A story of TW

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Bluebell
Former Staff

Re: A story of TW

#166 » Post by Bluebell » 21 May 2015 01:45

As said before, apologies for delays, been really busy :/ Eisen, you're still Alliance in my mind so shush. Any comments/suggestions please feel free to add, and let me know if you spot any mistakes!

People in this chapter:

Spoiler:
Rohan
Wilcox
Ragnorak
Voyonkor
Dymond
Doctor_J
Kindzadza
Nyeriah
Syntax
Chasity
Smeldor

Eisen
Gnurg
Obliviana

Chapter 6 - Reinforcements arrive
Spoiler:
**Dymond**

Around the great table of the high council they sat, the alarming news from Orgrimmar had caused an emergency session to be held. Dymond and Doctor had already taken their seats; their numbers had dwindled beyond recognition with the recent events. As they sat in silence patiently waiting for Kindzadza, the final member to arrive, the doors suddenly slammed open.

He strode into the chamber, golden armour illuminating the room and the bright white diamond sparkling off his pauldrons. Two white wings protruded slightly from his chest, the symbol of Angel society, a silver sword down the middle signifying the emblem of the army. Kindzadza was the military head of the Angels, however with peace throughout the land and no real threat his rank had been reduced to a purely ceremonial one as head of the Dalaran guard. On his back trailed a white cloak with golden trails around the edge, trailing just above the ground it flustered as the wind from outside entered the room.

“Where is Chasity? Does she know the peril she is in? We must begin preparations and arm every Angel for the worst” he demanded as he walked to his seat.

Dymond watched as he dragged his chair back, her face shared the distressed of Chasity’s pleas in Stormwind, “She’s in Stormwind. She is safe there” she replied,  “She knows what has happened and is instructing the Alliance, they are with us.”

“Is she?” Kindzadza quipped back at her, “Can we trust them? How do we know they won’t turn their backs like the Horde did to Syntax, these Demons turn people, they’re dangerous”.

Dymond sighed, the stressed getting to her, but with no other figures in the chamber she knew she had to be the voice to speak up, “We know, Kindz, we know. We have been reading the ancient scriptures about them and we are in contact with Chasity.” she calmly said back to him.

The two then looked to the last remaining council member present, Doctor had not spoken at all, it was in this time of need they looked to him for wisdom and guidance. His white and gold hooded robe covered his head as he looked down at the table, yet he smiled when they looked to him. His head slowly rose up and the hood fell from it, his aged eyes looked straight forward between the two Angels.

Finally, he cryptically whispered “For a hero to rise the world must fall.” Kindzadza and Dymond were forced to lean in to hear the words he ushered “Lights must fade before they can shine and traitors must flourish before they can redeem”, he was then reduced to a maniacal laughter as his head lowered back down back into silence.

They looked at him puzzled as his passage came to an end, retracted a bit from their forward positions before looking at each other. Kindzadza shook his head and clutched his sword, the hilt adorned with gold and blue; he swirled around and headed for the door. His long cloak waved up and down, when he reached the doors, still wide open from his previous entrance he turned back to the table.

“All I heard was our world will fall, and it Dalaran will never fall on my watch. If you need me I’ll be in the armoury, prepare to fight with me or run like Nyeriah” he told Dymond before descending down the stairs.

Dymond looked to Doctor, still silent under his hood, before getting up herself. She thought about asking him for advice but knew he would not reply. She then sheepishly walked out of the chamber, her robes dragging along the floor

**Wilcox**

Footsteps thundered across the wooden boards as he ships docked into Theramore’s port. The sound of their feet stomping closer relieved the Alliance battle line, breathing a fresh air of confidence throughout their ranks.  Every soldier now stared at the buckling door as the Horde slammed into it; they gripped their spears, their swords and their bows in anticipation for the oncoming fight.

