Progression on LK heroic?

Share your victories and discuss tactics, encounters and group composition, and look to future challenges for your band of heroes.
hoboslayerx

Progression on LK heroic?

#1 » Post by hoboslayerx » 21 Oct 2011 05:36

(This may be wrong section but the subject pertains to raids and dungeons so i figured it was ok)

Has anyone on the server started progressing on heroic LK yet?

I'm asking because i just started playing as a request from some friends and i would like to attempt heroic progression before the server is already done.

Atm, i am only level 22, but what do you ladies and gentlemen of this server think my chances of my group getting to 80 and progressing to heroic modes in icc before its all dead?

Keep in mind i am a pre-cataclysm light of dawn and bane, as well as heroic halion 10/25. speaking of halion, is he out and available?

I thank you all for your input and im looking forward to it.

Bluebell
Former Staff

Re: Progression on LK heroic?

#2 » Post by Bluebell » 21 Oct 2011 06:16

Up until now, only one group has killed the Lich king in 10 player mode, and 3 members got bugged so we're currently unable to do heroic mode. Hopefully that'll be fixed.

And to be honest, I'm not sure. It was very tense for us and we were quite dedicated to get it done. However once people get to know the tactics, within a month or so you never know, pugs might be downing the LK. Hard to say really. But you need to do kill the LK in ICC10 normal before going to heroic.

In short, from writing this post no group has done anything in ICC10 heroic.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Intervention
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Intervention » 21 Oct 2011 08:27

Not to mention only 2 guilds have ever downed Blood Queen in 25man as far as i am aware and only 2-3 groups have even gotten to the Lich King and as said above, only 1 has downed him and that was only today and maybe a second down tonight as my group continues...but who knows... You have plenty of time.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Crysicle
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Crysicle » 21 Oct 2011 16:36

Please also note that to enter the HC version, you need to have killed the LK itself on 10man. Usualy just 1 person needed to down the LK in order for the whole raid to enter the HC version but the attunament is bugged.
Movies you might not have seen:
Magnolia                                 Mr. Nobody                               Hunger
The Fountain                          Das Experiment                        The Man from Nowhere
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil        Die Welle                                   World's Greatest Dad
Brick                                      Das Leben der Anderen           IP Man
Remember Me                       We Need to Talk About Kevin   Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring
Felon                                     Babel                                         Dog Pound

Mithrandir

#5 » Post by Mithrandir » 21 Oct 2011 21:21

Intervention wrote:Not to mention only 2 guilds have ever downed Blood Queen in 25man as far as i am aware and only 2-3 groups have even gotten to the Lich King and as said above, only 1 has downed him and that was only today and maybe a second down tonight as my group continues...but who knows... You have plenty of time.
Perhaps only two guilds, but there's other raids with reserved spots that have downed the queen too, multiple times. (ravoness, for example)

Matsy

#6 » Post by Matsy » 21 Oct 2011 22:05

bluebell wrote:However once people get to know the tactics, within a month or so you never know, pugs might be downing the LK
Since when does any of ICC require tactics? All it requires is for the group to not be stupid, which gets hard sometimes considering the people we have to work with most the time.
As far as I'm concerned ICC is easy, you don't have to put any effort in what so ever for any bit of it.

Anyway, as was said, only 1 person needs to down LK for a group to go in, dunno if that works here though.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Bluebell
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Bluebell » 21 Oct 2011 22:12

Matsy wrote:
bluebell wrote:However once people get to know the tactics, within a month or so you never know, pugs might be downing the LK
Since when does any of ICC require tactics? All it requires is for the group to not be stupid, which gets hard sometimes considering the people we have to work with most the time.
As far as I'm concerned ICC is easy, you don't have to put any effort in what so ever for any bit of it.

Anyway, as was said, only 1 person needs to down LK for a group to go in, dunno if that works here though.
To the simple minded, not standing in fire is a lesson in tactical masterclass.

hoboslayerx

#8 » Post by hoboslayerx » 21 Oct 2011 23:04

Thanks for all the input guys, looking foreward to progressing and hopefully my skillsets and my groups skillsets will be able to manage a server 1st! What are the reset dates for raids? every day or every week like retail?

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 21 Oct 2011 23:09

Matsy, just let the people believe that they at least have one thing in life in which they are good :P

Bluebell
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Bluebell » 21 Oct 2011 23:51

Evidently being funny isn't one of yours

Elesshar

#11 » Post by Elesshar » 21 Oct 2011 23:52

lol Matsy...
If it was like that how come u werent in the raid that did him 1st?or the one that did SIndy 1st?
And im pretty sure we all remember how proud some ppl were after killing BQ 25.Which ofc requires no skill.Does it?

Solstice

#12 » Post by Solstice » 22 Oct 2011 01:04

That doesn't have anything to do with his skill.
Hope you know that The Lich King fight (bugged or not) is not nearly as simple as the rest of the raid.
Its sad to see some people can't simply congratulate the ones that did some acomplishment (whether you think its a good one or not). Anyway, i don'T want to go more off topic then this whole post is already going.

On another note, as soon as we get news from Roel, about giving credit to my guildmates that participated on the fall of Arthas, i may start organizing the 10 player heroic runs :) wish us luck!

Solstice

#13 » Post by Solstice » 22 Oct 2011 01:34

Anyway, again this is going a bit off topic guyz :(, So far it seems one can'T get to LK without having the achievement, even if one that has it is in the same raid group. Another group on horde downed Sindy and are atm attemping LK :) who knows maybe they will be second group to down him

Cover25

#14 » Post by Cover25 » 22 Oct 2011 13:45

Im Really sick and tired of this god damn flame wars you keep starting locus. Stop Starting things out of pure bordem. Im Cleaning this topic

P.S. Its honestly pathetic that even after YOU LEFT Just because Horde downing BQ first and while leaving you insulted the group who Downed them and their Gems because YOU were mad. Let me tell you Locus You are Really one of the Lowest people in This community and you Are Damn well Not wanted here. Clean up your god damn act Or Get out

Matsy

#15 » Post by Matsy » 22 Oct 2011 13:56

Roel wrote:Matsy, just let the people believe that they at least have one thing in life in which they are good :P
But that's no fun :(
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own