Primal BG tuning

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Sassafras

Primal BG tuning

#1 » Post by Sassafras » 04 Feb 2017 07:47

It's no secret. Primal's bgs have some tuning to try to balance things (heal nerfs, for instance). I know it's a bit late into vanilla, but having a clear indication of the changes to each class might be helpful in resolving some of the more serious pvp imbalances. Is there a comprehensive list of the changes anywhere? And if not could a kindly dev help me out?
Thanks
--Suul

majstorfanta

Re: Primal BG tuning

#2 » Post by majstorfanta » 10 Feb 2017 23:01

Not sure if you mean to remove or to add heal nerfs. I agree heals can be nerfed less than dmg is. Like dmg stay at 33 % nerf and heal goes from 33 % to 15% so it is more like resilience which affects only dmg and would make healers harder to kill 1v1 like it is in real wotlk. Having said that, healers learned to deal with it and it is not that big of an issue as the shield not being nerfed accordingly to dmg done nerf so one priest spamming shields on his whole team is more than 33% more effective than it should be, and that s big.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Glonz

#3 » Post by Glonz » 10 Feb 2017 23:27

Attempting to balance PvP goes far beyond the scope of simple percentage based buffs & nerfs to global damage and healing

olabola

#4 » Post by olabola » 11 Feb 2017 14:11

Only way to properly balance pvp on primal would (probably) be to open full talents.. This is not going to happen.
One thing to nerf would for sure be the priests shields. The healing nerf is quite ok atm, even to nerf it further could be an idea.

Also the ticks from some dotts could be smart to reduce dmg wise, a warlock getting 2x dots on you means you have to eat or you will be down to like 15% hp (assuming you have no stamina/kings or other buffs) by the end of it, same with priests dots + and to some degree druids dots.