Their new unwavering resolve held as the wooden reinforcements on the gate splintered, parts flew off and yet still they stood waiting. Embers from outside warmed the air, forcing sweat from their brows. The remainder of their fellow soldiers, stranded on the fortifications became surrounded by the Horde overcoming the ramparts. They could now fully see the men who wished for their deaths, staring them in the face. The final hammer blow from the mighty battering ram smashed the gate open. Suddenly the threat of the horde above seemed low in comparison to the enraged men storming the gates.

Without hesitation the enraged mob, led by Ragnorak roared before dropping the heavy ram and marching into the courtyard. As they pushed the leftovers of the destroyed gate out of the way it signaled for more troops to charge the bridge. The entire Orgrimmar army now bottle necked into Theramore and into Wilcox’s column.

Despite their new found confidence, Wilcox noticed the men around him may begin to falter amidst the ferocity of the incoming troops. The Horde were truly terrifying, enough to shake even the strongest of men, their angry expressions exemplified their passion for fighting. Focused eyes showed the blood rage that took over them and their lust for battle, the spikes on their heavy armour only a reminder of the brutal nature of their society and warfare. With Ragnorak leading the charge he commanded his most mighty warriors, only those who shared his thirst for glory and the heads of their enemies were permitted to stand by his side in battle, Voyonkor followed with the rest of the troops.

“Hold firm my comrades! The fight shall soon be over!” he shouted into the crowd, “Survive this night and we shall drink for a thousand days!”

Front line troops took a few steps back and lowered their spears, their silver tips glistening in the moon lit night sky, ready for the Horde. The enemy were now a few metres away and each man began to tremble watching them slowly come forward. Ragnorak inspected his axe menacingly, as if to sharpen the blade even more, unnerving the watching Alliance troops who stuttered back and forth.

Moments later his axe dropped to his side and raised his arm with two fingers pointing to the skies, he quickly jolted it back down and roared at the Alliance column. They looked up to see a hail of arrows coming down onto them, as their friends around fell to the ground, armour punctured by arrows, their eyes locked back onto Ragnorak’s forces who now turned their walk into a stampede.  Desperately the Alliance troops tried to fix their formation, but the archers had broken the phalanx, without true discipline they resorted to barbaric tactics and headed for one on one combat.

The Alliance had their own archers at the back of the group giving support, Wilcox charged forward as they fired arrows onto the Horde back line. He swung his mighty sword through one of Ragnorak’s guards before ducking under another’s axe. His sword quickly became engulfed in blood as it carved through the horde lines. For the moment the Alliance were holding, Wilcox’s fighting brought confidence to those around him as they saw him weaving in and out of incoming attacks. As the battle raged, a dark mist came over the fighting and it became hard for the soldiers to see but a few feet on front of their own eyes.

**Gnurg**

Far from the fighting upon the rough seas, Captain Gnurg looked on from the Alliance flagship Saviour, her tarnished iron armour and sword sheathed at her side were dirtied from a lifetime of fighting. Her dirty blonde hair tied up into a ponytail swayed in the wind as she watched the fires of Theramore light up her horizon as the wind swept the ships forward. Her troops quickly scrambled for their armaments ready for the upcoming battle. Reinforcements from Stormwind approached the Alliance outpost; the hulking brown ship sped through the waters, with two more to the sides, to the aid of Wilcox’s troops.  Clanging of steel and iron rattled throughout the galleys, but a fog soon overcame the speeding vessels.

“Captain, ships seem to be docking already, reinforcements already sent?” inquired her first lieutenant Eisen.

Gnurg unpacked her telescope for a closer inspection, before turning to her men, “Black sails...Those are the ships we shooed from Stormwind, but far more than we ever anticipated. We are not equipped to take on both the Horde and that many of those Demon folk. Turn these ships around at once!” she instructed.
Eisen looked at her concerned, “But Mam, we have orders to relieve Wilcox and his”.

Gnurg promptly interrupted him, “We have orders to help Wilcox fight the Horde, do you see any Horde? We are outmatched and do not even know what we are up against. We are going to Stormwind.”

