A story of TW

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Teraan

Re: A story of TW

#46 » Post by Teraan » 25 Apr 2015 22:44

SyntaxError wrote:
I agree with Belendor? Although I heavily suspect Bluebell in using tongue-in-cheek here liberally as I believe it is more stubbornness than a way with words that allows you to have your way when it comes to debates.
Bluedude has a crush on me.
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

belendor

#47 » Post by belendor » 26 Apr 2015 02:41

Teraan wrote:
SyntaxError wrote:
I agree with Belendor? Although I heavily suspect Bluebell in using tongue-in-cheek here liberally as I believe it is more stubbornness than a way with words that allows you to have your way when it comes to debates.
Bluedude has a crush on me.
obviously :p
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Knewklear
Donor

#48 » Post by Knewklear » 26 Apr 2015 05:48

Nicely done, again, Blue. I can't wait for the next piece!

Ragnorak
Donor

#49 » Post by Ragnorak » 27 Apr 2015 04:53

Ffs, i keep refreshing the forums hourly hoping the next chapter is up so I can get my fix. Thx a lot Blue, you've literally ruined my life with this story.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Etro
Honorary Member

#50 » Post by Etro » 27 Apr 2015 06:16

Ragnorak wrote:Ffs, i keep refreshing the forums hourly hoping the next chapter is up so I can get my fix. Thx a lot Blue, you've literally ruined my life with this story.
Literally? :shock:

Lets start a kickstarter to help Ragnorak get back on his feet again.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

aceman611

#51 » Post by aceman611 » 27 Apr 2015 06:39

I see Smeldor is in the story :-0

There's always gotta be a dorf. And regarding that George R.R. Martin comment, feel free to kill me off - allies know I'm the "sacrificial dwarf". Although Tyrion is still alive and kicking in Game of Thrones, so maybe there's hope for me yet ;-)
Smeldor - Ret/Holy Paladin - The Original Dorf
Ivanka - DW Frost DPS/Blood Tank - Suffers from Dorf envy.
Dumboldorf - Dorf fire mage (Yes they exist!)
Smellycat - What are they feeding you? Currently lots of smelly scourge minions.

Ragnorak
Donor

#52 » Post by Ragnorak » 27 Apr 2015 06:53

Etro wrote: Literally? :shock:

Lets start a kickstarter to help Ragnorak get back on his feet again.

I need all the help i can get... I've already taken all of my family's life savings just to upgrade my internet to the point where i can refresh the forum page a thousandth of a second faster. I've also sold my kidneys just to get enough money to buy more ritalin for that laser sharp focus.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Bluebell
Former Staff

#53 » Post by Bluebell » 29 Apr 2015 20:35

It always ends up longer than I anticipate....oh well. There was a lot of speech in this one. Not sure if I put in enough descriptions to balance it out. Skipped the first bit, which was to be from Virdo's point of view, because otherwise would be too long.

As usual, any suggestions, or mistakes, please feel free to point them out, helps me improve! D:

Chapter 3 – Horn of the Arch Angel

People in this chapter:

Spoiler:
Teraan
Kapernakiss
Arockalypse
Belendor
Virdo
Gorecleave
Ragnarok
Horde public

Spoiler:
**Teraan**

Teraan stormed into the council chamber, slamming the doors open before screaming “Where is he?!”.

The emergency council had come together over the disappearance of Virdo the previous night. In reality, the meeting was a shambles as accusations flew across the room, and without Virdo to quell the arguments there was no structure to the discussions. With Syntax mere days away, rumours around the Horde began to speak that the Angels had killed Virdo, believing the Horde had distanced themselves too much from the Angels. It was believed that the Angels would implement chaos amongst the ranks, before coming down to put them back in their place. These claims were only heightened by witness reports claiming golden lights were seen leaving the city. These reports were dubious at best, most given by Gorecleave's men, who had now been given lodgings in Southern Orgrimmar. As the debates raged, Ragnarok finally had enough and stood up, pushing his chair away from the table.

“It was them, we know it was them, hide behind your children's stories and ancient myths of the Angels if you want, but we now know the true nature of the Angels!”, his hands waving in anger and clenching into a fist.

Kapernakiss sighed, one hand holding her head up, “Sit down you oaf” she replied looking at him, “Why would the Angels kill him? They're not that stupid, and he always believed in him what good does it bring them? Think with whatever left of a brain you have for once and not with your axe.”

Ragnarok, feeling aggravated slammed down on the table, “Damn it woman it's a battle-axe, why don't I show you? Then we'll see if the Angels care about your little faith.”

Kapernakiss rolled her eyes and the enraged soldier, slumping back in her chair and turning her head away from him, “Whatever, clown.” she sneered at his taunts.

After being dismissed, Ragnarok slumped down into his chair, the heavy armour clanging into it as he sat down. They had been sat in the room now for some time, and nothing had been done. Without Virdo, even the council members were lost, and the biggest day of the year was fast approaching.

“Someone must pay!” Demanded Ragnarok, still slumped in his char.

Teraan attempted to cool the situation, “ And they will, we just have to look into what happ-”

Angrily, Ragnarok snapped back at him “You know who it was. Make tomorrow's headlines all about this Angel treachery, Arockalypse tell him!”.

Arockalypse looked up glumly, “Well, the evidence does point towards the Angels but maybe we shouldn't jum-”

“You see?! Make everyone know it. This Syntax needs some talking to!” Ragnarok interrupted, getting up again and heading to the door, “Run the article tomorrow Teraan.”

As Ragnarok left, the others got up, Belendor remained in his seat and had been silent the entire time. Kapernakiss tapped him on the shoulder as she walked past.

“Why are you so silent? We need the Angels like they need us.” She asked him, he simply shrugged her hand off his shoulder.

As Kapernakiss walked out, Belendor grabbed Teraan's arm, “Go out and find whatever you can about Virdo's disappearance, find people outside the city to tell their story, come back soon after Syntax arrives with what you find.”, Teraan nodded back at him before leaving himself.

**Syntax**

Hastily, the Guardian pressed his dragon ride to land atop the meeting point in Orgrimmar. He looked down to see crowds of people waiting for him, all members of Horde society below waiting for his arrival. Glory landed on the ground and Syntax unstrapped himself, before sliding off the dragon.

As he reached the floor, he looked around for Belendor, where was the head of the Paladins he thought, it was his duty to meet him. In the middle of the crowd, Syntax stood, waiting for someone to greet him, but they just looked back at him. Suddenly, three people walked forward to him, he recognised Arockalypse and Ragnarok, but there was one figure dressed in black he did not know.

“Greetings, I have good news, but first where are the others? Should Belendor not be here to meet me? And your leader Virdo?” he asked as three walked towards him.

Ragnarok was angered by his apparent jibes, “Don't you dare taunt me Angel!” he screamed at the puzzled Syntax, before turning his walk to a sprint and raising his battle-axe.

Syntax quickly stepped back and raised his sword, it glistened in the Orgrimmar sun. He quickly blocked Ragnarok's axe, with the Horde councillor pressuring down on him with both hands. Syntax then summoned his staff from his other hand, and pushed it against Ragnarok's chest, forcing him back.

“You see?! He did it! He killed Virdo and now he means to destroy us all, kill the beast and arrest him at once” Ragnarok yelled to the crowd as he got up off his feet.

Syntax looked around, his face panic stricken by the events unfolding before him. Orgrimmar high guards restrained Glory, the crowd erupted into fighting as Orgrimmar guards clashed with Paladins loyal to the angels. It was then the dark figure walked towards Syntax.

Arockalypse helped Ragnarok up, looking around at the chaos surrounding them he asked “Are you sure about this?”

“Yes my friend,” he replied, “more sure than anything before.”

Gorecleave took his sword out, it was long with red swirling lines dancing around it, and raised it at the Angel. Syntax's eyes opened, he could see whatever this was, it was not from the Horde. After a brief flurry, Gorecleave's sword snapped Syntax's shortsword and the Angel fell to his feet.

