[Alliance] Ulduar 25-man

Share your victories and discuss tactics, encounters and group composition, and look to future challenges for your band of heroes.
Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: [Alliance] Ulduar 25-man

#16 » Post by Hansrutger » 20 Feb 2016 14:17

Yes that's why I also enjoy Ulduar, it's quite easy if you know what you are doing and it can be very relaxing, but at the same time there are more things that can kill you instantly.

Naxx (4):
Dance boss -> fail to dance (maybe u can survive this with def cd's)
Thaddius -> stacks
Sap -> ice breath (one during airphase)
KT -> Mindcontrolled (apparently they kill other mindcontrolled too! :D)

Ulduar (9):
Algalon -> Red circles
Iron Council -> Green shit on floor
Thorim -> chain lightning
Mimiron -> Shock, Laser barriage, red circles, frost bomb
General -> Shadow missile (with enough debuff stacks)
YS -> Big tentacle

ToC (3):
Ice Howl boss -> charging into you
Jarax -> chain lightning
Twins -> not changing debuff correctly

ICC (5):
Sindy -> Blistering cold, frost bombs
PP -> red ooze, plague
LK -> necrotic plague

RS (3):
Balt miniboss -> stand in front of him while doing bladestorm
Halion -> Meteor strike, cutter

So I think I picked up what most raids CAN kill you -INSTANTLY- from if you do not move correctly etc, with that being said Ulduar has indeed the most, so it is no surprise to me of why people come to Ulduar, think it's "oh it's a 3.1.1 patch raid, this will be easy" and then fail. I didn't count in all things that can "sub-instantly" kill you like stand in fire, because most bosses have some of those mechanics. I probably did miss to mention some though. But like MC at Lady Deathwhisper vs MC at KT are also like two obvious differences as at KT they even get a +200% dmg buff (not sure on numbers here :x).
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#17 » Post by Hansrutger » 02 Mar 2016 01:32

Congratulations on another kill. It's pretty much settled now that it's a farm run of certain hardmodes, however we have much more to do. We still need to push for doing FF as well so we can call it "farming" as well. Also congratulations on mount whoever got it (you will see them spam that mount in Dalaran shortly anyways). And yes! I finally got my two-handed weapon.

At least looks like a dps two-handed weapon. :/

Anyhow I also want to thank Gnurg leading the very first hour of the raid due to me falling asleep, waking up exactly at 20.00 lol. Very nice of her to continue the raid! Thank you very much Gnurgie. <3
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

Jiranthos
Admin

#18 » Post by Jiranthos » 03 Mar 2016 16:10

Congratulations on your epi---legendary mage! And great raid leading every time no matter how you are feeling. :)

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

iceshock

#19 » Post by iceshock » 05 Mar 2016 02:54

Gz all on the 0 Keeper kills :) And really good job pala of leading all the ulduar runs they are superb, and also gz on the mace!

Also it's 3 week's late because i forgot to post it (my bad!), but here is the video from the first 0 keeper kill.

Progression has improved dramatically since the first kill, also please ignore my terrible performance in the video as i was hungover as a bat out of hell ^_^ , but good job guys keep it up!

[youtube]hCGzZAk8-f8[/youtube]
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

iceshock

#20 » Post by iceshock » 16 Mar 2016 16:48

The funniest thing to happen in ulduar yet!! Defo worth the watch ^_^

[youtube]OwvrbNdtTh8[/youtube]
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#21 » Post by Hansrutger » 16 Mar 2016 17:36

lmao

Congratulations on Shadowdodger everyone! Something we will never do ever again :D (jk, in 5 years time maybe). And gratz on nice YS kill once again! Keep up the good work everyone.
Retired

Naxp

#22 » Post by Naxp » 16 Mar 2016 19:05

WTB horde-run too, Klappa

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#23 » Post by Hansrutger » 16 Mar 2016 19:23

I would love that but horde doesn't like the idea of mumble. :x Also the fact that some hordies have some issues with me apparently. D:
Retired

devil5000

#24 » Post by devil5000 » 17 Mar 2016 03:11

Well problem on Horde is not in leaders of ulduars but in lack of ppl that know tactics and actually care for achivments.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

elementalice

#25 » Post by elementalice » 17 Mar 2016 11:03

hordes already got their achivs :P

Fastor

#26 » Post by Fastor » 17 Mar 2016 11:36

devil5000 wrote:Well problem on Horde is not in leaders of ulduars but in lack of ppl that know tactics and actually care for achivments.
Very very true. From time to time l tried to make a list of who could l bring to Uldu 25 and l would realized l am not even getting half of them.
PS: two days ago l wanted to open topic on Paramounts forum about preparations for Ulduar, however they kicked me from site before l could post anything (and someone "upgraded" appearance to WoD, which is ugly). So, no Ulduar based only on Paramounts. ^_^
elementalice wrote:hordes already got their achivs :P
Not really. Me for example miss Shadowdodger (ccrs is fixing warning, ty) and 0 guardians YS. Only one who was making Uldu was Tenebroo, but those were just his farm runs. When asked to do some achis on bosses he would reply "we are doing hard modes whenever we can", which is only half good since he would do them every week since drop rate on pieces of hammer are higher on HM. Most recent YS 0 Guardians was actually done on day when DBW was broken and you had no CD on it. Thats why it was easy to do it.

In short, l would like to horde start farming mount too, however its almost impossible.

Gnurg

#27 » Post by Gnurg » 17 Mar 2016 12:01

YS+0 is fairly trivial now that skulls are fixed. Half the raid wouldn't even need to know how the encounter worked, just follow the orders handed out.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#28 » Post by Errorista » 17 Mar 2016 17:05

Even clouds are slower now, just possible one shots from Immortal Guardians are still issue so it need tanks with good reactions. Other than that it is very nicely scripted yet still challenging but no stupid bugs anymore.

Probably that mumble thing help too to insctruct beginners but I dont really know whats going on on the channel :D

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#29 » Post by Hansrutger » 19 Mar 2016 18:16

Another person not understanding what voice chat is for. :/ It is however partly true what you say, to "instruct beginners", but to be honest, how many "new" players do I bring to my runs? The point of mumble will be the same as it was from day 1 of my raid leading. It is to help ME, not the raiders. It does help raiders, of course but mainly it is for me to maintain control over the situation and be able to take quick decisions. Just imagine top authority teams using phone text to text each other things lmao.

"Mkay dw I will remove this red cable from the bomb."
[Text Incomming] "Make sure to remove the blue cable."
RIP coz of text instead of voice.

Everything goes so much faster. For instance, you have no idea how many times I have by accident said "erro get [insert noob name here] up" because you're a resto druid, then I have to type it out, taking my performance output to actually type it out. So you know once again, mumble/teamspeak/voicechatw/e is not only for the raiders and in fact is mostly for the raid leaders to have an easier time. I have no idea how many times I have said this but it doesn't seem to go into people's mind that I am not asking them to log mumble because they need to, but instead because I need them to be there.
Retired

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#30 » Post by Errorista » 19 Mar 2016 18:40

Pls, you whisp me when Rebirth is already on CD. I know what to do. I dont need anyone to yell at me. Thanks for understanding.