[PW] Princess Huhuran is cray cray

Share your victories and discuss tactics, encounters and group composition, and look to future challenges for your band of heroes.
kurthos

Re: [PW] Princess Huhuran is cray cray

#16 » Post by kurthos » 23 Aug 2016 04:12

Theblomb wrote:Huhuran has been out for like 3 weeks now. And quite clearly this boss is an example where just buffing the health of the boss along with the rest of the instance is a problem.
Boss has been able to be attempted newly as of last week. Prior to this there was a server crash associated with the encounter.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#17 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 23 Aug 2016 09:08

While it may be early to label Huhuran as unkillable (despite my tease), all our strats so far require so much time investment in consumables to deal with enrage that I see this as a boss which everyone skips. Even if she's killable, is she worth the effort in her current state?
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

kronic

#18 » Post by kronic » 23 Aug 2016 12:02

kurthos wrote:
Theblomb wrote:Huhuran has been out for like 3 weeks now. And quite clearly this boss is an example where just buffing the health of the boss along with the rest of the instance is a problem.
Boss has been able to be attempted newly as of last week. Prior to this there was a server crash associated with the encounter.
Kurthos, I know you think you're the greatest strategist in the world and if you want another week to try your next level raid stacking then say that. But like Fitz and theblomb said, if the only way to kill this beast is a perfect raid setup with the latest gear and perfect execution from player with world buffs/dm buffs/consumables, then that is not realistic for PrimalWow week after week. If you want to prove you are the greatest, and then we can nerf her for the enjoyment of the rest of us, then I'm okay with that and I will bow down to the greatness of the biggest guild on the server.

But lets not kid ourselves, Primal and TW exist for the enjoyment of the players, everyone deserves to experience all the content in AQ so lets make that a reality. I'm not saying I want all bosses to be easy , I and many others simply want them to put up a good fight, which pushes 40 players to play their best and execute a strategy to a high standard.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#19 » Post by MerelyASetback » 23 Aug 2016 12:33

Irrc there's an autobroadcast ingame along the lines: "Content is released highly buffed ... for hardcore raiders."

Raid compositions, world buffs, consumes,... are a key part in hardcore raiding.

You've had only 1 lockout without bugs, and you're already crying about a nerf.

Where's the challenge? You don't deserve loot for 'putting up a good fight' and having 'fun'. Finally there's something hard and really challenging (in a pretty working state) out on Primal and it has to be facerolled the first week...

Keep it as it is for at least a few more weeks. She's not blocking content yet, so you shouldn't really complain...

oooooooooolde
Donor

#20 » Post by oooooooooolde » 23 Aug 2016 12:59

Id like to hear your theory crafting for optimal setup then ... Even with all possible buffs i don't see anybody clearing this in it's current state, without bug abusing :)

Even in full NR gear you get hit for 1-1.5k every 3-ish seconds. How to survive? NR pots and healthstones, but those won't save you forever.

Oops, how did murmur get most of their Visc kills again? cough cough, blast wave abuse

In it's current form it just forces ppl to find "workarounds" (wink wink) - which is newer a good thing IMO

Theblomb

#21 » Post by Theblomb » 23 Aug 2016 13:17

I guess what I'm trying to say is that giving a raid a plain x6 health buff is not always the way to go, because bosses have different mechanics. Huhuran is a boss that melts your entire raid shortly after her enrage, in that time frame you need to burst down 2 million health with 15 people being nerfed from having nature resist gear equipped. Most times the health buff isn't very noticable, but on a fight like this with such a hard enrage it feels a bit lazy.

Roel
Founder

#22 » Post by Roel » 23 Aug 2016 21:44

It seems like people have turned this into suggestions even though it was not posted as such. Both sides have valid arguments so I think it's best not to do any changes to the buff YET (not to be confused with bug fixes). Not all of the bosses have been released so we still have to see how it works out with those (the debuffs are raid-wide).

