Raid progression log

Share your victories and discuss tactics, encounters and group composition, and look to future challenges for your band of heroes.
Roel
Founder

Raid progression log

#1 » Post by Roel » 31 Jul 2015 10:51

After doing a raid or world boss, one person in the group can post details on how far they have progressed. Not only for guilds but also PUGs.

It's not just to show which bosses you managed to kill but also to show which ones you didn't manage to kill. If possible, provide the number of failed attempts for that week and the remaining boss HP for the best attempt. If a boss was killed only after a certain number of attempts for that week, it would also be good to provide that number.

This will not only give players a better idea of how certain groups are doing but it will also make it easier for staff to determine when a raid should be nerfed.

Deliberately providing wrong information will obviously not be accepted.

Roel
Founder

Re: Raid progression log

#2 » Post by Roel » 02 Aug 2015 11:54

How many wipes for Azuregos?

.landgin

#3 » Post by .landgin » 02 Aug 2015 19:15

Three. 4.12 Million hp

manoroar

#4 » Post by manoroar » 03 Aug 2015 01:17

8/2 Azzy: 30 guildies. 3 Wipes. 4th attempt kill

1st attempt. Wiped due to bad tank positioning by off tank, and people not understanding boss mechanics.

2nd Attempt: Eventually wiped due to attrition, tanks decided on clear position to tank him every time, had a raid member counting down to teleports. Things went relatively smoothly. Hunter pet and Rogue pulled aggro after two seperate teleports, the 2nd one sealed the deal with 1/2 the raid getting frozen.

3rd attempt: Pulled and THE WHOLE RAID fell through the floor after first teleport, lul rip buffs.

4th attempt: executed mechanics beautifully til 20% with only a single death and a dc. People got greedy and started cutting teleport calls close pulling agro. Healer mana faded due to stress and length of fight and all tanks dead by 200k left. Encounter finished with rez march and dots to burn down his HP from there.

Loot: Crown+The Wildtwig (typhoon) ended up on a druid alt. Loot transfer denied to us for whatever reason but meh dead dargon more important than the pixels.
Last edited by Guest on 04 Aug 2015 03:59, edited 1 time in total.

manoroar

#5 » Post by manoroar » 03 Aug 2015 01:18

double post
Last edited by Guest on 04 Aug 2015 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

Lanfeare

#6 » Post by Lanfeare » 03 Aug 2015 17:40

I just want to add that the loot only even ended up in the hands of that out of raid druid alt because of bugged leashing mechanics. The boss leashed and lost his tag when his current threat target went out of range while there were still others alive, on his threat table, in his leash range, and casting on him.

Lanfeare

#7 » Post by Lanfeare » 04 Aug 2015 04:03

First legit ragnaros kill here without bug abuse, thread here:
http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=16221

.ithril11

#8 » Post by .ithril11 » 05 Aug 2015 09:03

KAZZAK IS DOWN... Is what I'd like to say but...

Kazzak is about a buggy as early Ragnaros, below I will have listed some bugs we came across as a group (all of these are on the bug-tracker).

- Kazzak actually only dropped one piece of loot.
- Thunderclap deals incredibly low damage, 230 after resistances.
- Can be disarmed (this is a common trend with all bosses currently)
- Shadow Bolts are interruptible.
- Heal on player death is not scaled to HP. Still healing Vanilla HP level.
- Kazzak HP is too low, the fight was ended near instantly. HP level probably can be 2-2.6 mil for adequate difficulty.

Thank you Primal-WoW for getting Kazzak to us, that was an incredible surprise and we as a player base do appreciate it. Though this release does signify the importance of a PTR, or maybe even on the live realm just spawning the boss and allowing players to test it (no loot of course).

Can't wait to try him again next week!

manoroar

#9 » Post by manoroar » 05 Aug 2015 12:08

Was Main Tank for Kazzak pug raid (stats: 440 def(counting crit reduction from expertise trinket)=Crit Immune,~7k hp buffed,7.6k armor,21% dodge/16%ish block and parry). Being able to chain Disarm trivialized the melee damage fix this especially or lul roflstomp. Interruptible shadowbolts made it real easy for healers to focus on tank even without healing assigns. The thunderclap is WAY undertuned, could easily double the damage on this at the moment. I'd also consider an HP buff but I would be conservative with it because we couldn't really get a good feel on what would be too much, since so much of the raid damage was removed by interrupts on the raid-wide shadowbolt. One thing for sure that needs to be fixed, along with him being disarmable, is scaling the HP he regains when someone dies to him. 70k is a joke. On our old server/most vanilla servers he literally regains 1/5th of his HP when someone dies to him/in his vicinity. On a non bug note, thanks for rushing this out to us. It's nice to have something new to do! Hope to see an improved Kazzak in 10 days and 2 hours time.

Loot note: Eye of Shadow should drop as an "extra" 3rd piece of loot from the boss, like the Sinews from Ony/Azuregos. Should have 2 Epics on his loot table + a 41% chance of an Eye drop.

(just for reference the only raid boss I ever remember casting a disarm on in Vanilla content is Bloodlord Mandokir in ZG, i'm fairly certain most other stuff was immune, I'll look for documentation to back this up tomorrow)

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 05 Aug 2015 14:27

His spells were indeed nerfed to vanilla values. Hm.

.Sorrugis

#11 » Post by .Sorrugis » 05 Aug 2015 15:20

Suggestions for properly tuning Kazzak:

-make Kazzak immune to disarms & interrupts.

-increase the amount of health regained upon player death by a large margin.

-don't over buff his hp pool. In vanilla, Kazzak was always the quickest world boss to die when executed with minimal errors.

In addition to the mechanics:

I'm pretty sure Eye of Shadow is a 100% drop rate in vanilla, might be seeing a lower percent because it was removed from his table in TBC.

He definitely is supposed to drop one additional piece of gear.

Cleofatra

#12 » Post by Cleofatra » 05 Aug 2015 16:54

I believe he healed about 5% of his health when a player died.

.landgin

#13 » Post by .landgin » 05 Aug 2015 16:55

Shaman_Union

#14 » Post by Shaman_Union » 15 Aug 2015 11:21

KAZZAK will fear the shamans now.

He was so scared he dropped one piece of loot! It's supposed to be two right?

Also he dropped his weapon at our shamanistic might... Repeatedly?
Last edited by Guest on 15 Aug 2015 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

manoroar

#15 » Post by manoroar » 15 Aug 2015 13:45

Kazzak dead again, was main tank again (largely same stats as last time with slightly more armor and stam to my name). No longer interruptable +1 for that fix. Managed to one shot him with a (40 man)pug raid with 13 healers and around ~12k raid dps. Him being disarmable is still trivializing his damage onto the main tank but I feel like that's not going to change. Seems to be in a good spot if you want to leave him at an easy difficultly level. If unwilling/unable to make him immune to disarm perhaps consider increasing HP pool (by 500k) and/or upping Damage on shadow volley to increase difficultly. Eye of shadow still counting as a piece of loot where it should be "bonus" like the Blue Sinew off Azuregos. Other than that all's well til we see him again in 10 days.