Primal wow raids

Share your victories and discuss tactics, encounters and group composition, and look to future challenges for your band of heroes.
Theblomb

Primal wow raids

#1 » Post by Theblomb » 01 Sep 2016 01:21

I was wondering what strategy the staff at primal wow use for nerfing raids that are no longer current content, the only thing I found was the following from an old post by Roel:

- Raids will release highly buffed to cater to hardcore raiders, making them very challenging or impossible to beat.
- Raid difficulty will then gradually decrease each week during the first 3 months, after which it will be back to normal.

Seeing as Molten Core is no longer being nerfed and Blackwing Lair only recieved one nerf since it was released.

Flooded
Former Staff

Re: Primal wow raids

#2 » Post by Flooded » 01 Sep 2016 10:48

How much more do you suggest Molten Core and Blackwing Lair need to be nerfed?

Theblomb

#3 » Post by Theblomb » 01 Sep 2016 15:21

It's not that I am requesting more nerfs for the older raids, I was just curious how this process is done is all. :)

Glonz

#4 » Post by Glonz » 01 Sep 2016 16:24

Personally I wonder how the HP has been changed. In Molten Core and ZG, boss HP has originally been increased by x5. On the nerf, they have been reduced to x3.

Since BWL release, HP has been increased by x6 and has been nerfed to x5. Where was this change coming from?

Theblomb

#5 » Post by Theblomb » 22 Sep 2016 20:02

No answers to be found here?

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 22 Sep 2016 20:18

From what I understood there wasn't much demand for further nerfs as raids quickly become too easy, otherwise there would be more questions about this. BWL is currently buffed at 4.5x and AQ20 still at 6x although it might be perceived differently as 20 man catch-up raid. All content before that is indeed buffed at the default 3x merely to compensate for WotLK mechanics.

Anyway we would like to listen to what the players want. A suggestion about this can be made in the appropriate forum section. All it needs is enough replies and a majority of them agreeing.

flosr1
Donor

#7 » Post by flosr1 » 13 Oct 2016 19:00

i don't think it needs to be nerfed more..
i think blomb only wanted to know how it is done.

mc, bwl, zg are easy enough atm. maybe mandokir should be nerfed a bit. its not like this much HP makes him harder, it just makes him more annoying how he works on this server. also, i think aq20 should be nerfed to the same lvl as ZG, because AQ20 loot isn't really better, expect some few set pieces and Ossirian loots, otherwise it is just bad compared to ZG and it annoys people that you need so much time to clear it for the rewards you get. this is not primal wow's fault, the encounters itself are just boring/stupid. if aq20 gets nerfed to ZG lvl, it would be easier for the guilds to clear both raids in a row on one evening

Fárlight

#8 » Post by Fárlight » 13 Oct 2016 19:09

Right now most people are going for zg to get the some BiS, idols, rep, and mounts
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars