Balance in Battlegrounds

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Arashikage

Balance in Battlegrounds

#1 » Post by Arashikage » 12 Sep 2012 18:01

Okay. Greetings to TW staff, and its members, I am Arashikage from Spermik, and im making this thread as an appeal for admins/mods to ponder over, as i am of the opinion that it is worth pondering over. What im going to post about is well known as of late, and is very evident in the outcomes of Battlegrounds.
Im going to break it down to be as concise as possible: -

1.It is clearly evident that the Horde laughably out guns the alliance at BGs, and in my opinion, this isnt due to a lack of skill. Our highest level of gear back on spermik was Furious, and has been fairly hard to obtain for most players ( again this isnt a matter of skill in every case)

2.With this state of the PvP scene, BGs arent that inviting for the alliance people ( im not talking about myself, i speak for the PvP crowd from the alliance as a whole) And with a majority of the alliance in deadly gladiator's gear for the most part, farming honor has become tougher, simply because of gear limitations.

3. I am not demanding anything. This is an appeal, and im just highlighting it for the concerned Mods/Admins to see and ponder over. What i suggest is, that there be some form of gear upgrade for the spermik players in order to balance the PvP scenario as a whole on the server. Im not asking for insta relentless, but i reckon that we can put up a much better fight with furious v/s Wf/Relentless.

Thats all i had to talk about please share your thoughts on this matter and give me your feedback on the same. Please refrain from flaming.
Thanks and regards,
Arashikage

X_terminator

Re: Balance in Battlegrounds

#2 » Post by X_terminator » 12 Sep 2012 18:08

That's not true at all; Legz lost several BGs yesterday morning while having most of the alliance team composed of geared TrueWoWers while I won 5 BGs in a row at night with a team containing 3-4 original TrueWoW players.. even given your statement is true GMs can not help it and furious is worth honor only so it's easy to get.
Level 80 PvE frostfire / frost PvP mage
Level 80 Frost PvE DPS / Unholy tank death knight
Level 80 Balance PvE / Restoswarm PvP druid
Level 80 Demonology PvE / Destruction PvP warlock

Aid the righteous cause.

Arashikage

#3 » Post by Arashikage » 12 Sep 2012 18:11

Still, it takes more BGs for the alliance to farm it, than the horde, Ergo, the horde gear faster. The spermik ones atleast.

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 12 Sep 2012 18:14

According to the statics there are just more hordes at the moment. We had that problem a few times in the past and solved it by changing the faction change price for alliance > horde. We could do that again and set the price for alliance > horde to 500 web points while keeping it 300 the other way around. Or keep it 300 and make the other one cheaper.

I know some people don't like this approach but past experience proved that this works, it just takes some time to balance it.

Arashikage

#5 » Post by Arashikage » 12 Sep 2012 18:26

Well then i hope for the best. Thanks for taking the time to read the post.
Regards
Arashikage

Arvit

#6 » Post by Arvit » 12 Sep 2012 20:39

Most time there are more 80 allies then 80 hordies ( Like right now there are 140 allies online and 125 hordies ).
The problem is most allies just don't queue ( geared and not geared ).
Right now there are 3 allies in queue and 24 horde.
And about the gear it's about the same but most of the time geared allies just join once and win and then don't queue again.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Myaoming » 12 Sep 2012 20:55

Agreeing with Arvit. that happens also even if they win... queueing once for the AP is selfish :D
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Bluebell
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Bluebell » 12 Sep 2012 22:27

It's always been a problem. There can be more Allies on and they will usually not queue.

This is not a new thing.

A lot of the time, a big group of Immortal No More players join together, Alliance wins 3-4 BGs, then they all stop queuing and Allies lose or don't even queue at all.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Kindzadza » 12 Sep 2012 22:29

The hordes have at least 4-5 TrueWow's players..The last few days I barely see a single TrueWow player besides myself.

And you always have 2-3 belf paladins :/

Flexall
Donor

#10 » Post by Flexall » 12 Sep 2012 23:31

This is quite annoying imo...the problem with allies losing BGs now is due to no teamwork, running 2v8 in a horde zerg, not attacking healers, pretty much running around doing...nothing. I have quit joining RBG que myself(and everyone knows how much I like PvP) because it is just flatout boring. The problem isn't allies being geared, it's the lack of "tactics" so to speak.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

jonek

#11 » Post by jonek » 12 Sep 2012 23:35

This is not a new problem. Even long before Spermik players came we were experiencing this issue.
Is not about newcomers gear, is not about skill (I presume, well, I've seen some really good alliance players from spermik, though some of them became horde...) and is not about horde players, it is about the geared Truewow players from the alliance (or alts) not being supportive enough: They queue for RBG once or twice, win the RBG, and they stop queueing; or simply they don't queue or they leave the BG is they see alliance is beign farmed.
There's also the thing about doing premades and guild RBGs, it just screw it all, as Blu said. That acutally makes RBG more unballanced: By not letting undergeared people to queue, and then they stop queueing RBG so all undergeared get into the same BG as one squishy undergeared mass.
As I said before, I would like alliance old players to queue more often.
I remember that our first BGs when Spermik merged were actually really fun and balanced, What happened? Hm...

Flexall
Donor

#12 » Post by Flexall » 12 Sep 2012 23:51

:twisted: Remove the allow pre-made BGs in the world config file
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Bluebell » 13 Sep 2012 00:01

Flexall, didn't you leave BG announcing "I don't join BG to lose"?

Flexall
Donor

#14 » Post by Flexall » 13 Sep 2012 00:06

Please show me where I left saying any such thing.I would gladly like to know when I left a BG saying anything close to that. I left a BG yesterday and said nothing....

But ofc, this is typical....

Congratulations!

Bluebell
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Bluebell » 13 Sep 2012 00:12

It was a question. My point is you have no right to complain when (as you just admitted) you leave BGs. So YOU are the problem. Geared 80s LEAVING BGs just because they can't take crying.

A disgrace.