“You can't do this, don't you know who I am? You'll pay, you'll all pay! Think about what you're doing!” he begged as the crowd fought around him, “Your weapons can't harm me!”

Gorecleave smiled down at him and stabbed him through the chest, the dancing swirls turned and spun in the opposite direction, draining life from the Angel.

**Teraan**

After days of search, Teraan had recovered enough evidence to support a defence for the angels. Perhaps his most worrying find was not that the Angels were innocent, but that witnesses had been forced out of Orgrimmar by fear, and claimed they saw people matching Gorecleave's description taking Virdo. Teraan and his loyal Paladin guards rushed towards the capital to warn the other members about their new friend's intentions. At this point it was merely speculation, but with good reason Teraan wanted the knight for questioning.

As they reached the great gates of Orgrimmar, he noticed many guards posted outside it. The walls stood tall, a daunting landmark in the barren lands of Durotar, mighty flags hung on their sides showing the Horde insignia. Teraan figured the guards were there because of Virdo's disappearance and Syntax's arrival, meaning the city was on high security. Yet, something about some of these guards was different, they did not seem to be TrueWoWvians but wearing heavier, black amour. As he approached, they blocked his path.

“I am Teraan, member of the high Horde council, let me in at once, I have important information for the others!” He demanded of the guards.

“No one gets in, no one gets out, that's our orders”, they smirked as more surrounded the Paladins.

Teraan began to argue with them, he noticed many of them were Warzone Warriors, always eager to further their position they often blindly followed orders. He got down from his steed as his fellow Paladins followed suit and closed ranks around him. They could hear the commotion from inside the city and began questioning the guards to let them in. After much commotion, the horn of the Arch Angel was blown, and Teraan looked up.

“Kapernakiss...” he whispered shocked.

**Kapernakiss**

During the time of the Guardian visit, the church of Orgrimmar was left empty but for the head of the priests. Most others either attended duties behind the scenes or went to witness the event. It was here that Kapernakiss was alone. Until the doors slammed open.

“Belendor?” she asked as the Paladin walked into the room, “What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Syntax?”.

Belendor said nothing, simply marched straight forward to her. Unlike custom, he had put on his armour in place of the ritual robes for meeting the Angels. As he reached Kapernakiss in the middle of the church, he hugged her and whispered into her ear.

“Forgive me, Kap”, she hugged him back, unsure of what he was asking forgiveness for.

As she began to ask what for, she felt it. Belendor's sword penetrated her stomach, clean through her, she could feel it, her blood dripped onto the stone floor. Kapernakiss was shocked, the high Paladin killing a priest in the church? This was blasphemy of the highest order. Her eyes began to close and she lost control, before she snapped them open and pushed him away, an unseen force pushed Belendor back towards the door as she screeched at him.

It was then that Kapernakiss shunned her healing responsibilities and directed an attack at the Paladin. With one hand on her wound, she pointed the other at him and forced purple beams onto his head, flaying his mind. With this attack she could see in his head, see his thoughts as she waged war inside him.

“Belendor...why? These thoughts...these nightmares...why would you want any of this?” She asked as she saw visions of the future, the plans of Belendor.

Belendor forced his way up, the streaking beam pulsating into his mind and forcing him down, he slowly walked towards the injured priest “Nightmares?” he laughed, “These visions are my dreams, my hopes and aspirations”.

Kapernakiss could feel her power diminishing, the blow had weakened her and she could not keep her magical attack up much longer. Belendor finally reached her and she dropped to her knees before asking “What have you done?”

Belendor smiled down at her, sliced her chest again and threw her onto the altar at the top of the church. As she crashed onto the table, she rose above it with the Horn of the Arch Angel in her hand. This ancient artefact had been gifted to the Horde millennia ago, and could be heard all around the city. It would alert any Angel, Priest or Paladin of impending danger to those that followed the holy path. It had not been blown since anyone could recall. Belendor saw her pick it up, and sprinted towards her, before he could reach her she blew it, and then collapsed. The sound vibrated around the church and pushed Belendor back to the ground as he raised his shield to cover it.

