Agremir Rutget - The past of the undead member

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Minime

Agremir Rutget - The past of the undead member

#1 » Post by Minime » 24 Feb 2012 17:25

Agremir turns to the side, on his left, the thick battle between the Forsaken and the Scourge in the Plaguelands. On his right, more of the Forsaken and Horde members reaching the front lines. He is weak, his left arm heavily injured, the shield falls on the grass. His helm becomes heavy, taking it off, as what remain of the hair, slowly weaves in the cold breeze. At last, Agremir knells down on his knees, the sword rammed into the ground, as he supports himself. Three arrows are visible, one through the chest, one through the left shoulder and the last through the waist. An undead he is, to retain his free will, he has to fight for it, and always serve the Dark Lady.. but he knows his end is near. He takes off his brown pouch, out of it a dirty old, golden music box in the form of a clock. With slow and heavy movements, opening it.

As the music box opens, so does the figure of a man and woman, holding their hands together and dancing. In a mater of moments, it starts to spin in the circle, constantly the same. And a soft melody is heard. The battle shouts and the sound of swords clashing on steel, shields breaking and magic cast, Agremir hears now only the sweet melody of the music box, slowly closing his eyes..

_________________________________ The past.

"I told you, you won't catch me that easily.. hah.."
"We shall see, these legs have quite a training to catch naughty girls.. just you wait!"

The sound of a cheerful young woman and a joyful young man is heard throughout the woods, populated by tall pines which grant shade as to their thick number. The woman tries to get atop the small hill, holding her skirt a bit higher, so that she may run and climb, a bright smile and laugh on her pretty face. Long brown hairs, reaching to the shoulders with eyes, as blue as the sky. The man is behind her, climbing atop, after her, using his arms as there was rain a day before. He had short dark hair, with a small moustache growing. His brown eyes, wide open and happy, looking at the woman.
Not long, and the man was atop, holding the woman around her waist, as he'd kiss her on the neck a few times, with a bright smile. The woman laughs as she turns her head at him.
"So, you said I won't catch you.."
".. and what will you do know, strong and handsome lumberjack? Teach the naughty girl manners."
She replies in a rather naive tone, with a giggle in the background. The man laughs, as he turns her around, both looking at each other without any obstacles. His left arm slowly and gently holds her waist, while the right holds her long and scruffy hair, from the running and playing, off. She closes her eyes, forms her lips for a kiss, both slowly closing to each other.

Back at home, the man waves good bye to her, as she hurries into the luxurious house, on her fingertips. He takes a long and satisfied breath of air, only to be then disturbed by an old man. A long beard towards the shoulders, a pipe which has been used a few times too much in the right corner of the mouth and an old hat.
"Don't tell me you've been with her again Agremir? How many times must I repeat myself, she is the daughter of the landowner, and you're a simple worker.."
".. a worker who has worked hard for the key to her heart. Have you forgotten that she was courted three times, yet three times she rejected. Her father could have done little.. now spare me. I wish to continue this day with my good mood."
"Oh boy, oh boy, when will you learn it.. when."
The young man's name was Agremir. Agremir Rutger, son of a small farmer in Silverpine Forest. His father used to have a reasonable sized field, until the local bandits wrecked havoc and ruined half of his stock, following that, the high taxation free brought him to ruin and he soon had to sell his farm. Now, living under the protection and care taking of the local landowner, Marius Regvant. Agremir now works as a hand in all-around care taking of the farm. From repairing the shack ruined by the storm or simply feeding the chicken, taking the sheep outside to the pastures.

After a while on the farm, he met and was quite close with the daughter of the landowner, Maria Gina Regvant. Maria used to be a sort of teacher for Agremir. Teaching him how to write, read and what else she knew. But soon, the formal teacher and student relationship became a more private matter, and they soon fell in love. For the times Agremir lives in, one of his ranks, a normal worker, cannot court a daughter of a landowner, and so they meet in secret. All would be fine, would there not be the two brothers of Maria. Yarkus and Bregen, almost a symbol of maliciousness. Countless times was Agremire hauled off the landowners farm, beaten or worse.