Some people enjoy trying to beat an impossible challenge so I think it's only fair to let them have this rare opportunity until they can move on to newer content.

kronic

#23 » Post by kronic » 23 Aug 2016 22:07

Roel wrote:It seems like people have turned this into suggestions even though it was not posted as such. Both sides have valid arguments so I think it's best not to do any changes to the buff YET (not to be confused with bug fixes). Not all of the bosses have been released so we still have to see how it works out with those (the debuffs are raid-wide).

Some people enjoy trying to beat an impossible challenge so I think it's only fair to let them have this rare opportunity until they can move on to newer content.
No problem with giving the elitist jerks another week to satisfy their lust, that was my suggestion. Maybe longer if we can agree to a nerf at the same time Twins and C'thun are out? Unless we're talking about another 6 weeks+.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#24 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 23 Aug 2016 22:54

Roel wrote:It seems like people have turned this into suggestions even though it was not posted as such. Both sides have valid arguments so I think it's best not to do any changes to the buff YET (not to be confused with bug fixes). Not all of the bosses have been released so we still have to see how it works out with those (the debuffs are raid-wide).

As long as its on your radar, we're happy!
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

kurthos

#25 » Post by kurthos » 24 Aug 2016 02:54

I'm fairly disappointed that people would make snide remarks about myself or my guild when I've said nothing like that in this thread.

I should feel free to make arguements on these forums without the discussion devolving into name calling.

If you don't like how content is currently being released you have all been invited to the test realm to help find and report bugs. We can use your help to make the server better as right now we have very few people helping out.

freakout9903

#26 » Post by freakout9903 » 24 Aug 2016 09:38

Were not asking for a nerf but for it to be tuned properly. If you played retail you would realize how ridiculous this fight is right now. It is only a problem because of primalwow raid tuning. Huhuran enrage isn't meant to last much more than a minute. With her current HP pool it would take 2-3 minutes to kill her if you could survive that long from enrage. Keep in mind your raid damage is gimped because of 15 people stacking NR cap and on top of that healing is reduced so its like the damage is increased. Are we going to wait until the rest of the bosses are released and people start skipping her(it doesn't seem like the door to twin emps is fixed yet.)?

Im fine with trying her again how she is currently . our raid should be full NR cap for our 15 soakers this week but I just don't see it. We are probably going to try for vicidious do an attempt on huhuran for shits and giggles and call it a night.
-Lights , DTP

freakout9903

#27 » Post by freakout9903 » 24 Aug 2016 09:48

And even with a HP nerf I doubt it would be a faceroll. This fight requires a ton of setup and planning, consumables, and wipes most of the time

Fárlight

#28 » Post by Fárlight » 24 Aug 2016 12:04

Did you guys try to do it like Chromaggus?
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

oooooooooolde
Donor

#29 » Post by oooooooooolde » 24 Aug 2016 12:58

@Kurthos Im fairly certain it's me you're disappointing in

Aint trying to name call, was more trying to hint at previous encounters that has been buggy/hard - and therefore has been abused.

I felt pretty disappointed myself when I felt like Viscidus was in a decent killable-state pre all the wierd shit (Visc not despawning, too many blobs etc.) - but then just got blastwaved. But let's not dwell on that, point is; when shit is hard people will abuse.

Just think of when a combat pulse is missing... including the infamous Ragnaros kill. People are quick to abuse - and this isn't restricted to Primal, it's everywhere and a fact.

All our soakers died about the same time as DTP's and I'm agreeing with Lights - Not asking for a nerf - asking for tuning.

Personally i would suggest either these:
-Loosen up the healing nerf for this encounter (mana cost, or output)
-Reduce HP to shorten the Frenzy duration
-Reduce damage or interval of Poisen Bolt

Or a combination of the above

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#30 » Post by Errorista » 24 Aug 2016 13:05

Boss enrage at 30%, takes 3 minutes to take her down, raid can survive 1 minute only as it was on retail, maybe set enrage to 10% HP? would it work?