Eisen nodded back to her, “At once Captain”, he then commanded the flagship to turn, and sent the orders to the surrounding ships.

**Ragnorak**

As the Alliance and Horde became locked in battle, Ragnorak was slicing through the weak Alliance troops two at a time, the ships earlier spotted finally docked into the harbour. Hundreds of soldiers dressed in dark black armour stormed into Theramore, their boots splashing onto the mud as they marched on. Alerted harbour guards attempted to flee in panic but realised too late. The battalion spread throughout the town and made way for the courtyard, flanking the Alliance troops.

Archers towards the back of Wilcox’s line were able to pin down the Horde advance, giving the soldiers time to fight lower numbers of Horde troops. With the hope of Stormwind reinforcements coming they battled on in belief that they could win. It was then that the Demon army smashed into the flank of the Theramore guard, quickly removing the threat of the archers. Fear swept through the Alliance ranked as they began to realise what was happening. Wilcox looked up to see banners of black approaching, he heard the screams of his men as their hope turned to plight and he spotted Ragnorak cutting down the frontline of his small army. With little left to lose he quickly ran towards the juggernaut of the Horde, lifting his sword up and sweeping aside any enemies in his path, Ragnarak looked up to see the Gladiator charging at him and smiled.

Wilcox’s sword still gleamed in the moonlight, the green gem of his sword was clear to see, a beacon in the dark mist as he got closer to Ragnorak, who simply stood up straight despite the blood shed around him. He picked his battle-axe up with two hands, scraping it out of an Alliance soldier before stepping to the side.

Behind him stood Horde crossbowmen, they fired straight forward into the crowd, hitting the sprinting Wilcox and piercing his armour. Wilcox’s knee dropped to the ground, before he forced himself back up and staggered forward again. The crossbowmen reloaded and unloaded again, bringing the Gladiator to the point of being unable to stand. He looked around to see his men being cut down, his town on fire and two armies surrounding his position. Ragnorak confidently strolled up to him; Wilcox tried to raise his sword in defence only for the Horde war chief to snap it from his hands. Ragnorak simply pushed him to the ground with two fingers and laughed  as the remainder of his men rushed forward and took the town for the Horde.

**Rohan**

Oblivana noticed light shining from the windows of the war room tower in the middle of the night. She walked up and into the room to find Rohan poised over the table, a map of the world with ships and troops positioned around it. He seemed deep in thought as she watched him think, sat alone with his figurines under the blue slate roof which spiraled above them, only candles lighting up the white brick stone walls. Before she could ask footsteps came from behind her and a messenger brushed past.

“Sir, sir, word from Captain Gnurg” the messenger said as Rohan looked up, “She turned back, Theramore is taken, Black sails, too many” the boy told him lost for words.

Rohan was now looking at the boy, and nodded for him to leave, he quickly scuttled away. Rohan then turned to Obliviana and raised his head, signalling for her to question what he was doing.

“I thought you said not to go to Theramore? You sent Gnurg? Why? What’s happened” she asked him as she stepped further into the candle lit tower.

Rohan bobbed his head back into his maps, “Me and Chasity had a little chat after our meeting. I was wrong. We should stand by our friends at Theramore, we are the Alliance, a united peoples. I sent Gnurg to aid the Gladiator with the defence of the town, but I was too late. Theramore has gone; the Demons and Horde have combined their armies and crushed what little defences. I have failed them, I should have acted sooner and sent more men.” His hands held his head in sorrow.

Oblivana walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulders, feeling the cold steel of his shoulder pads. With her other hand she picked up his figurines of Alliance troops and placed them onto Stormwind before tapping on the city of Ironforge.

“It was not your fault, it was all of our’s, now is not the time for thinking of mistakes. Plan for the future, you were right, we must fortify the city. We still have friends in Ironforge” she assured him.

Rohan looked up to the map and held figures placed on Ironforge in his hand, “Yes, we must hold. Send word to Lord Smeldor of Ironforge, tell him to gather his army. They will march on Stormwind next, and we need the full might of the Alliance to stop them.”
Last edited by Bluebell on 25 May 2015 00:49, edited 3 times in total.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#167 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 21 May 2015 02:01

finally.... now I can go sleep and cry
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Eisen
Donor

#168 » Post by Eisen » 21 May 2015 08:20

What is Grung? Is she a gnome? D: What am I? D:
And it's orrite, this one's cleavage is quite memorable after all.

Not sure how I feel about serving under Gnurg :|
Last edited by Eisen on 21 May 2015 08:26, edited 2 times in total.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

SyntaxError
Former Staff

#169 » Post by SyntaxError » 21 May 2015 08:23

I was right! Of course it would not have been GoT enough if you didn't promise enough false hope xD
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!

Wilcox

#170 » Post by Wilcox » 21 May 2015 08:47

i got betrayed by gnurg and a gang of niggers? am i ded now q.q

and why the fuck wont those freaking hunters allow me to rape ragnorak in single combat duuuhhbb.. i feel like boromir. defending a bunch of shitty dwarven soldiers. except boromir was defending hobbits at least they threw stones and shit

Ragnorak
Donor

#171 » Post by Ragnorak » 21 May 2015 11:02

Wilcox wrote:why the fuck wont those freaking hunters allow me to rape ragnorak in single combat duuuhhbb
It's cause "the lion does not concern himself with the opinions of a sheep" -Tywin Lannister. Gotta get on my level if you wanna face me breh.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Wilcox

#172 » Post by Wilcox » 21 May 2015 11:45

lol you're not a lion you're just a cow.

Ragnorak
Donor

#173 » Post by Ragnorak » 21 May 2015 12:19

Well ye if you're going to take it literally you got rekt by a cow /flex
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Wilcox

#174 » Post by Wilcox » 21 May 2015 13:04

duel me fgt. your hunters prevented 1v1 because they knew i would rape you!

Lestata of Kraljevo

#175 » Post by Lestata of Kraljevo » 22 May 2015 19:19

i love how many girls are on alliance side :)
[hide]Lestata
Lestatah

Skyless
Dana
Fenrira
Jabberwocky
Shnenokla
Devon[/hide]

Zan

#176 » Post by Zan » 22 May 2015 23:59

Lestata of Kraljevo wrote:i love how many girls are on alliance side :)
Makes pillaging a lot more fun.
Zan Zanny Zanney

Bluebell
Former Staff

#177 » Post by Bluebell » 24 May 2015 22:28

So much to cover and so many plot lines diverging, hard to keep track/write them all down. But had time to write this one, it might be a bit heavy as there's a lot of new characters introduced.

People in this chapter:

Spoiler:
Justicelight
Merkava
Smeldor
Knewklear
Nazz
Greensmoker
Darchow
Marick
Arockalypse
Fivecapz
Icedmilk
Happypanda*
Belendor
Random SM Paladins
Ragnorak
Gorecleave
Chasity
Rohan
Virdo

*HappyPanda is MadPanda, not having that ridiculous name in the story!

Chapter 7 - The Message Spreads
Spoiler:
**Belendor**

The ground shook as the hooves of Belendor’s elite law enforcement dashed around the country side, a barren land of sandy and rolling hills for miles to see. With Ragnorak tearing down the last remnants of Alliance resistance on the Horde dominated continent at the battle of Theramore, all that was left was any traitors Hordes fleeing Orgrimmar. Terror became synonymous with the sheer noise of their steeds, once noble horses now transformed into malformed abominations. The thudding of hooves suddenly stopped; they had found another; they surrounded her and knocked her to the ground.

Broken, the warrior struggled to her feet, the dusty plains of the barrens clouding her eyes. Without Orgrimmar or Thunderbluff for security the world was a harsh environment for anyone. She looked up to see the mounted Belendor, his horse’s armour shattered and burnt as flames erupted from the around its body, flickering and dancing in the face of the tired man. It sniffed her, the breeze knocking back his her long black hair as similar horses circled around.

