Pvp damage reduction?

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Floss

Re: Pvp damage reduction?

#16 » Post by Floss » 07 Jul 2017 15:01

skyx wrote:
07 Jul 2017 14:44
I think there should be a 10-15% damage reduction in place for now since

1) Everyone is transitioning from PvE items to PvP blues (i.e. low to no resilience)

2) Even if we get to a stage where everyone is in full PvP gear, it will take a lot more time than it would getting full PvE items that have the same/better stat budgeting.

3) The current honour costs for PvP gear cost WAY too much. It should be lowered for this season only as they are meant to serve as introductory PvP items.

A newly levelled toon shouldn't require a lot of PvE grinding in order to even start grinding honour for PvP.

4) Belt and boots require arena rating to obtain. This is fine but until then, everyone has to make do with PvE equivalents.

5) Even in full season 1 PvP gear, I don't think there is a PvP necklace, cloak and rings available in season 1.

6) At the end of the day, PW is using Wotlk talents and most classes are doing a metric ton more damage than their 2.4.3 counterparts. Currently, cloth classes are being 2-shotted by other classes with little to no effort and minimal resistance (ret paladins in particular)

TL; DR

Simply getting introductory PvP gear is a massive pain in the butt, everyone will have low amounts of resilience and resilience alone is not enough for lv 70 wotlk twinks.

GMs are working on it , i believe that the change will be in adding a Resilience Aura in PVP grounds.
About the costs , i agree that the offparts should cost less honor points , the main set costs are fine though.

skyx

#17 » Post by skyx » 07 Jul 2017 19:32

Floss wrote:
07 Jul 2017 15:01

GMs are working on it , i believe that the change will be in adding a Resilience Aura in PVP grounds.
Any ETA on its implementation and deployment?

Floss

#18 » Post by Floss » 07 Jul 2017 20:32

skyx wrote:
07 Jul 2017 19:32
Any ETA on its implementation and deployment?
I wish i had the answer for that man , i think it will be applied in the next few days.