[Alliance] Ulduar 25-man

Share your victories and discuss tactics, encounters and group composition, and look to future challenges for your band of heroes.
Hansrutger
Former Staff

[Alliance] Ulduar 25-man

#1 » Post by Hansrutger » 29 Dec 2015 05:39

Information
As many know, alliance has not had a steady ongoing Ulduar 25-man raid for quite some time now due to not that interesting reasons. Because there has not been an organized raid going on for quite some time now when it comes to Ulduar, I have decided along with some other guildies of mine to get it going again. This thread is meant to both advertise but also to give information about specific item drops and so on. I also want to make this clear from start: This raid is NOT hosted by a specific guild, but is hosted by a specific community. Priorities for items (read below) will NOT go to players depending on what their guild tag is, but instead will instead be attempted to be held within the Ulduar community. Times when these raids happen can be viewed below:

Weekday: Friday
Time: 19.00 / 7 pm - server time

The Goal
The goal of this raid is to not get all the achievements or to benefit only the raid leaders and assistants to get what they want, but instead to clear Ulduar and have a good time together along with extra bonuses for players who seek certain items. For achievements, there will not be any specific achievements set up for each week, instead if players want to get a specific achievement, they will simply have to contact the person in the contact section (look below) and tell them about it, then it will be judged by certain factors whether it's suitable or not. The very main goal of these runs is of course to have as fast run as possible with hardmodes included on Hodir, Thorim, Freya, Mimiron and Yogg-Saron (0 keepers). However people should have in mind that these things take time to build up and once we get there I do not intend to abandon the raid easily.

Loot system
The way loot is working is a bit different than from other pug raids. It is a mix between group loot, loot council and priority lists. Some players are seeking for one or two items that could benefit their gameplay, whether it is hunting items for achievements such as A Tribute to Dedicated Insanity in ToC which can be done by certain Ulduar gear or if it some items that players hunt for that might benefit them in various situations, Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings.

Whichever items a player desires to have priority over will earn their right, by joining Ulduar week after week and finally getting there to next in turn or one of multiple player eligible for same item. There is an item list stated below that can and will be given priority to certain players who joins Ulduar week after week.

Mumble
This tool is very helpful for the raid leader, trust me on this one. If everyone used mumble it would be very easy to lead this raid. Fortunately for us, TrueWoW is nice enough to host their own server on mumble and information can be found on TrueWoW's main website (http://www.truewow.org). It takes 5 minutes maximum to install and setup so it is not that hard and I require -NO ONE- to actually speak but only to listen. Not only that it will make players become helpful toward the raid leader, but also it will help out the server as a community itself. Just compere mumble servers one year ago to now. Now people jump around in channels and communicate with each other and have really fun times together, one year ago barely anyone joined mumble at all. But the main meaning of using mumble in Ulduar is of course to help the raid leader to lead the raid. Whether you know tactics or not, this is not mainly for you but for the raid leader to use as a tool to help the raid go as fast as possible. Mumble can be downloaded here and is already mandatory in raids for multiple big guilds on alliance such as Divinity, Inquisition and FeW.

Items with priority
If any other items wished to be reserved but is not on this list, feel free to contact me. M stands for that multiple players will most likely get to roll on the item if it drops. S stands for that only one player will have the specific item reserved for the raid.
Archivum Data Disc (M)
Mimiron's Head (M)
Fragment of Val'anyr (S)

Priority lists
Only list that will be publicly displayed is the list for fragments, as other lists are not too relevant for the time being. However, all the lists do work the same way; imagine a point system - the more raids you join the more points you have. There are two things mainly that we will check in players in order to give them their "points". If you want to be added to any priority list, feel free to look in "Contact" below to see whom to contact about the subject.

Activity
In order for a player to be eligible for certain items, they have to keep joining the raid. It's not as easy as coming to the raid once and expect to get anything they want, the mount or fragments for instance. The player will instead, with this attitude, be kicked from the raid and most likely not invited again. The main key here is, because Ulduar is not that popular, to have players keep joining. You help others get what they want, you will also be rewarded in time, it is just that simple.

Performance
Even though if you keep joining week after week and do the same failures at the same bosses without showing improvements, we are most likely rather want to go 24 players instead of 25 then as you might screw up achievements that players seek, for instance dying at a boss on its first pull of raid ID. Perform well and there will not be a problem.

The List - Fragment of Val'anyr
This list can be changed at any time and as for the reason for putting myself as first is due to already having more than half of the fragments, also to give time for players to build up their priority of who will gain the fragments afterward.
  1. -

Contact
Currently the players who to contact if you have concerns is Palamaster (the character that will lead Ulduar is Palakram).
Last edited by Hansrutger on 21 May 2016 04:48, edited 21 times in total.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: [Alliance] Ulduar 25-man

#2 » Post by Hansrutger » 29 Dec 2015 05:40

Please do not comment unnecessary things like "oh you try to go for this bla bla bla how cute". This is meant to gather players together to have a fun time on TrueWoW and I hope others can see that. So if you have any unnecessary comments, please feel free to PM me those instead of posting them here. If you however have questions or so you can of course ask them in the thread! It's not forbidden to post here!
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Hansrutger » 31 Dec 2015 06:04