“What is your name?” Belendor asked, nudging his horse forward slightly, before becoming impatient and snarling “Your name!”.

Wiping her face, the warrior took a step back and spit onto the hooves of Belendor’s mount, “There’s my name you scum”, she uttered.

Suddenly, one of the riders pushed into the circle, nudging him out of the way before tracing around her and drawing his sword, pointing the tip at her neck, “He asked you a question. When Lord Belendor asks you a question, you are best answering it” said the Belendorian, pushing his blade closer forcing blood.

“What are you? His body double?” jeered the warrior, producing a sarcastic smile from the rider, “My name is Icedmilk and” she answered.

“That’s better” interrupted Belendor, before nodding to the knight MadPanda mounted behind Icedmilk, “That’s one off the list then,”.

Icedmilk looked up at him puzzled, she then quickly started to turn and draw his sword as a rider dressed in black and purple armour stabbed him from behind dropping him down to his knees. His face landed firmly back down onto the sand covered ground, his hands clenched the dirty grains as she tried to force himself back up. The rider un-mounted, sword still lodged in Icedmilk’s back, twisting it and causing excruciating pain as the rider smiled in delight, looking at his leader. Belendor nodded down to him to finish the job, his eyes blinking at the sliding noise of flesh against the cold steel as it grinded out of Icedmilk’s body. She twitched slightly before becoming lifeless. Belendor then pulled the reins of his warhorse and turned around heading off into the distance. MadPanda kicked the body in the chest before returning to his horse and following the others.

**Merkava**

After a long journey through the mountains of the East, Merkava finally arrived at the holy shrine of the Eastern Plageland. His shining armour had become dirty, covered in splashes of dirt and snow during his trip, his exhausted horse limped down the final path as knights rushed to meet him. Paladins dressed in golden armour appeared around him wearing white tabards bearing the mark of the Angels, golden wings with a staff down the centre, wielding blue axes with a red glow. They helped Merkava off his horse and escorted him to the chapel as stable hands hurriedly took the horse away for water.

He walked with them past the Holy lands, only to see it had fallen into ruin, what was once a prosperous hub of Angel worship appeared decrepit and ruined, buildings torn down and the land scorched. Mist and darkness covered the air leaving it hard to see, yet the destruction could not be missed. Only one light ahead could be seen, illuminating the darkness. They finally came to the chapel, a grey brick building with mosaic glass stain windows. He came to the Angel insignia held aloft the spire, it gleamed golden and shone bright a light for all to see. As they entered the structure, Merkava put his hand on his heart as he entered beneath it. The knights allowed him to enter alone and returned to their posts, candles lit up the chapel yet it seemed dark in comparison to the light of outside.

Merkava looked around, there was a long table down the centre of the room with a red rug beneath it, and candles dotted around the room gave little light, their wax eroded onto their holders as they came to the end of their tether. Shields and swords decorated the walls on either side making up the space between the grand stein glass windows. Towards the back of the room, a large picture could just be made out, a painting of the great city of Dalaran with its grand towers and purple domes, a sight no mortal man had seen in person.

“It’s good to see you old friend” said a voice lurking in the dark, a Paladin in shining silver armour with golden stripes around his shoulders walked forward to meet him.

The two met in the centre and hugged as their armour clanged, “It’s good to see you too Justice, I did not know where else to go”.

Justicelight was the Arch Paladin of the realm, the senior to both Belendor and Merkava. He commanded the only known holy mortal force in the world, people so devout they released all ties to any tribe and vowed to remain faithful in the Plaglands. They resided in this chapel and the surrounding town and protected the nearby villages, paladins and priests often came on a pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime to this holy place.

