Time-walking on TrueWoW?

Share your victories and discuss tactics, encounters and group composition, and look to future challenges for your band of heroes.
Fastor

Re: Time-walking on TrueWoW?

#16 » Post by Fastor » 15 Nov 2016 11:37

Gnurg wrote:Bump.

I want both positive and negative feedback.
Positive, this would increase number of features on this server. This feature would not gamebreak entire experience or any part since it would be on on/off command.

Negative, l think its bit too late for this.

Fretykso

#17 » Post by Fretykso » 15 Nov 2016 18:08

Better for server to go Cata/MOP already and that problem will be solved plus no one can stop the time anyway so sooner or later it will end up like this or with the server closed cause of lack of ppl. Any ideas for dead body reanimation will not bring it to life.

Royo

#18 » Post by Royo » 15 Nov 2016 19:42

Hell, why not? Fuck the "blizzlike" philosophy (we haven't been blizzlike for a long time, anyway), this won't ruin the current on-demand raids right now.
+1

Gnurg

#19 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Jan 2017 16:21

Bump.

Do you think this would create interrest for new players?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

blagovest_tonev

#20 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 07 Jan 2017 16:51

Interesting idea, Gnurg. I'm not sure if it'll bring interest in new players since there are progressive WotLK realms, but I'd definitely try it out.

Royo

#21 » Post by Royo » 07 Jan 2017 18:59

Gnurg wrote:Bump.

Do you think this would create interrest for new players?
Not really, people are bored of this expansion, and people already know the reputation of this server. I doubt it, but it would create interest for the current players only, so that's up to the staff if that's worth pleasing.

Brennus

#22 » Post by Brennus » 08 Jan 2017 04:57

Why changing people's gear to match the raid ilvl (this is more or less how it works on retail currently), when you could scale the raid up to match people's gear?

I believe this would generate (kind of) the same results with less work.

I don't have interest in such thing, but nice idea nonetheless.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Nyeriah

#23 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Jan 2017 05:10

Timewalking on retail is very uninteresting and rather bland tbf. It's something you do 5 times for your loot chest and don't bother again until the next time it shows up. I believe scaling content up would be more interesting, as the low numbers are one of the reasons why TWing doesn't cut it for me as a dps anyways.

Eronox
MVP

#24 » Post by Eronox » 08 Jan 2017 13:42

believe scaling content up
No offence to anyone, anywhere, and I apologize in advance for sounding to brag. But, ever since I got here I've had the view of people not being advanced at the game at all. Not even the claimed-to-be-TOPGUILDS, as I've been inside each and one of them at both factions. Even the latest raid I was in, yesterday, people had their GoHard-Face on a 25normal but yet played as if it would be their first time. The people I got in my mind also features people who are highly geared and at least should know the basics by that point more than just.. "Going with the flow" so to speak

Of course I take factors in consideration, such as sleepiness and delusive mood. But as aforementioned, ever since I got here.

So, why did I say this? Well, I think if the quoted sentence would become alive then it'd be doing straight the opposite of what we are trying to achieve here.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#25 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Jan 2017 14:41

Eronox wrote:...
I have no idea what you tried to say, but it seems like you don't know what timewalking is. On retail they downscale players gear and stats and level and put them into old content dungeons. The fact that they lower their numbers make the content still be "relevant". And that is it. It's not challenging, it's not supposed to be challenging, or hard. It's just TBC heroics. The only challenge there is the fact that more than half of the time people don't know tactics for trash mobs (yes, trash mobs, bosses still get zerged and it fairly doesn't matter).

In the same way, when I suggested that if we are really going on with this idea we should probably consider boosting the mobs instead, I didn't intend to say they should be hard or challenging. They'd be just as like any level 80 heroic.

Timewalking is about... passing time, it's a filler content. Arguable a loot piñata event that blizzard brought into the game. Some may bring in the nostalgic aspect of doing old content, but in the end, it's rather boring and tiresome. Dungeons take long due to the number flips, and rewards feel lackluster unless you're ungeared (the EN loot chest weekly is the only thing that makes it interesting otherwise to geared players). Another reason why I don't really see what would we reward for this to keep players interested.

Eronox
MVP

#26 » Post by Eronox » 08 Jan 2017 15:10

Nyeriah wrote:.
Indeed I know what it is. even Gnurgs opening post describes it. I just saw your suggestion to be general and not timewalking-specific, for that I admit my mistake :P

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#27 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Jan 2017 15:23

Eronox wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:.
Indeed I know what it is. even Gnurgs opening post describes it. I just saw your suggestion to be general and not timewalking-specific, for that I admit my mistake :P
I was following Brennus' suggestion. I know that I used the example of dungeons whereas she plans to use it on raids, but the problems are still pretty much the same (effort X reward X enjoyment)

Nyeriah

#28 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Jan 2017 07:42

[youtube]cPfk2_QZVao[/youtube]

PLZ :3 :# :3 :3 :3 :#

blagovest_tonev

#29 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 15 Jan 2017 07:49

That was great!

loveable

#30 » Post by loveable » 15 Jan 2017 07:58

they can use something like it for new realm , so we can transfer asap into it ,
they can transfer our gears for ex: 277 to 213 gears or which is max at naxx instane
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG