizard had too much time and too much gold to spend for forbidden books."

Andre was born in the family as the second child of the wealthy landowner, Julianos Godsond. Owning much of the farmlands in Hillsbrad, Andre enjoyed a childhood, few could. Yet with all the money and fame among the peasants, Andre sought for something greater.

".. I always had the desire, to become a knight. Of course, now comes the question, doesn't every boy of my age, back in my childhood, wish to become a knight in silver plate on a white steed? Of course, but I had a different encounter with the desire for knighthood then books and fairy tales. As stated, my father was a wealthy.. and famous man. It was rare, that we didn't recieve any guests from other lands.. and so it was, that a knight arrived once."

"He had a silver plate with golden ornaments on the edges, carried a long and heavy sword, so sharp ]and clean, that I could have seen the mirror image of my face while I stared at it. His steed, not white, but a black mare. Not to mention, his manners and behavior was all fitting for a knight of his standards. Enough for my father to let him stay for three days.. the best three days of my life. It was then on the third day, that he revealed his purpose. A call for arms against the Orcish threat. Orcs. I've only heard about them from the travelers and the tales uncle used to tell near a campfire."

The knight remained three days at the Godsond family stead. Other then brushing his horse, cleaning his armor and lifting weights to keep him in form, he spent time helping Andre's father around the house and of course, trained swordsmanship with Andre.

"I have to admit.. after the first training session with the knight, I quickly changed my mind about being a knight, rushing into the battle with my sword and heavy armor as the only way of defense. Of course, I could'v swing the sword well, between the village children, when we fought each other with wooden swords. Hoh, I had the best, my father let a Elf made it for me.. it ha- meh. Anouther time. Now, as said. I was the best between us. I knew how to parry, make a pirouet. I even knew how to fight with rolling at the other child."

Andre almost every time, trained with the guests which arrived at his families' stead. Mostly they were Dwarven adventurers, Elven craftsman and rangers, knights and whatnot. Usually, Andre was found, training with his fine ornamented and well crafted wooden sword, among the fields at sunset. Other then that, he used to play with himself a lot, using the trees in the wood as his co-players.

"Then, as every son of a wealthy father, I had to take the boring lessons, while the others were playing outside, or the sun was perfect for a stroll through the fields and woods. I can't complain now, at least I can read and write."

"The name of the Scholar who held the lessons, was "Professor Ignaz". He was in his fifties, had a long, spiked beard. Always stroking it and making that horrific noise, as if a pipe would leak steam. Father never told me from where he was, but I knew he came from Dalaran. The way he talked, walked, simply everything.. and of course the fact I found a badge with the Dalaran, Kirin Tor eye on it."

Andre received special lessons, which many, if not only him in Hisllbard, had the chance to. He learned all from math, literature, physics, alchemy and more. At the age of sixteen, Andre started to show signs of magic talents.

"Then it was, at my sixteenth birthday. The day I'll never forget.. after my birthday party. Which was simply fabulous. The Dwarven music and fireworks, the Elven decoration and all of our good, weekly guests were there. As good as I heard that time, the celebration was heard all the way to Alterac. Now, after the celebration, I went as quickly as I could back home. I wanted to show all the presents I received from the Dwarves and Elves.. and then it happened."

"The girl I was in love with.. secret, boy love of course, was harassed by the village bullies, Bolco and his two dimwitted friends. Of course I felt strong that time. I took a long and deep breath, filled my lungs with air, walked straight and showed some muscles. Bolco turned his eyes on me quickly, started shouting *HEY, look, the pussy-boy has come. Wanna' dance with your pussy-queen?!* Hah. If he'd met me now, I'm certain he'd regret those words.. nevertheless. I took a small stone and threw it at his head. You should'v seen his face, like a ragging bull he wanted to hit him, but damn. He instead hit her. I was soo angry, them laughing as she was bleeding out of the nose, crying. I don't know what happened, I simply started to mumble some words, my old professor used to say when he went to make some tea. At once, my hands caught on fire. Bolco and his friends started screaming like little girls, took the flight. Me? I was trying to put the flame out, spiting and jumping. At least the girl stopped crying. She stood up, washed off the blood with her arm and laughed."

Andre was afterwards, sent to Dalaran to study and control his magic talent. The incident with the flaming hands was not the main reason he was sent. It happened, that he once put the barn on fire, froze the beloved bird of the neighbor and so on. He was in Dalaran, studying for seven years. He graduated as a apprentice in combat magic. With his limited knowledge of melee combat tactics, he then continued his study as a Battle-mage all until his twenty-seventh year. When he went on his own and extends his knowledge with books and what information he can receive.

"The seven years in Dalaran. Now who wrote that? I said should be fired.. pah. In fact, it was only three and a half years. Following the catastrophic events with the Scourge, I was sent away to learn in Stormwind. That means, before the Scourge invaded. Why? Because a mage in Stormwind offered lessons both in melee combat and magic combat. My profession. It was in Stormwind I learned under the leadership of the Archmage. His brother, a certain high ranking member in the army, helped me in honing my swordsmanship. The training sessions were harsh I have to admit. Simply imagine, awaken by the sound of the morning bells for the chapel, then writing scrolls and learning from books, afterwards, rushing to the other end of town, learning to use a sword proper all until sunset. Proper use of sword, which does not mean, swinging that piece of steel upon a lifeless, wooden dummy. The master itself was the dummy many times. And he moved, if he hit you, you saw starts.. rest? Hah, that was a dream back then. Soo many times I had to bite my tongue, felt nothing of my body but pain. Yet I had to fight on."

Andre set out on his adventure as a Battle-mage. Adept in swordsmanship and adept in magic. He was good in melee combat, but couldn't defeat a warrior. He was good in magic, but never had a chance against a mage. So, after many defeats, he learned, that using both magic and melee gives him a fair chance of winning the battle. He learned a few spells from the category of Defense, that was his beloved Arcane shield and his Counterspell. Next to that, his knowledge of herbs and alchemy outreaches his first impression. Rare is it, that he doesn't know which herb it is.. and even if he doesn't know it, he'll make up for a excuse.

Andre uses for offensive combat, his trustworthy silver sword. A steel core, with a silver painting for easier and better spell absorption. Of course, next to his sword, a trustworthy fireball and frostball, fireblast and incinerate, he hides under his sleeve. Many would say, his spell arsenal is limited, yet he knows better.

".. of course I do. I wonder who this guy is? Constantly talking in my mind, I can't focus on my drink.. those are simple main spells and incantation. Every mage knows, that if you combine them you receive double the power and a different effect. Like for an example, a fireball and a fireblast incantation are useful for causing damage to many opponents at once. Using a fireblast and a trap incantation, I'm able to blast away those who'd step on it.. and so on."

As a Battle-mage. There's little of free time for him. If the College does not require his aid, the local populace does. May it be to clear a mine from a rogue wizard, rescue a person from the grip of a monster, etc.

".. rescuing a person from the grip of a monster. That his the hammer on the nail. The High Elf lady, back on the picture. It all seemed a pleasant and casual contract. All until the fact, that the monster wasn't a monster.. but a seduced man, trying to make love to her. Use of spells? I doubt that, I simply hit him with his hand on the head and he collapsed. Following the action, that Elf doesn't stop following me... uhh. A advice to the young adventurers. Never say "Of course" to a woman, half naked in a dark forest alone. Never.."