World PvP Tournament in Gurubashi Arena

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Eronox
MVP

Re: World PvP Tournament in Gurubashi Arena

#31 » Post by Eronox » 11 Feb 2017 20:27

Nyeriah wrote:It was fun to watch. Also lol at that night elf DK who's waited everyone to die in nelf stealth 'till 2 people were left :D
That's how one wins!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

tasis

#32 » Post by tasis » 12 Feb 2017 13:37

Dysphoria wrote:Backpedaling pala got SM and suddenly become best pvper rofl...
Who are u ? u are funny guy

milanlord

#33 » Post by milanlord » 21 Feb 2017 20:11

I have updated rules once again, Paladins aren't allowed to use Divine Shield anymore. Hope to see you there again this week's Saturday at the same time( 17:00h ST). Please read them before stepping into tournament, breaking the rules will disqualify you from winning the tournament.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Gnurg

#34 » Post by Gnurg » 21 Feb 2017 20:25

Can't we just ban all spells, which are disabled in arenas?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#35 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 Feb 2017 20:32

I think you should do something about how long stealthers can be stealthed. I don't know but it's a bit weird to have people stealth all the way through the fight to pop up by the end just to snipe people dying (like that nelf).

Eronox
MVP

#36 » Post by Eronox » 21 Feb 2017 22:07

Nyeriah wrote:I think you should do something about how long stealthers can be stealthed. I don't know but it's a bit weird to have people stealth all the way through the fight to pop up by the end just to snipe people dying (like that nelf).
Use the Arena technique: do a timed spawn of that sexy thing who makes ones eye fit to see them sneaky people

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

Jiranthos
Admin

#37 » Post by Jiranthos » 21 Feb 2017 22:29

Eronox wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:I think you should do something about how long stealthers can be stealthed. I don't know but it's a bit weird to have people stealth all the way through the fight to pop up by the end just to snipe people dying (like that nelf).
Use the Arena technique: do a timed spawn of that sexy thing who makes ones eye fit to see them sneaky people
Requires way too much GM participation for an unofficial event.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

milanlord

#38 » Post by milanlord » 21 Feb 2017 22:33

Eronox wrote:
If this can be done, this would be awesome, to place around in the Arena orbs which can be collected every minute for start.

@ Gnurg, we can't for now, but doesn't mean in the future this can be changed to what you propose.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Eronox
MVP

#39 » Post by Eronox » 21 Feb 2017 22:37

milanlord wrote: If this can be done, this would be awesome, to place around in the Arena orbs which can be collected every minute for start.
Since your partnership with a staff candidate it should be a possibility since you two would be the organizers. by official means.

Additionally: An event like this is most likely getting of the rail, excessively fast, without staffs participation tbf
-- As proven earlier in this very thread
so I suppose it'd be a merged call afterall in order to maintain a good gaming experience for our players. :D

- J.R Cash

Jiranthos
Admin

#40 » Post by Jiranthos » 21 Feb 2017 22:41

Eronox wrote:
milanlord wrote: If this can be done, this would be awesome, to place around in the Arena orbs which can be collected every minute for start.
Since your partnership with a staff candidate it should be a possibility since you two would be the organizers. by official means.

Additionally: An event like this is most likely getting of the rail, excessively fast, without staffs participation tbf
-- As proven earlier in this very thread
so I suppose it'd be a merged call afterall in order to maintain a good gaming experience for our players. :D
We need to discuss this internally first.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

milanlord

#41 » Post by milanlord » 21 Feb 2017 22:45

Well to avoid inconvenience the best way is to keep as it is and see how it goes next one :) This personally isn't that big a problem I think :) I didn't see what really happened last time, because as I said I dc'ed like 10 secs after the battle has started. To avoid these things, that's why the battle is starting, while everyone are grouped in the middle in the marked place.
Being grouped like that, doesn't allow you to run in stealth and stay steady, because once the battle starts there are plenty aoe everywhere :)

Wilcox

#42 » Post by Wilcox » 22 Feb 2017 00:06

milanlord wrote:Well to avoid inconvenience the best way is to keep as it is and see how it goes next one :) This personally isn't that big a problem I think :) I didn't see what really happened last time, because as I said I dc'ed like 10 secs after the battle has started. To avoid these things, that's why the battle is starting, while everyone are grouped in the middle in the marked place.
Being grouped like that, doesn't allow you to run in stealth and stay steady, because once the battle starts there are plenty aoe everywhere :)
easy fix

cloak of shadows, run away, start in stealth again

Gnurg

#43 » Post by Gnurg » 22 Feb 2017 00:24

If people AoE enough, they should find the invisible players. It's part of their kit and it shouldn't be taken away from them.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

milanlord

#44 » Post by milanlord » 25 Feb 2017 12:36

Gnurg wrote:If people AoE enough, they should find the invisible players. It's part of their kit and it shouldn't be taken away from them.
Meh I thought I would never say this, but I agree with Gnurg about this. For now nothing will be changed when it comes to rogues or anyone being in stealth. We will see how it goes today and based on that change something in rules,if needed. :)

milanlord

#45 » Post by milanlord » 25 Feb 2017 18:00

The winner of this weeks tournament is Wilcox. Horde has received their first champion. Congratulations to him!

My picture is poor, I hope someone will post some better :)

People from Alliance : Moreira, Lovable, Salchijohn, Benta, me, Ebolagiver, Shellburn, Overdozer
People from horde : Illuminacion, Wilcox(our winner), Zerosolitude

Thanks once again for coming, hope to see you in 2 weeks again at the same time and place. :)