[TW] Define each class/spec

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Gnurg

[TW] Define each class/spec

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Feb 2017 18:22

This is for TrueWoW.

I want to balance out the battlegrounds in terms of healer, mdps and rdps. Starting it simple with just these 3. I will NOT balance it in terms of item level as it would be very easy to bypass unless we don't allow people to switch gear inside a battleground, so there's no point in suggesting that. Warrior, rogue, death knight, hunter, mage and warlock do not need this.

Choose one talent that I could use to determine what role the player is. It should be a talent that you would always use as one spec, but never in any of the others. If you could be so kind, please provide the spell id and spec of the talent as well.

Paladin, priest, shaman and druid is what we need to define.

Paladin - if holy shock -> heals, else -> mdps
Shaman - healer: Tidal Waves: 53390,
Priest - Rdps: Vampiric Embrace (talent) 71269, else healer
Druid - healer: Empowered Rejuvenation: 33890
Last edited by Gnurg on 28 Feb 2017 10:19, edited 2 times in total.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

Re: [TW] Define each class/spec

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Feb 2017 18:25

I just have once concern with this though, you'll have significantly less battlegrounds if you're going to enforce roles in order to create them. I would stick to balancing healers/dps only like retail does.

Justicelight
Donor

#3 » Post by Justicelight » 27 Feb 2017 18:27

Holy Paladin: Holy Shock - 25912
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Feb 2017 18:33

Nyeriah wrote:I just have once concern with this though, you'll have significantly less battlegrounds if you're going to enforce roles in order to create them. I would stick to balancing healers/dps only like retail does.
It's not to enforce them, it's just to balance it by place them in the ideal team.

Have this situation:
1. Warsong Gulch start with this: 1 healer + 1 mdps vs 2 mdps
2. 1 rdps and 1 mdps queue: 1 healer + 2 mdps vs 2 mdps + 1 rdps (priortises getting healers balanced)
3. 1 healer and 1 mdps queue: 1 healer + 3 mdps vs 2 mdps + 1 rdps + 1 healer (priortises getting healers balanced)

*It handles two players at the time. Should a player leave the bg, the next player will be placed in without taking balance to consideration.

It basically tries to keep it balanced. It's not enforcing, just balancing.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Eronox
MVP

#5 » Post by Eronox » 27 Feb 2017 18:38

Nyeriah wrote: you'll have significantly less battlegrounds.
I agree, sounds like this feature would make the amount of BG's caused by CF-BG to withdraw till it's previously state.

Worth trying though, I suppose!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Feb 2017 18:40

Eronox wrote:
Nyeriah wrote: you'll have significantly less battlegrounds.
I agree, sounds like this feature would make the amount of BG's caused by CF-BG to withdraw till it's previously state.

Worth trying though, I suppose!
Gnurg wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:I just have once concern with this though, you'll have significantly less battlegrounds if you're going to enforce roles in order to create them. I would stick to balancing healers/dps only like retail does.
It's not to enforce them, it's just to balance it by place them in the ideal team.

Have this situation:
1. Warsong Gulch start with this: 1 healer + 1 mdps vs 2 mdps
2. 1 rdps and 1 mdps queue: 1 healer + 2 mdps vs 2 mdps + 1 rdps (priortises getting healers balanced)
3. 1 healer and 1 mdps queue: 1 healer + 3 mdps vs 2 mdps + 1 rdps + 1 healer (priortises getting healers balanced)

*It handles two players at the time. Should a player leave the bg, the next player will be placed in without taking balance to consideration.

It basically tries to keep it balanced. It's not enforcing, just balancing.
Besides blocking 1 player until an even number (2) of players are reached, the queue won't be any slower. Besides, the blocking has to be implemented anyways.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Regent
Tester

#7 » Post by Regent » 27 Feb 2017 18:44

What about people who join as a healer at the start and then change into a dps spec (or vice versa)?
Since you can change specs at the start of a BG, before the BG actually begins, how will you account for this?
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Feb 2017 18:46

How are you going to tell what battleground to send them? I am assuming you're going to do this before the battleground starts, because otherwise there's no way to tell that.

I know it's not enforcing but just balancing, but it quite is balancing through enforcing? You need to have the teams balanced before you start the match, no?

Regent makes a good point above too.

Regardless, good luck with it :D

Gnurg

#9 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Feb 2017 18:54

It's kind of in the pseudo stage now. I am not exactly sure what's possible, just need help defining each class/spec.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Justicelight
Donor

#10 » Post by Justicelight » 28 Feb 2017 10:12

Shaman - Tidal Waves: 53390
Priest - If doesn't have Vampiric Embrace (talent) 71269 then the priest is a healer.
Druid - Empowered Rejuvenation: 33890
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Gnurg

#11 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Feb 2017 10:17

Justicelight wrote:Shaman - Tidal Waves: 53390
Priest - If doesn't have Vampiric Embrace (talent) 71269 then the priest is a healer.
Druid - Empowered Rejuvenation: 33890
Thanks. :-)

What about druid/shaman rdps/mdps?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Feb 2017 10:21

Regent wrote:What about people who join as a healer at the start and then change into a dps spec (or vice versa)?
Since you can change specs at the start of a BG, before the BG actually begins, how will you account for this?
I won't account for that. People wouldn't actively do this to as there is nothing to gain from it. Lowering your item level to end up the better gear team is something people would actively do, so it's something I want to avoid.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Justicelight
Donor

#13 » Post by Justicelight » 28 Feb 2017 11:57

Druid ranged: Moonkin form (talent): 24858
Druid melee: Leader of the pack: 17007

Shaman ranged: Call of Thunder: 16041
Shaman melee: Maelstrom Weapon: 51528