Anyone Interested?

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Virunus
Donor

Re: Anyone Interested?

#16 » Post by Virunus » 28 Jun 2015 08:34

I'm definitely interested. I do a little RP here and there on live servers. Not consistently, but I like having the opportunity to RP, so I roll on RP servers. I'll probably focus more on leveling for now, but you can mark me down as someone who is interested.

Character: Avra (Night Elf Hunter)

Ohanzee

#17 » Post by Ohanzee » 28 Jun 2015 09:07

I love RP! I'd be interested as well! :3

Anarion

#18 » Post by Anarion » 01 Jul 2015 03:11

If people are interested in sparking a community, I can do my part to help nurture it.

For those that are interested, you should join the channel LFRP. Did this on the new vanilla server Nostalrius and it really helped bring a community together. Although only active ones I've seen there are on Alliance.

Along with that, I could do weekly RP events, that focuses on sharing various lore subjects in character. Gives people a reason to know a little bit more about the world. Of course it isn't just a lecture, but more of an open discussion to promote character interaction. I offered one for both horde and alliance, and only people on alliance showed up. Anyway, if a few people have interest I'll make a post here and look for a common time that works for most people.

I could do some digging up on some RP mods to help share character information, like physical descriptions and make an official post on the forums.

If a few people have interest in any of this, just say so and I'll toss some things up. I also got a lot of reference material for averages ages, heights, and all that jazz if people want a post with that kind of stuff in it.

Sorry for the wall of text, hope to see a community bloom here.

Ohanzee

#19 » Post by Ohanzee » 01 Jul 2015 04:26

I would be interested in all things mentioned.

I'm not new to RP ,but I am new to the lore of Azeroth so this could be quite helpful to me. Not only that but I am genuinely interested in reading lore and stories!

I wouldn't be surprised if the more active RP here would be alliance either. At least til BC arrives. >.> I main horde but I would be willing to roll an NE druid just for some RP fun times.

MoonCleric

#20 » Post by MoonCleric » 13 Jul 2015 18:30

Ya I love RP, id have to roll a new character with an RP friendly name but would totally be into it =)

Indicted

#21 » Post by Indicted » 14 Jul 2015 07:14

I would be verymuch interested in this! :D
A Forbidden Love, Star-crossed Lovers
Repel Image and Image Cakrin

Repel - 60 Druid
<Maple Syrup>

Virunus
Donor

#22 » Post by Virunus » 16 Jul 2015 06:32

Here's a URL for a 3.3.5 version of FlagRSP2. I didn't get into RP until Cataclysm, so I don't know if that was the most popular option back then or not, but here it is, I'm running it now and its working fine, as far as I can tell:

http://www.wowace.com/addons/flag-rsp2/files/237-r132/

Here's the WoWwiki page for stats on the different races. Its using very old information, so if its been retconned or otherwise changed or clarified since then, it could be outdated:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Roleplaying_stats

Here's the unofficial lore event timeline:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Timeline_(unofficial)

I'm looking at attempting to start a guild just to kind of congregate any roleplayers who are willing to forsake joining one of the "big" guilds. No specific theme or organized events, more of a phonebook listing of people you know would be interested in some roleplay at some point. Chat channels (/join LFRP, as mentioned before) are great, but aren't as err.. idk.. permanent? Its hard to properly moderate a chat channel, and being in a guild may attract attention from those who don't know of the chat channel.

Completely unrelated, because I was tired of my PrimalWoW shortcut using the default WoW icon, a shoddy cutout of that icon on the navigation bar if you want it:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details ... titled.ico

Kuruma

#23 » Post by Kuruma » 16 Jul 2015 17:27

Hi Virunus! I like your idea of a roleplay guild. Which faction were you thinking of creating it on?

By the way, thanks for sharing those links

Virunus
Donor

#24 » Post by Virunus » 16 Jul 2015 22:47

I'm looking at Alliance, mostly because I prefer Alliance, but also theres a bigger pool of players there right now. It's gonna be tough getting it formed, since RP is bound to be a pretty niche thing on the realm, at least until theres a lot more people around. I'm holding a charter right now, just planning on posting a few times a day, I don't want to spam people about it, but if you catch me online and are interested hit me up!

Toon: Avra

Update: Guild is up and running on Alli side. Member count is obviously very bare, and as I'm just getting into the leveling process I can't even afford to set up the tabard yet, but its the first thing I'll do when I have the 10 gold. Aptly named <Roleplayer>, mostly following the idea that others would see the tag and recognize that the person might be interested in RP.

I'll set up another thread in the 'Roleplaying' subforum specifcally about this.

Edit: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 51#p172551