RP Guild - OPEN (TrueWoW)

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
untamedShuhalo

RP Guild - OPEN (TrueWoW)

#1 » Post by untamedShuhalo » 28 Mar 2016 17:26

(Post can and will change as needed)
Hello, I've played RP characters 90% of the time in all WoW (here and retail) and miss having a guild. I was wanting to see who all would be interested in joining based on what kind of RP 'rules' we have here.

THE GUILD IS OPEN - our Guild Thread is here; http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=34459

The guild will be called "of the Horde" and be loosely based on Fray Island, however we do plan on using the different locations available to the races for meetings as well. The exact locations will always be announced well ahead of time, of course.

Changes based on suggestions will be considered :3

To start, the guild would be all Horde races (Belf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead) with emphasis on that we are in this together. That it's a Horde "family" not just a bunch of different groups begrudgingly working to similar goals. You do not need to be a loremaster to join, you don't need to be high level or super active. We just would like to see the number of people wanting to join in and have fun.

There will be an emphasis on community and maintaining each races' culture and uniqueness while also blending them into a whole that benefits everyone involved.

We will be RP and PvE focused, and some Dungeons, but with enough people (as well as those willing to mentor for it) we'll be happy to start into PvP and Raids on a decently regular basis. Events are fun too, and I did do a few back in retail that went over quite well! Several of the events possible can be based on class, world events, and RP-based.

The 'leaders' of the guild will collectively be known as the "Council" (including the GM title) and will, at minimum, be comprised of one of each Horde race. Seconds to the Council can be added once there are five matching candidates, and Seconds can act in seat of a Council member if they are not present. They will also be set to be a replacement if the current Council member leaves, is removed, needs an extended absence, etc. The Council will be in charge of handling plans, resolving issues (either ICly or between players) and other business of the guild.
Let us know if you wish to apply!
(Tauren and Troll slots are already taken, however seconds of the races are open)

We will be focused on supporting those within our Guild, no matter the role they wish to be in.
Last edited by untamedShuhalo on 08 Apr 2016 04:01, edited 11 times in total.
Mainly plays Lyanara

Zulphiliac

Re: Creating RP Guild - Interested?

#2 » Post by Zulphiliac » 28 Mar 2016 17:34

Heyo, I'm going to be "co-leading" (and IC'ly fill the Troll spot on the council) should this garner enough interest :) Like UTShuhalo most all of the characters I had in retail were meant for RPing, and having found our way to TrueWoW/PrimalWoW, and muchly enjoying it so far, we'd definitely like to see what manner of opportunities for RPing shenanigans that we might find and/or encourage here on TrueWoW.

The reasoning for picking Fray Island is that because it's a guild that's about embracing all races and cultures of the Horde, picking one city above the others didn't feel quite right and could wind up feeling a bit alienating. Despite that, Orgrimmar might be frequented relatively often (seeing as it's the Horde's main seat of power) depending on going-ons and preferences of the guild's members at the time, but since it's about understanding the various cultures and serving the Horde as a whole, other cities and Kingdoms will become destinations and settings for our adventures and IC meetings. To that end Fray island is a decent hub logistically but is also relatively neutral aesthetically, that way one particular race won't stand out too much (in spite of being situated in the barrens).

If you're unable to get in contact with UTShuhalo/Lyanara you could try me either here (obviously) or in-game (as Oggudrai or Zankhaz).
Last edited by Zulphiliac on 30 Mar 2016 16:56, edited 6 times in total.
~Respect the wills of others while believing in your own~

Naxp

#3 » Post by Naxp » 28 Mar 2016 17:34

I'm sure this idea has got brought up a countless of times, yet only a few people showed dedication enough to fullfil it. The actual project leaders gave up in less than a month as well.

Not that I'm against this or something, just giving you heads up that this will be a challenge to full fill :)
Good luck mate

Zulphiliac

#4 » Post by Zulphiliac » 28 Mar 2016 17:36

Thanks a ton for the heads up, and for posting ^_^ We're certainly willing to give it a go, either which way we're hoping to reach similarly RP-interested gamers of the realm.

sindora

#5 » Post by sindora » 29 Mar 2016 05:12

I would be interested in seeing this guild become a thing. I've got one question for you folks to start off with.

I played in a pretty awesome RP guild during Cataclysm. It was probably my favorite WoW experience, except for one detail. This guild was 24/7 IC. It even had an IC guild 'environment'. So when you signed on a character you were ICly involved in a 'virtual' stage guild hall of sorts. And this guild's officers would whisper you to inquire if you were being IC in the world when you were too quiet in the guild hall. It was crazy intense in expectation for me as I have a strong tendency to go gathering when I'm having trouble sleeping and have nothing else to do.. So during bouts of insomnia the last thing I wanted was to be pestered about RPing while I mined. xD

Anyway, all that to set up the premise for this question... Did you have any expectations about time spent IC and actively RPing versus just playing the game?

Zulphiliac

#6 » Post by Zulphiliac » 29 Mar 2016 09:17

First off, I just want to thank you for posting, Sindora! Super-excited to hear that you're interested! ^_^

UTShuhalo can't reply right now, but I'm fairly sure that me and her are on the same page on this, so the answer is that it definitely won't be that kind of pressure and intensity regarding RP, we ourselves often just do game-stuff without actively roleplaying during questing and somesuch, and our schedules might vary as well.

So I suppose we'd want to keep it a bit flexible and "casual" to some extent, we realize things can happen and moods can vary, and I personally would want to see it as an open invitation for roleplaying or just hanging out when the mood hits people. Trying to foster a welcoming environment that makes people want to engage, as opposed to feeling forced into it.

So yeah, that's my thoughts on the matter, I doubt Shuhalo disagrees but I'll definitely prod her when she's available again to provide an "official" answer and how exactly she wants to go about it, but again I'm like 100% sure she doesn't want it to be that intense just judging by our own playstyles, so definitely won't be a "IC 24/7" deal :)

sindora

#7 » Post by sindora » 29 Mar 2016 12:31

Nice. Sounds like an ideal arrangement to me. I guess my other question is, are you on the 'Vanilla' (Primal) server or the Wrath (TrueWoW) server? Or were you planning on having a presence on both?

Thanks for the quick response on the first question. ^^

Zulphiliac

#8 » Post by Zulphiliac » 29 Mar 2016 15:09

Of course, wouldn't want to leave you hanging :D

Again, I'm being a bit cautious to speak on behalf of both me and Lyanara (Shuhalo) right now, but what I do know is that we're going to try and get it made and established on the Wrath/TrueWoW realm. I'm not 100% sure about PrimalWoW at the moment.

I do hope that's not a dealbreaker :)

untamedShuhalo

#9 » Post by untamedShuhalo » 29 Mar 2016 16:53

Thanks so much for the interest, sindora :3 and Zulphiliac is about spot-on, we will not be "super serious you must RP your life away". We get to where we want to just hop on and do whatever, be it questing, working on profs, or just see what strikes our fancy. We will be striving for official Guild meetings to be IC but again, if you arent feeling it, you can just contribute via Guild Chat/Whispers rather than ICly.

RPing is meant to be FUN, and when it feels like a chore or job, you definitely are not having as much fun.

We'll be based in TrueWow (WotLK) and are hesitant to split our focus into Primal. For now we'll be in TW so that all our resources and time can go into this Guild.
Mainly plays Lyanara

sindora

#10 » Post by sindora » 29 Mar 2016 17:05

Aww darn. My husband and I play on Primal right now. It lured me in because I love that it has 'progression'. Maybe we will make alts so we can indulge in RP with you guys from time to time. For sure if you end up with a Primal presence we will be around there. Good luck to you for now! I'll follow this thread just to see how things turn out. ^_^

Zulphiliac

#11 » Post by Zulphiliac » 29 Mar 2016 17:10

That's a little bit of a shame indeed, however we'd be plenty happy to spend time with both of you on your potential (hopefully eventual) alts. If we can get this off the ground and the two of you joined you'd always be welcome whenever the mood strikes :)

untamedShuhalo

Re: Creating RP Guild - Interested? (TrueWoW)

#12 » Post by untamedShuhalo » 30 Mar 2016 16:43

Sorry to hear that sindora, but again if you make alts or we end up in Primal we'll be happy to have you!

First post has been updated with more information, and will continue to be edited as thoughts, ideas, and concerns are utilized :3
Mainly plays Lyanara

Zulphiliac

#13 » Post by Zulphiliac » 31 Mar 2016 20:52

Alright! So we're currently in the process of trying to get our charter signed, so far we've gotten two! So that leaves us with 6 more spots to fill.

Just wanted to give a little update. Any of you that might be interested are of course free to reach out to us here, or in-game or however you like. We'd be highly interested in hearing more from our fellow roleplaying enthusiasts here on Truewow, wether it's about joining us in this project or just in the pursuit of becoming familiar with each other and to discuss about and/or plan for noncommittal roleplay somewhere down the road :)

Update: Just a teensy heads up, we're slowly but steadily gaining a few more peeps bit by bit, we've got at about 5-4, possibly only 3 signatures left for the charter, this thread will be updated accordingly as we carry on with our efforts!

untamedShuhalo

#14 » Post by untamedShuhalo » 04 Apr 2016 18:36

OP updated with signature count, we've one person still thinking, and another that one of our lovely guildmembers is trying to get ahold of to see if theyre interested, so with any luck, we'll be open within the week!
Mainly plays Lyanara

Zulphiliac

#15 » Post by Zulphiliac » 08 Apr 2016 01:45

Taz'dingo! The guild is officially founded! Special thanks goes to everyone who signed, everyone who's staying with us as treasured members, and just everyone else who helped us along the way!

This gun' be good mons & wo'mons!

(OP will be edited accordingly ASAP!)