BG "Balance"

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Darchrow
Donor

Re: BG "Balance"

#16 » Post by Darchrow » 20 Dec 2012 17:17

Vindicare do you even have serratus anterrior ?
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Bigfella

#17 » Post by Bigfella » 21 Dec 2012 01:31

Much as I hate to admit it, I agree with Vinicare in that the Faction Change aspect is ruining the game. True if you are an engineer there is a AH in Dalaran, but you have to be a Grand Master Engineer to use it, and w/o the AH, it's near impossible to get to Grand Master Engineer quickly.

Vind, if you want my suggestion of a decent server, I'll give it to you... hell I'll even Power Level you up to 80 (12x server took me 5 hrs to get to 80). I'm not going to mention the name here, cuz well, I was really starting to get to like Truewow again after my time elsewhere. But now that the battlegrounds have essentially stopped, I don' thave time to dedicate 3-4 hours uninterrupted to do ICC, and leveling up is just meh. With all that in mind, I may be heading back to my old stomping grounds... again.

As per the advice of one of my mentors, I never offer critisism without offering a solution. I'd suggest removing faction changing all together; with some advance notice. Make an announcement IN GAME and on the forums that after xx date faction changes will be disabled completely. If you want to be an ally, change to ally, if you want to be horde, change to horde. If you want a level 80 of both factions, either take the time and level them up on both sides or spam the World Chat : "WTB Level 80 [class] Paying Well."

Faction changing WAS/is a part of WoW, but if I recall, during 3.4.3 there was a 30 day cooldown (reduced to 3 days after Cata) for faction change. The stated purpose of Faction Changes was so that Players could experience what it was like to be a member of the other faction. In reality it was an attempt to balance the powers of the game. It was an epic fail for the same reasons we are having here. My Retail Server (Darkspear - US) suffers from the same problem that New Orgrimmar suffers from; an over-run of the opposite faction claiming it as their own. Whenever Thrall (and now Garrosh) spawns, he dies within 2 minutes because the Alliance is camping him/have his spawn timer on an alert. In answer to this, 75% of all Horde have abandoned Orgrimmar and the Horde all together. The 25% that remain stay in Dungeons or Horde controlled cities and cheer on the Alliance.

Removing Faction Changes may be "Un-Blizzlike" but its a solution to a problem that they created during WOTLK (release date of Wrath was Nov 2008, Faction Change became available in Sept 2009) and they didn't want to say "We screwed the pooch on that one, better take it back"

Cover25

#18 » Post by Cover25 » 21 Dec 2012 01:37

Bigeflla, I like the suggestion. +1 from me.

Royal

#19 » Post by Royal » 21 Dec 2012 02:03

:roll:

I cant even count the times we said to remove the faction change option back BEFORE one sided factions became a problem, but ya... this is the first time a blue poster agrees, well better late then never i guess.

Vyrath
Donor

#20 » Post by Vyrath » 21 Dec 2012 02:30

Can we close this topic. The BG buff is gone, thank you Roel.
Fuglyface lvl 80 Troll Shaman
Scourgelord lvl 80 Orc Death Knight
Misery lvl 80 Blood Elf Warlock
Hunk lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin
Furburger lvl 80 Tauren Druid
Dataxe lvl 80 Orc Warrior
Deadfugs lvl 80 Forsaken Rogue
Fugsy lvl 80 Troll Hunter
Fugs lvl 80 Troll Priest
Fugtastic lvl 80 Troll Mage
Furryfugs lvl 16 Tauren Druid