"John.. JOHN! Oh bloody fel, are you sleeping again?"
Agremir asked with a disappointed tone, trying to push the hay bail onto the shelf above the cows. The man he called for, John, would continue to sleep on the stack of fresh hay bails, brought inside the barn a few hours ago. Snorting away while Agremir works.
"I can't believe it.. you drank the whole tankard empty, be thankful you have the bails to cover you-"
"Agremir!"
Agremir turns around, raising his eyebrow. It seems he heard someone shout his name, bending a little over and crouching, taking a closer look outside, through the wide open door of the barn.
"Agremir, get here quickly!"
He shakes his head, standing as if he sat on a nail, sliding down the ladder leaned on the shelf above the cows and life stock. Without hesitations Agremir leaves the barn. Near the entry to the landowners farm, bellow the garden arch with flowers and a trellis on each side, stood his father and a oddly dressed man. He had a blue headband around his forehead, long leather pants with yellow ornamentations and boots all the way to his knees, with a heavy looking, leather back across his chest.

"Well, get here if you want to read the letter. Your uncle sent it, I hope you remember him.."
His father added, taking the letter with a smile, then saying good bye. The oddly dressed man, the postmaster by chance, left rather quick, continuing his walk on the road while Agremir's father came towards his son, in the right hand the letter.
"You should better read it, I'm certain he wrote to you and not me.. why should he, oh boy.."
"Now don't be like this father, he is your bro-"
".. no longer. What I have done to him, none could repay back. Not with a handful of gold, or with the hand of the royal queen. Go, take a seat, rest and read it."
Agremir smiled, with a short and quick nod with the head, he turned around, searching for a spot to lay down and read in peace.

Dear Agremir.
If you read this, then that means it is already summer, yet by my cold hand I wrote this in winter. Nevertheless, let us not discuss the laziness of the local postmasters, it is not their fault they need to carry thus many love letters. Now, back to the serious at hand. I write you this for my illness will soon take hold of me. Fear not, I won't pass that quick, I'll still be present at your 23th birthday with your aunt Marcy. Remember the good stew she used to cook when you remained over the winter by us? Well, you'll soon get more of that, trust me.

Agremir continues to read the letter, as by time to time, he laughs at the good memories which transpired to him while being with his uncle. A few moments later, his face changes. His bright and joyful eyes, the smile on his lips, as if a being would drain all happiness.

.. I would come now to you and see what a strong man you've became. But the accursed plague in the north lands forbids me to travel anywhere. The guards have locked down every path, every entrance and exit. Pah, we survived such unpleasantries many times. Like the epidemic virus which spread through Lordaeron a few years ago. It is all simply a fairy tale, anouther excuse for the high taxation. Now, I must stop writing the letter, there barely is any place left. I hope to see you soon Agremir.

Yours sincirely,
Uncle Reginald.

It was a rather warm and pleasant night. The starts shined brighter then ever, the landowners house was swarming with life, as in every room there were candles lighting. Down the hill, at the side of the house, was the Lordamere lake. On the shore, both Agremir and Maria were lying with their backs on the wooden dock, their feet in the water, cooling them off.
"You see those stars there? The ones that look like a wagon."
"Yes, yes I see them."
".. now look to the left of it."
"Aww, beautiful. It looks like a heart.. or like.."
".. or like two persons, close to each other.. like us."
Agremir smiled, turned his head to the left, looking at her. She quickly responded, and turned her head to the right, both looking at each other for a long moment, until they were disturbed.
"Maria! Maria my darling.. it's evening, come, dinner is prepared! And call Agremir inside as well, I don't want the boy to catch a cold!"

The two smiled, as they stood up. Agremir took his boots and put the wet feet inside quickly. He wasn't much of a troubled man if it was about such minorities, like wet boots or a bit dirt on the hands. Maria took her time, she firts knotted her hair at the back to a pony tail and slowly put her new slippers on.
"Lets get inside, your father is all but worrying about you."
"Agremir.."
She asked shyly. Her cheeks coloring red, yet by the night it wasn't much visible.
"Yes? What is it."
"I have something to show you after the dinner.. in the barn if you would not mind."
"The barn? If it's John snorting there still, hah, then at least don't make me wake him u-"
"No, no. Something else.. personal."
"O-Of course.. but after."
"Yes, of course, after."
Said Maria, the both holding hands as they were slowly walking towards the back entrance of the house, on wooden stair leading from the small dock up. The moonlight helped the two light the way, not to mention the other torches and the bright light coming from the house.

Minime

Re: Agremir Rutget - The past of the undead member

#2 » Post by Minime » 24 Feb 2012 17:26

After the long dinner at the new changes which the landowner announced so proudly. Such as plans for a new stable to be constructed, paved roads from the barn and a fountain before the house. Not to mention the good food which was there for all, both the landowner's family and the workers, Agremir and his family. To hold his word, Agremir left rather quick, followed by Maria, both aimed at the barn, which was abandoned. The life stock was sleeping, and nobody wandered there not to wake up the stock.