Justice turned and ushered for Merkava to walk with him up the table around the room, “Times are tough, I am glad you are here. No doubt you have heard of Syntax’s fate, the Angels are scared that their hold on us is going. Their power is tied to how we view them, and with the Horde separating themselves from the faith they have lost a great deal of power. And soon all their power will dissipate when Stormwind falls…”

“You think Stormwind will fall?” asked Merkava cutting him off, worried for his friends in the capital.

“It has been foretold, the world must fall for a hero to rise. Only then will the lights of the world shine through the darkness” calmly replied Justice, “You think about going back to save them, but you cannot, there is no time. Your journey has yet to be written.”

Merkava came to a stop at the head of the table, whilst Justice kept on walking, “Stormwind cannot fall. Chasity defends it and Rohan is the greatest military leader in the known world. How can the Horde take the city?”.

The Arch Paladin reached the arched doorway before turning back to Merkava and smiling, “Perhaps we underestimate the Alliance, perhaps you are right. Perhaps, they can hold the city against all odds. We shall see my friend”. He then left the chapel, leaving Merkava alone in the dark room to pray to the Angels for his friends in Stormwind.

**Arockalypse**

Darchow and Arockalypse entered the council chamber. Arockalypse sat in the Virdo’s old seat, thinking about the time that had passed since then. So much had changed and friends had gone, yet he sat in the same room. As Gorecleave had promised, Arockalypse was made chief of Orgrimmar, the political head of the Horde. His brother Darchow finally became a fully-fledged member of the Horde and instated as the head of Thunderbluff, the final city of Silvermoon was placed under the leadership of Marick, a reward for siding with Belendor at the time of the rebellion. It was in this room that the 3 leaders of the cities sat waiting for their meeting.

Guards outside readied their axes and polearms preventing anyone from entering as strangers approached. A guard put his head through the dome room to inform the leaders of the visitors, and Arockalypse nodded back in approval for them to be permitted entry.

“Presenting Nazz of Shadow” announced the guard.

A trio of men entered, pushing the soldier out of the way before he could finish. Nazz, a hulking man came in and wore a multi coloured robe of green, red and blue forming intricate patterns, his shoulder pads made of sapphire gems gave him an even bigger presence. He took his seat, flanked by the small Fivecapz who twiddled a dagger in his hands and the aged Greensmoker dressed in dark green robes, propped up by his withered staff. They were the representatives of the guild Shadows of the Night, a small group comparable to bandits comprised of elite warriors. They had been outlaws in the time of Virdo, allowed entry into Orgrimmar only for a short time but never given the right to land. Knowing that they could spark trouble for the New Horde, Arockalypse had decided to attempt to broker a deal with them.

“Please, take a seat” Arockalypse told them, despite them already sat down, their reputation for being rude and disrespectful preceded them, “Long have your people been nomads, wandering our lands. Today I believe, we believe, you should join the New Horde and live among us as one peoples”.

Fivecapz laughed at Arockalypse, looking to Nazz and shaking his head, “You can’t be serious, you dragged me here for this? What is this game you are playing Arockalypse? Who are these dark men who guard you, did you not think we noticed? You seek to control us, make us your own!” he sneered at Arockalypse.

Nazz sighed at his compatriot, “Calm your tongue Fivecapz.” The stubborn Fivecapz folded his arms and sulked, staring into the thatched roof, “We will not join your cause Chief, but we shall take your land.”

Arockalypse sat back in his chair and sought council from the other leaders. They knew that the men who stood in front of them were dangerous, a rebellion from them could take its toll on the New Horde, and with Ragnorak leading the army against Stormwind they needed allies now more than ever.

As they discussed the matter to themselves, Greensmoker stood up and slammed his staff onto the floor causing them to look up, “I am tired of your talking. Give us the land to the south of Orgrimmar, the Valley known to your people as The Trials”.
The leaders looked at each other and nodded, before looking back at him “And for this you would stay quiet?” inquired Darchow.

Nazz grinned “Quiet enough”, his arm stretched out across the table and shook Arockalypse’s hand, Marick shook Greensmoker’s in turn and Darchow went to shake Fivecapz, only to be met with a raised eyebrow and folded arms.

