PvP bot detection?

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
skyx

PvP bot detection?

#1 » Post by skyx » 18 Jul 2017 07:06

I am not going to name the program but I know that there is a program out there that has for years ruined the fun out of PvE and PvP in other private wow servers by automating spells and abilities for optimal rotation (in PvE) or to go off at impossible times (in PvP, e.g. Rogue kick always successfully interrupts a heal at either <0.1 sec of the cast or right at the very end).

I was wondering if there was any addon which can log a character's successful spell interrupt, the timing and the percentage of the cast in which it was successfully interrupted( so it can be used as evidence because video recording everything is not possible for most of us.)s

Floss

Re: PvP bot detection?

#2 » Post by Floss » 18 Jul 2017 13:27

skyx wrote:
18 Jul 2017 07:06
I am not going to name the program but I know that there is a program out there that has for years ruined the fun out of PvE and PvP in other private wow servers by automating spells and abilities for optimal rotation (in PvE) or to go off at impossible times (in PvP, e.g. Rogue kick always successfully interrupts a heal at either <0.1 sec of the cast or right at the very end).

I was wondering if there was any addon which can log a character's successful spell interrupt, the timing and the percentage of the cast in which it was successfully interrupted( so it can be used as evidence because video recording everything is not possible for most of us.)s
There's Soundalerter, an addon that alerts you whenever a player casted/used something on you , but it doesn't show percentages or the exact time of cast .

I don't think there is any addon like that ,You're aiming too high.

benzviliran

#3 » Post by benzviliran » 19 Jul 2017 01:50

Floss wrote:
18 Jul 2017 13:27
skyx wrote:
18 Jul 2017 07:06

There's Soundalerter, an addon that alerts you whenever a player casted/used something on you , but it doesn't show percentages or the exact time of cast .

I don't think there is any addon like that ,You're aiming too high.
There are programs like Skyx mentioned which can be set to auto cast spells when triggered, for example in pvp you set it to cast kick when flash heal being casted and set within maximum and minimum casting range which will result in a very fast kick in case a player in range cast flash heal.

Can also set to target player specific location when hovering with a freezing trap, for example your mouse could be on the mini map and after you will click on freezing trap your mouse will automaticly instantly be located at enemy position so all you have to do is click to release the trap.

You can pretty much do everything with bots, bot can do everything human does 300 times and more faster.

Using a bot is just like hacking - a very rude way to cheat.
I am the swarm

night

#4 » Post by night » 19 Jul 2017 02:53

now can you remove all that detail so stupid ppl won't be tempted to use it