Standing alone there for a moment, Maria came with a lantern. She closed the door behind her, and pointed with her right arm for Agremir to climb up at the shelf with the hay bails. Without hesitating he made his way, helping Maria climb up with pulling her, instead of climbing. Both making themselves some place behind the stack of bails, Maria slowly and gently releases the lantern while it hovers over the wooden shelf. From her robe, she takes a golden casket, the form of a clock. Gently opening it with her soft fingers, the figure of two, woman and man would spring up, starting to spin in a circle. In the background, the sound of a sweet melody.
"My mother gave me this when she passed. She said I should always carry it with me, play it if I'm sad or with old memories to remember."
"Yes, truly, beautiful. The melody at most.. it touches my heart."
".. she said I should give it to the one I love at most.. like my heart. I give it to you."
She hands it over to Agremir, him holding his two hands open and crossed together. Placing it in his hands, she smiles.
"I-I cannot accept this.. what if-"
"I give it to you, it is yours now.. like my heart."
She closes her sentence while she leans over to Agremir, with closed eyes. Agremir puts the muic box aside, near the lantern. As his right arm catches Maria, both gently falling down the hay while kissing.

The next day at morning, Agremir is working on a shack. As suddenly his father approaches him from behind. Holding a filled bag with a long, woolen cloak.
"Son, you can take a rest.. I need to talk to you."
Agremir finishes the last nail, as he checks if the wooden plank is solid enough. He turns around, in the process throwing the hammer gently at the bench nearby.
"What is it? I hope it's not about me a-"
"No, no.. it's not. This time, for a relief. The landowner asked me if you could get some supplies from town and of course bring back the horse he lend to one of his friends."
"Lordaeron?"
"Yes.. you always wanted to see it.. so I thought.."
"Of course. Sure I'll take it. What must I do?"
".. come."
The two then walked down the road towards the entrance to the landowners farm. Discussing what Agremir had to do if he'd go to Lordaeron. From up above, Maria wrote her diary, observing the two talking. The facial expressions Agremir made while listening brought her to laugh. Only when her father came into the room she stopped writing, and closed the diary.

"I see you smile as never before, you are happy.. I've never seen you like this after.. after the tragic day."
Her father said, his eyes constantly observing her room, as he was searching for something.
".. tell me. Is it got something to do with that, good-for-nothing boy?"
"Why do you insult him? He deserves more then to b-"
"Aha, so it is true.. and I feared it isn't."
"Fear what?"
She asked, her hands shaking a bit, as she was hiding them under the table where she was writing. As much as she tries to turn away his look, she couldn't.
"Your bother told me that.. is it even true? Yesterday.. evening. You and him.. the- I can't believe it."
"You will not believe my brother now. They were never good for anything.."
"Yes, but, I must know. Did you truly sleep with him?"
Maria did not respond, she tried to hide her tears as she was biting her lower lip. Her father turned around, shaking his head in disappointment. He then made a motion with his right arm, clearly stating *Eh, what can I do.*
"And so you betray your father.. I cannot do anything else but fire Agremir.. and hurt him if he again comes close to this farm."
"B-But father!"
"No, no more.. it seems I'm only an old bull, to be grabbed and tossed by the horns, rather then respected. I will NOT let you ruin your future with that scum!"
He then moved out the room, closed the door behind him and locked it with a key.
"I did not wanted to do this.. but there is no other way. Once he is gone, you will be able to come.. forgive me my angel, forgive me."

Maria dropped her head into her arms on the desk as she started to cry. With her right arm, she tossed down the picture of his father on the desk, breaking the glass as it falls and hits the ground. Agremir has long since this gone. Not knowing that in truth, he was walking into a trap.

Agremir slowly walked down the road. For a while now, he heard only the birds sing and the breeze through the woods. The path he was walking on was paved, easily crossed as there was no need to climb over hills, or thread through the thick mud. Yet, he couldn't shake the feeling he was being followed by someone. From time to time, he turned his head to see, twice he even stopped and for a moment stared into the deep forest. But nothing. Maybe a rabbit jumping out the bush or a squirrel climbing the tree.
"There was once a time I used to be overjoyed if I could go to Lordaeron, now I cannot wait until I return to my beloved Maria. Yet, it is almost as if I could smell her perfume even now. Oh my, she truly meddled with your mind Agremir, what a fine woman."
He was talking to himself as he walked onwards, whistling a familiar song. The song from the music box.