Shadows of the Night members then left the room; Nazz shoved the guard back to the ground out of his way and laughed as he hit the floor. They strolled past the combination of demonic knights and Orgrimmar guards and left the city. Meeting up with their caravan, they informed their friends of the news and made their way to their new home, the Valley of the Trials.

**Smeldor**

Sat at the messenger post, Knewklear watched the troops outside march up and down the winding corridors of Ironforge. He longed to be in battle, for the glory, to prove himself, yet his family background and his stature left him in the lowly position of messenger. In front of him stood some little toy soldiers, he played with them imaging himself as a brave warrior. Finally, a carrier bird arrived enclosed with the royal seal of Stormwind. He unwrapped it and immediately dashed down the stairs to the high seat.

Ironforge was a mighty stronghold, born deep inside a mountain, the architecture was renowned around the world for its ingenuity. Great arcs of red stone held the mountain at bay, while the floor was paved with brown and orange tiles. It was said that sometimes you could hear the mountain roar and tremor; legends told that this was where the first dragons came to life. It was a city with a deep military history, compulsory service for the able bodied, and the wealthiest profession was that of the blacksmiths. Within the mountain lay volcanic lava, purified and directed into the great forge giving credence to the city’s name. Ironforge was the backbone of the Alliance’s army, in both men and arms.

Knewklear arrived frantically into the High Seat, room of Lord Smeldor the leader of the Ironforge. Part of the Inquisition guild he was born in Ironforge and voted to be its leader, he sat on a grey stone chair, covered in an orange feathered rug. Behind him the wall was covered with a large orange banner, embroidered into it the emblem of Ironforge, a hammer with a circle around it. Knewklear sprinted up to Smeldor, the guards stepping aside as he waved the emblem of Stormwind in front of him, he then bowed as he got to the seat.

Smeldor, a short strong man with an orange beard looked down at him, “What brings you here Knewk?”.

The messenger looked up and rose to his feet, “A message from Stormwind sir, they call for aid at once! Horde has taken the port of Theramore, Demons! Angels dying!” he tried to continued but was lost for words and breath.

Smeldor looked at him and beckoned him forward, Knewklear stepped sheepishly up the stone stairs to his seat and handed him the parchment. Smeldor read it, his face turning sour as he processed the situation. Ironforge were not in touch with the Angels as Stormwind were, yet the murder of one was still hard to bear. After messing with his beard and rereading to make sure his worries were true, he looked back up to his chamber. He picked up his hammer from the side of his chair, a great block of silver encased in orange, the leather handle showing orange twirls around it and got up from his chair.

Knewklear stepped out of the way as Smeldor stepped down from his throne and walked out of the chamber. Guards bowed as he walked through the arc into the centre of Ironforge, marching troops and bypasses the same all ceased their actions and bowed. Onto the great forge he stood, lava dripping around him, slamming the hammer onto the anvil sent echoes around the mountain, with all looking to him he cleared his throat.

“Stormwind calls for help. Our friends call for help. Our enemies call at their door steps. My brave soldiers, this is the moment we were born for. Ride with me to face our foes. Our mountain roars, now let us roar with it” he triumphantly said, and then slammed the hammer onto the anvil again sending vibrations around the city only to be deafened by the cheers of the people around him. The city of war prepared for battle.
Last edited by Bluebell on 25 May 2015 16:24, edited 3 times in total.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Nazz
Donor

#178 » Post by Nazz » 24 May 2015 22:56

Bluebell wrote:“Please, take a seat” Arockalypse told them, despite them already sat down, their reputation for being rude and disrespectful preceded them.
Nailed it. You got a gift.

Arockalypse
Donor

#179 » Post by Arockalypse » 25 May 2015 02:49

I hope we get to hear about Dymond's Bovine in the story :D
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Matsy

#180 » Post by Matsy » 25 May 2015 03:14

Good so far, only thing missing is me! :P
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own