I forgot to mention this and I hope to see this; if you happen to be interested in joining these runs please do send a forum PM to me or whisper me ingame just so I can mentally (and write down you in a specific notepad file where I plan for ulduar) prepare. It is a lot easier for me that way. Don't forget to mention the name of your toon, spec and role if you will forum PM me. Also sorry for triple posting lol.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 31 Dec 2015 10:28

Hansrutger wrote: Also sorry for triple posting lol.
SPAM

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Hansrutger » 08 Jan 2016 15:57

Date and time has been changed. It can come to change the following weeks depending on certain factors however this week will be on Tuesday 19.00.
Retired

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Hansrutger » 03 Feb 2016 05:14

The time has almost come! So close to getting that bastards' weapon to wield, just like Erronib did. Firefighter is complete and lots of players got the key, congratulations to those who got the key quest complete. For others who didn't get a chance, not much worries as there are still a lot of opportunities to receive Mimiron's Sigil as I do not intend to stop here. I wanted to say publically thank you for everyone who still supports Ulduar and I hope everyone has as good time as I have and even better!

Cheers!
Retired

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Hansrutger » 08 Feb 2016 22:56

Tomorrow Ulduar will start at 21.00 server time and will go through mostly easy modes and clear as fast as possible. I apologize for the short notice but sadly that's how it had to be, hope people will be able to attend regardless. Cheers!
Retired

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Hansrutger » 17 Feb 2016 00:16

I would like to congratulate everyone who joined and thank them as well for a great co-operation within the Ulduar community. We had some minor issues that we still have to work on at Yogg-Saron but I believe it will get easier from here with all achieved we are ready to start farming it week in and week out if people are up for it. Congratulations on mount Brandaram and I got my last fragment.

Cheers to everyone and thank you for joining! May the bosses in Ulduar die with haste.
Retired

BozoBog

#9 » Post by BozoBog » 17 Feb 2016 00:50

Hansrutger wrote:I would like to congratulate everyone who joined and thank them as well for a great co-operation within the Ulduar community. We had some minor issues that we still have to work on at Yogg-Saron but I believe it will get easier from here with all achieved we are ready to start farming it week in and week out if people are up for it. Congratulations on mount Brandaram and I got my last fragment.

Cheers to everyone and thank you for joining! May the bosses in Ulduar die with haste.
Am I too sleepy or you forgot to mention we did 0 keepers? xD And yw pala, Erro and me will carry your raid next week as well, For the Horde!
Economist- Demonology Warlock
Eco - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Prevarant - Fury/Prot Warrior
Morgoth - Frost/UH Death Knight
Anduil - Prot/Holy Paladin
Kandilo - Disc/Shadow Priest
Unsated - Restoration Shaman
Blazing - Markmanship Hunter
Hetada - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Izildur - Fire / 1112 Mage

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Hansrutger » 17 Feb 2016 01:25

I didn't want to make it as a brag post, as we have enough of those kind of posts on this server, by a specific faction. :)
Retired

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#11 » Post by Errorista » 17 Feb 2016 09:35

update Fragment list nib and gz everyone once again, Shadowdodger pls

[hide]eco, he cannot brag because fixed yogg is much easier even alliance can do it, huhehuhe, I love you all anyway <3[/hide]

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Hansrutger » 17 Feb 2016 17:56

Like I told some hordes that are QQing already, I don't give a shit who killed what when. That shit is very irrelevant for me as I was not even playing on the server when they did it, neither did I even have the same kind of knowledge at the time of World of Warcraft so I do not sadly see any point in these "World Firsts" on a private server as clearly guilds from retail still did it before you could even attempt to blink your eye.

So just to come up with the conclusion of this: It's very much fine with me if a guild chooses to kill RS25hc + LK25hc 5-7 times a week, but I would much rather go and have fun in Ulduar one time a week and kill LK every 5th week than being a robot doing same thing over and over again. Like I mentioned, please do not be butthurt (speaking in general, not to anyone specific) but every faction/guild/player has same amount of weekdays to raid on and same amount of hours. It's up to you how you want to spend them so please if anyone wants to continue QQing for nothing feel free to make bug reports about it rather than wasting my time whispering me about it ingame. Less drama please, more pew pew.

Yea though I updated the list but I forgot to press submit lol.
Retired

Gnurg

#13 » Post by Gnurg » 17 Feb 2016 18:15

Hansrutger wrote:It's very much fine with me if a guild chooses to kill RS25hc + LK25hc 5-7 times a week, but I would much rather go and have fun in Ulduar one time a week and kill LK every 5th week than being a robot doing same thing over and over again.
He's cured. \o/
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Gnurg

#14 » Post by Gnurg » 20 Feb 2016 12:45

[youtube]hCGzZAk8-f8[/youtube]

Here's the kill, by the way, far from perfect but that's all we needed to down them. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Cocopuffs
Donor

#15 » Post by Cocopuffs » 20 Feb 2016 13:26

ulduar aka the idiot-proof raid where people with 6400+ gearscore fail over and over. :roll: tbh i didnt even read anything previous to this, but whatever you did there, gz, i know somepeople would fail even with a map and step by step directions on what to do