Then at once, he heard something breaking. Quickly turning around with a suprised face, he saw a woman with a long and old robe, the hood covering her head as he was lying there.
"Who are you? Why were you following me?!"
She slowly stood up, uncovering her hood, as the face Agremir knew too good was there. Maria in the old robe from her father and with a small scratch on her arm.
"Bloody me, Ma- what are you doing here? Ugh, why haven't you.."
"I didn't wanted that you get hurt. Father knows about us."
"Again? Well, let him. I survived all of his "punishments". Pah, if he c-"
"No Agremir my love.. he sent my brother to kill you!"
Agremir shut his mouth. His wide open eyes stared at her as he slowly crossed his arm.
"Kill me? B-But why.. why?"
"My brother found out about us.. the evening in the barn. I believe he's already on his way here.. if not already he-"
A horrific laugh can be heard, almost annoying as it seems. Acompanied by the laugh, an applaud was heard. From the woods to the right of Agremir, stepped the brother of Maria. Tall and slim, with a long and sharp, it seems, sword around his belt.

"So, you two finally meat, eh? Well, what are we waiting for, let us end this then, father doesn't like people to meddle with family business."
"Leave him alone brother! He has done nothing.. he's innocent."
"Oh, yes, yes. He is.. but what father wants, that he'll get."
Agremir stopped Maria from walking towards her brother with his left arm as he turned fully at the man. He took a deep breath, and with a short nod with the head, stepped forth.
"Show me then what you have, monster. You believe that piece of iron will save you? I won't let your arrogance and stupidity harm me or my love.. strike me then!"
"Oh, of course I will. And do not worry.. this steel alone will suffice.. trust me.. haha, trust me!"
Without any hesitation, the man rushed at Agremir, with his sword leading as he had pulled it out of his scabbard before Agremir stepped to him. What could he do, he was strong, that is true, but he wore nothing but cloth and leather. Against a sharp blade as his it was useless.

The fight took for a few swings and insults, all until a third party entered the fray. Agremir and the brother of Maria were busy to fight each other, as behind them the Scourge army. The very same who murdered and sacked the kingdom of Lordaeron stood. Not long, and Agremir turned to the side, staring at the giant army. Only to miss the dodge, and the blade slit his chest. As the brother said before, it will be steel enough, he had first poisioned the blade. Agremir slowly hit the ground, as he tried to crawl away. Behind him, a Death Knight was slowly walking with the sword ready to impale. Agremir tried to shout towards Maria, as he had his right arm stretched foward. Too late. The blade rammed his flesh and the sound of steel hitting the stone, from which the road was paved. In the distance he saw Maria running away from the army, the brother which killed him, falling by the number of Scourge troops attacking him. All became black, his last breath was hard.. and short. One thing remained in his mind.. echoing. It was the melody of the music box.

_________________________________ The present.

The melody slowly became to fade, as the music box closed itself. Agremir was no longer. Only his corpse, supported by the sword rammed into the ground, a kneeling corpse with a golden music box in his left hand. All around him, there was blood, death and corpses littering the ground. In time, the battle shouts and sound of swords clashing, shields breaking stopped.. a thick fog appeared and engulfed the battlefield. Slowly vanishing, like a bad memory... like the melody of the music box.

-

#3 » Post by - » 25 Feb 2012 02:48

-----
Last edited by Guest on 26 Feb 2013 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

Luminala

#4 » Post by Luminala » 25 Feb 2012 08:48

Xander the Shockadin wrote:Beautiful.
:D You know you could have just been honest and say that u just went to the bottom of the page and commented :D
lol jks :lol:

Tbh this story looks really good (i just looked at a few passages) but i need more time in order to read it completely
Luminala 80 Nelf Druid Balance/Resto

" What is a man who does not make the world better? "

Minime

#5 » Post by Minime » 25 Feb 2012 11:51

Well then, hop-hop. Read it fully. I didn't take 30 min of my life to write this >:o

Thanks for the comments though! Next story in-coming: The story of a drunken Dwarf and how he became the hunter he is now. It will future the dragon hunt, more of the dwarven hospitality and of course.. BEE-*cough* ale!

Cover25

#6 » Post by Cover25 » 29 Feb 2012 04:16

Minime wrote:Well then, hop-hop. Read it fully. I didn't take 30 min of my life to write this >:o

Thanks for the comments though! Next story in-coming: The story of a drunken Dwarf and how he became the hunter he is now. It will future the dragon hunt, more of the dwarven hospitality and of course.. BEE-*cough* ale!
Sounds like a certain hunter i know of...