PW - Why we need easy access to PVP gear (and even Blizz agreed.. eventually)

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
night

PW - Why we need easy access to PVP gear (and even Blizz agreed.. eventually)

#1 » Post by night » 20 Jul 2017 22:41

It is of my opinion that starter PVP gear should be free or nearly free to allow ease of entry into PVP and remove the frustration of dying with no chance of reacting. As I said in the 20% thread, gear cost is a factor of time investment, but the rate we get PVP on Primal is far below that which Blizzard expected on retail.

By far the main appeal of this server was that of revisiting old content with much improved stat usage, talents, and quality of life improvements. Blizzard seems to have finally realized this in 2.4 with the (re)release of PVP honor gear as reputation rewards at honored that could be bought for less than 100g, or a day's worth of gold farming.

Currently on this server, we have later patch and later expansion flying mounts, recipes that aren't supposed to be out yet, and 41 point side talents. The devs cannot tell me that they are about hard core preserving the original experience when it so obviously isn't their motivation. There is also the huge mark against this server (in the eyes of many) being PVE and low population and as more and more people are leveled and the raid logging takes hold I fear we will lose population out of pure boredom. It is in everyone's interest to promote the organized PVP of BG's and Arena.

So I am proposing we either drastically reduce the blue honor only gear to something like 10% of it's current cost, or go ahead and release the reputation pvp gear sets at quartermasters.

Edit: Was going to try and make this a poll, but either we can't in this forum or I am too blind to figure it out.
Last edited by night on 21 Jul 2017 00:46, edited 2 times in total.

Eronox
MVP

Re: PW - Why we need easy access to PVP gear (and even Blizz agreed.. eventually)

#2 » Post by Eronox » 20 Jul 2017 23:28

Floss wrote:

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

papastrumff
Former Staff

Re: PW - Why we need easy access to PVP gear (and even Blizz agreed.. eventually)

#3 » Post by papastrumff » 20 Jul 2017 23:56

You have a +1 from me sir.
PvP scene did not turn out as expected and right now only lack of gear, that is hardly acessible, is keeping quite a few pvpers from playing at off raid times because without pvp set, it is not fun and is too short.

Floss

#4 » Post by Floss » 21 Jul 2017 12:11

I support your suggestion , It is obvious that the change has to be done (especially after seeing that Blizzard reached that conclusion as well).

I'll make a poll and ask people what they think of the new prices but first i need your help.

Should be something like this : (Nothing should be given for free of course)

Item = Current price in honor points -- >Option A for a new price -->Option B for a new price.

In my opinion ,though this is entirely up to you , Option A should be equal to half of the current price & Option B = Certain amount of gold.

However , i don't think this should be applied on all items so i added what Prices i think are okay and wrote "Price is fine" next to them .

I think it should be like this (Divided by Vendors):

Grand Marshal's Spaulders (Blue item) = 43400 -- >21700?-->x amount of gold?
Grand Marshal's Gloves (Blue item) = 38000 -- >19000?-->x amount of gold?
Grand Marshal's Helm (Blue item) = 49600 -- >24800?-->x amount of gold?
Grand Marshal's Tunic (Blue item) = 49600 -- >24800?-->x amount of gold?
Grand Marshal's Legguards (Blue item) = 43400 -- >34100?-->x amount of gold?

Grand Marshal's Crossbow/Spellblade/Warstaff ....etc (Blue item) = 68200 -- >34100?-->x amount of gold?
Grand Marshal's Quickblade/Ripper/Hacker ....etc (Blue item) = 34700 -- >17400?-->x amount of gold?

Marshal's Bracers (Epic item)= 49600 -- >Price is fine -->No option B cuz it's an epic item
Marshal's Boots (Epic item)= 68200 -- >49600?-->No option B cuz it's an epic item
Marshal's Belt (Epic item)= 68200 -- >49600?-->No option B cuz it's an epic item
Sergean't heavy Cloak (Epic item) = 68200 -- >49600?-->No option B cuz it's an epic item

Band of (Blue item) = 27100 -- >Price is fine
Band of (Epic item) = 34700-- >Price is fine
Pendat of(Epic item) = 34700-- >Price is fine
Trinket(Talisman) = 38000-- >Price is fine
Trinket(Medalion) = 8000-- >Price is fine

Now Night , Edit the prices as you like and I'll make a new Poll topic with these options to vote from :
1) Keep prices as they are.
2) Choose Option A.
3) Choose option B.

Of course you can also change the voting options if you like.

skyx

#5 » Post by skyx » 21 Jul 2017 17:02

Reducing honour costs would be the best.

Making gear available for gold would suck.

Antreon

#6 » Post by Antreon » 23 Jul 2017 01:11

100% agreed with the title of this thread, but easy access does not mean easy to get/obtain, afaik atleast

the blue pvp gear is fking worthless, as is resilience

papastrumff
Former Staff

#7 » Post by papastrumff » 23 Jul 2017 11:03

I agree with everything but halving the blue pvp set, I d instead add it to being obtainable for revered rep of different factions as starters for pvp to make easier grind for the off sets.
Also I agree with this only for this entrance in pvp, I think for next seasons all the gear should cost like it is now for example in s2 we have s2 pvp gear for arena points behind certain team rating while s1 gear should be for honor as the blue set is now from 40k-50k