Crossfaction help

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
hjason3
Donor

Crossfaction help

#1 » Post by hjason3 » 30 Apr 2017 02:01

So I don't understand the whole crossfaction thing.. I understand you can team up with dungeons and stuff due to low population which is fine I don't personally like it I think it should be optional if you want to team up with opposing faction but I understand low population just trying to stimulate activity... but where I am confused is alliance players are all shown as friendly cant even attack them in contested territory :/ I am horde I was in stormwind the other night and a level 80 alliance player was able to attack me so maybe I just don't know how to do it? To me its been horde vs alliance since Warcraft 1 cant completely take that away.. just make it optional to team up with alliance for people wanting to do dungeons and events and such....
Last edited by hjason3 on 30 Apr 2017 04:15, edited 1 time in total.

hjason3
Donor

Re: Crossfaction help

#2 » Post by hjason3 » 30 Apr 2017 03:45

Just figured out if you right click your own picture at top left you can enable pvp... but still if the opposing faction has it disabled you cant attack them... so basically contested territory pvp is gone unless you run into someone that happens to have it enabled also.. like I said dungeons and stuff is one thing but no contested territory pvp??? I think the crossfaction chat and guilds and all that crap maybe disabled everyones pvp by default... I dont know if there has always been the option to disable it or not but every alliance I've ran into last couple days are friendly meaning they have it disabled so i think it just defaulted everyone to disabled...

hjason3
Donor

Re: Crossfaction help

#3 » Post by hjason3 » 30 Apr 2017 10:03

Still hoping for some clarity.. I made a ticket and they responded and said you can't attack if they are in your group. I wasn't in any group though these were all random allies I seen in contested territory all shown as friendly. My friend got on his alliance char we was not in a group and in contested territory and both shown as friendly. I clicked on my picture at top left and clicked enable player vs player and it shown me as enemy then to him but he was still friendly to me until he clicked enable player vs player himself. But I never disabled it myself didn't even know you could and all the allies I've seen last couple days all have shown friendly like everyone got defaulted to disabled player vs player with the crossfaction change or something...