**Teraan**

As soon as Teraan heard this, he drew his sword and killed the first guard in his way, before turning to the second and giving him the same fate.

“Out of my way!” He screamed, “Kapernakiss, I'm coming!”

The other Paladins drew their swords and began fighting the surrounding guards, Teraan's captain nodded at him. They created a path through the troops for Teraan to enter the city.

Most people were involved in the arrival of Syntax. Teraan looked around to see people fighting all around, the entire city had entered a civil war. He quickly ran towards the church. As he reached, the doors were already open, he drew his sword and entered slowly.

“What is this? Belendor? What's going on?” He asked, looking at the Paladin stood over the priest's body.

Belendor looked up at him, blood dripping from his sword. “The end, and the beginning” he jeered, as he kicked the horn from Kapernakiss's hands.

Teraan yelled angrily, and ran towards the alter. Wings on his back sprouting out in a flash of lights. Angels hand granted Paladins the ability to temporarily tap into their power, long ago, and it was shown by Angel wings glowing around the Paladins. Belendor smirked and sprint back. Wings appearing from his own back, albeit darker than Teraan's. The two ran into other, as Teraan swung his sword, Belendor blocked with his shield and attempted to slice with his own sword. Teraan parried it back and stepped back. Guards began to be heard outside the church and Teraan looked around nervously.

“You can't win, surrender and we might be able to help you” Belendor said to him, noticing his discomfort at the approaching men.

“Never, you may have forgotten your ways, but I know the truth, follow this Demon if you will, but I shall never stray from my path” he replied confidently, before running out of the church.

Belendor stood watching him leave, his sword firmly in his hand as he returned to pick up the horn. Guards entered the church armed with heavy weapons, “Should we follow him sir?”

“No” Belendor replied, crouched over the priest's body, “He will run, and hide, and vanish.”

Teraan ran through the city, seeing Paladin wings light up all across, and dim down as his brothers of the light were slain. He grabbed a TrueWoW banner from the stalls, jumped on a horse and ran out of the city, to meet up with his Paladin guard.

“We ride, we ride for Ashenvale, and tell anyone loyal about the horrors of what's inside. There is nothing left within those walls for us brothers.” He told his men, they nodded back at him, the surrounded Orgrimmar guards laid dead along the floor.

With Teraan leaving, and any other loyalists dead or fleeing, Angel power dripped out of Orgrimmar, and the Horde civil war had begun.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#54 » Post by Dymond » 30 Apr 2015 01:14

Spoiler :shock:

[hide]Nooooo, you can't kill Syntax and Kaper :([/hide]
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

SyntaxError
Former Staff

#55 » Post by SyntaxError » 30 Apr 2015 01:20

PLOT TWIST._.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!

Eisen
Donor

#56 » Post by Eisen » 30 Apr 2015 01:23

Finally I cameo! as "Horde public" huehue

I admire how you manage not to actually describe anything beyond basic impression that way people can slot whatever they know that person to look like (or think) into that role :d
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

belendor

#57 » Post by belendor » 30 Apr 2015 01:32

This is so bad D:. Mercy!
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

kapernakiss
Donor

#58 » Post by kapernakiss » 30 Apr 2015 01:41

Bele how could you :'(

Saddie

#59 » Post by Saddie » 30 Apr 2015 05:37

Hadn't checked the forums in forever and so glad I did now, this is awesome :D surprised to see teraan as the good guy and bele as the villain, one would expect it to be the other way around D: haha, awesome story though, can't wait for the next chapter ^_^

Knewklear
Donor

#60 » Post by Knewklear » 30 Apr 2015 05:53

Bringeth forth the Alliance, already! :( Still, nice writing, again :)
Last edited by Knewklear on 30 Apr 2015 07:03, edited 1 time in total.