[PW] Princess Huhuran is cray cray

Share your victories and discuss tactics, encounters and group composition, and look to future challenges for your band of heroes.
Glonz

Re: [PW] Princess Huhuran is cray cray

#61 » Post by Glonz » 28 Aug 2016 15:47

I won't disagree on this encounter having to be nerfed, whether it be through lowering enrage %, overall HP nerf or delaying poison bolts during enrage.

Overall, it was pretty exciting to see this boss dead though, the hype was real.

Zeff007

#62 » Post by Zeff007 » 28 Aug 2016 16:43

kronic wrote:But lets not kid ourselves, Primal and TW exist for the enjoyment of the players, everyone deserves to experience all the content in AQ so lets make that a reality.
Primalwow is not and will not be a safari or walmart.
Primalwow will not become the land of the raidlog and safarist who want to see old raid then say goodbye.

I was in the raid and if u ask the players that were here what their best raiding experiences in this server so far, 90 percent will answer this week of preparation and these 2 raids to finally down her after all the effort, and not BWL or "wen i got my nef tear".

And thats the raid when i really see my guild as a team, everyone helping each other and everyone discussing on how we will down her (Even if opinions doesnt count, just discussing with friends), everyone was involved at 100 percent.

And yes this is the spirit of Vanilla, only 0.1 percent of the wow pop killed a naxx boss in vanilla. I want personally to wype more and more to feel the same joy to discuss and prepare the raid with my friends, and finally down a hard boss.
When u see the whole raid need to make 8 DMN group that need to clear it below 10 minutes to re attempt huhuran and everyone do it with the smile, u know that u can count on ppl.

U all guys need to realize that dev give u fantastic toy (content), and u should play with this toy.

So i encourage u to atleast do some serious try on it.

A french motto say :"The hardest it is the best feeling u got"
Numberx

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#63 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 28 Aug 2016 16:53

Zeff007 wrote:And yes this is the spirit of Vanilla, only 0.1 percent of the wow pop killed a naxx boss in vanilla.
I understand the point of your post, but remember that 0.1% of this server is about 1 person. Also, the reason this boss is so difficult is not innate - its because of resist changes since it was current content and 6x health values making the final 30% much, much longer.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

oooooooooolde
Donor

#64 » Post by oooooooooolde » 28 Aug 2016 17:11

@Zeff007

I agree, though bosses are a ton of fun, but currently the encounter is filled with a bunch of bugs that twist it's core mechanics in a wrong direction (IMO).

For me Huhuran is about managing raid healing and tanking with the wyvern sting. It currently doesn't do damage when dispelled (which is should do). About managing threat, tank switching due to the stacking debuff, and lastly about going full on dps at 30% to race the enrage with the 15 soakers having to keep up for the rest of the encounter.

The focus switch caused by wyvern sting being bugged and the obscene emphasis on the enrage sustain is bad because it's not what the encounter is about.

Same thing happened on Fankriss... Focus switched (for VK) on to racing the boss to 0% whilst CC'ing adds, instead of clearing them simultaneous with killing Fankriss. Whilst fun, it's was a blatant bug that shifted the focus. I want the bosses to be played as supposed to, and whilst finding alternate routes to clear in this environment is fun, the core mechanics should remain.

Additionally our tank got 3 shot with wall up (due to another bug) it made the encounter seem not doable when our tank got 3 shot with wall up. I also believe you (Murmur) got a lot of motivation from this particular thread to force a clear through

Congratulations again, but no, I don't want to do very serious attempts in it's current state.

Fárlight

#65 » Post by Fárlight » 28 Aug 2016 18:03

It's not even worth to try it. Right now what you only are doing is wasting gold from gbank and wasting people time for trying kill it and for the people who farmed the mats.
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Owlcapwn

#66 » Post by Owlcapwn » 28 Aug 2016 19:49

Fárlight wrote:It's not even worth to try it. Right now what you only are doing is wasting gold from gbank and wasting people time for trying kill it and for the people who farmed the mats.
Honestly this is the exact kind of stuff I'd use my gbank for. Would you really hand out stuff out of it for people just to have some e-peen race with dps on a boss that's on farm? And I wouldn't call getting a server's first on a boss that other guilds can't even be arsed to try a waste of time.

Congratulations Murmur!

(Not that I agree on the way it sounds she's been tuned, but it's still a feat)

Fárlight

#67 » Post by Fárlight » 28 Aug 2016 19:57

Owl, I am happy for Murmur that they got Realm first on Princess. But what you are saying is YOUR opinion. I said MY opinion.
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

MattyEh

#68 » Post by MattyEh » 28 Aug 2016 20:47

olabola wrote:Well done Murmur!

How many was alive when the boss went down?
Only 4 dead at the end with 1 Battle Rez used.

https://www.twitch.tv/mattyeh/v/86097318

AwUMadBro

#69 » Post by AwUMadBro » 28 Aug 2016 21:18

oooooooooolde wrote:Overall nice kill; still retune it. Is 15% even too low? Im not too sure since we didn't actually try with full wbuffs yet.
This still ofc needs to be lowered once wyvern sting is fixed
How do you make any serious changed as a dev when you hear things like this?

I agree Huhuran needs tuned a bit, but not attempting it fully buffed just seems off.

oooooooooolde
Donor

#70 » Post by oooooooooolde » 28 Aug 2016 23:47

@AwUMadBro

Because we got him to 23% at our best attempt. I've had enough many fullwbuffs to know roughly where that places me. Also our tanks threat gain was vastly different to yours :)

And as stated previously; I don't want to do very serious attempts in it's current state - that includes wasting Ony/nef heads.

You are entirely free to disagree with that

lisjkriss92

#71 » Post by lisjkriss92 » 29 Aug 2016 03:37

oooooooooolde wrote:@AwUMadBro

Because we got him to 23% at our best attempt. I've had enough many fullwbuffs to know roughly where that places me. Also our tanks threat gain was vastly different to yours :)

And as stated previously; I don't want to do very serious attempts in it's current state - that includes wasting Ony/nef heads.

You are entirely free to disagree with that
It does suck to not get further to aq40 ) when 3 next bosses releases
60 Warlock Pleasenerfme