Hope this is where this goes...Rp Guild

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Elderon

Hope this is where this goes...Rp Guild

#1 » Post by Elderon » 26 Apr 2011 02:15

1) is there and existing one?
2) if so what is it? if not how many would be interested in one being made?

Vaati
Banned

Re: Hope this is where this goes...Rp Guild

#2 » Post by Vaati » 30 Apr 2011 05:07

This might go into one of the guild topics but, I'm not really sure..

As for whether one exists, I don't think there is one. And I'm pretty sure there would be enough interested people to sign the charter. I'm not sure how much more than that. But it sounds like a good idea. You should go for it.
Biscuit - Level 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Horde)
Bisquick - Level 80 Feral Druid (Formerly Narcissa's) (Horde)
Bisquit - Level 80 Elemental/Resto Shaman (Horde)
Biscadin - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Horde)
Bisclock - Level 80 Affliction Warlock (Ally)
Bisc - Level 80 Shadow Priest (Ally)
Biscation - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Ally)
Formerly known as Patregis - Undead Rogue
Roel wrote:What's wrong with your brains?

netuser

#3 » Post by netuser » 24 Jun 2011 04:19

I Agree

AbdoMatrix

#4 » Post by AbdoMatrix » 02 Jul 2011 15:24

whats its the play style of RP guilds , and doesnt it need an RP realm to be created?

P.S : i have no idea of how u play in RP realms,i did read about it on the internet but still i dont see the difference between them and the normal ones! so any brief description of the RP play style would be appreciated :)

Deathsbreach

#5 » Post by Deathsbreach » 13 Jul 2011 13:48

AbdoMatrix wrote:whats its the play style of RP guilds , and doesnt it need an RP realm to be created?

P.S : i have no idea of how u play in RP realms,i did read about it on the internet but still i dont see the difference between them and the normal ones! so any brief description of the RP play style would be appreciated :)
FIrst of all we're barley enough people for a Realm. We don't need 2 realms.
And sorry, I have no idea what a Role-Playing realm would actually mean.

OkweL

#6 » Post by OkweL » 27 Aug 2011 21:09

A bit old but I've been off.
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... leId=20458

From what I understand, on RP realm you can talk only about WoW world and things around you. It's more like you are actually feel yourself as part of the world instead of only steering your character and log out when bored. More than just playing you "live" with your character etc.

Gwakamol33

#7 » Post by Gwakamol33 » 09 Dec 2011 15:48

OkweL wrote:A bit old but I've been off.
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... leId=20458

From what I understand, on RP realm you can talk only about WoW world and things around you. It's more like you are actually feel yourself as part of the world instead of only steering your character and log out when bored. More than just playing you "live" with your character etc.
RP realms are realms specifically flagged for players interested in Roleplaying, as a way to meet up, as Roleplaying is generally a social/group affair.

Roleplaying is basically where you assume the role of your character, and treat WoW as if it were a play .Some things have to be researched outside of the "script" (Game world. Sites for WoW research are sites like WoWWikki etc.), and there are usually no set lines. Often, players improvise as they go along, occasionally informing the other players via /whisper, /party, or even in /say (Although using double brackets ((Like this)) in order to make it clear this is YOU communicating with other players, not your character communicating with other Azerothians.)

RP is a popular pasttime, especially on live realm.s If I ever get this goddamn client installed, I'd probably be happy to teach anyone who's interested how to RP.

Word of warning, though.. To RP, you generally need to be creative, and somewhat-decent at thinking on your feet. You need a basic knowledge of the WoW lore universe, and English skills are somewhat appreciated ,especially as certain races have accents and require advanced vocabulary most of the time.

It's like being an actor without a script, stageplan, or anything. The play occasionally freezes and you get given a little bit more of the plot, then the show goes on. I'd love for RP to prosper on these lovely realms, though :)
Though I may be wrong about that..

Technologically failing at anything and everything since 2004!

Minime

#8 » Post by Minime » 18 Dec 2011 13:11

Well well.. someone finally came up with the RP guild idea. Soo, yes, RPing is something lovely. As I can tell of my 3 years of RP experiance, you never get bored due to the many changes and choices one can make. Of course, RPing does not come over the night. Learning your races/roles' lore is the first step, learning what IC, OOC Metagaming and so on is.. the second and then using the right words and emotions to describe what you're doing right in the moment with your character is the third.

As always, in a RP realm, or just when you RP, you have to explain what you're doing via the /e system. For an example:

On the normal server, you simply hit the icon for your horse and ride it. In a RP server/realm, you HAVE to emote that. Like: /e takes forth his ornated whistle. He blows it with his remaining breath as the sweet sound spreads forth. From the distance, his horse arrives. Grabing the reins with his right hand, he hops on it.

And you don't use shortened words. For an example: You don't say "Hy d00d wanna go fshin?" You say "Greetings there mate, fancy some fishing today?" But, the biggest problem accures when there are numbers. People oftenly type the number directly, like 5 or 6. A skilled RPer always typed with letters. "Five, six".

Well, bam.. and here again I talk without an end. If anyone wishes to learn more about RPing or simply have a nice time, I am always free whenever I am online.
Yoren/Yearia -> Alliance side II Gobrul/Turkos -> Horde side.

Vail

#9 » Post by Vail » 23 Jul 2012 04:50

Despite this thread being a wee bit on the old side, I am curious: Did this guild ever make it off the ground?

Flexall
Donor

#10 » Post by Flexall » 23 Jul 2012 05:17

Yes it did, I was in it about 1 year ago or something like that. But the leader doesn't play here anymore, sadly.
It was a nice guild too.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

samotas

#11 » Post by samotas » 01 Oct 2012 22:39

Is it any more similar guilds at this time?

Grismantel

#12 » Post by Grismantel » 09 Oct 2012 09:09

I searched a bit too and asked some people on the server, but didn't find for the moment (that doesn't mean at all there isn't one, i came only recently on this server).

I'm seriously (seriously) considering creating one. At least a "rp-friendly" one, alliance side, family style guild. I know some other people IG would be interested. We are pretty "low" levels for the moment, and we all would like to enjoy the game and the leveling experience as it should be :-).

DarkTroll

#13 » Post by DarkTroll » 27 Dec 2012 11:08

Too old for me, ain't it? Still, I believe that if one wants to Role Play in World Of WarCraft, it is a waste of time to do that in a PvP/PvE realm. But since there are not enough players in this server for a Role Play realm to be created, I suggest that one should find a specific RP server for that purpose. I know of one, however, I do not know if it is still around, thus, I shall not speak of its name, and so I do not advertise.

I do not know about other things, but I know one. This server shall stay a good server, as long as it is WotLK and as long as it is X1 XP, and does not crashes much. Like, once every two hours, or worse. Of course, the server can be improved, like making WinterGrasp SotA and IoC work, but I believe that there is a long way to go, before everything WotLK works here.

PS: I shall tell the server's name to everyone whom sends me a private message, but it shall be at their own responsibility.

tubaOtaku

#14 » Post by tubaOtaku » 06 Mar 2015 23:43

Grismantel wrote:I searched a bit too and asked some people on the server, but didn't find for the moment (that doesn't mean at all there isn't one, i came only recently on this server).

I'm seriously (seriously) considering creating one. At least a "rp-friendly" one, alliance side, family style guild. I know some other people IG would be interested. We are pretty "low" levels for the moment, and we all would like to enjoy the game and the leveling experience as it should be :-).
I would be interested in joining such guild on the alliance! :D

Fastor

#15 » Post by Fastor » 07 Mar 2015 01:42

I think its time to start locking topics like this. People tend not to check when last post was on. :\