Vanilla -> TBC = PvE -> PvP?

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Botmaster5
Donor

Vanilla -> TBC = PvE -> PvP?

#1 » Post by Botmaster5 » 17 Jan 2017 19:55

Any chance the server will switch gears and go to a PvP server come the launch of TBC? I know its way to far into vanilla for any drastic changes.

Especially when the faction split happens!!!!!
<Exalted Reputation> Femsham
Shaman Badass - Shaman Gear

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Vanilla -> TBC = PvE -> PvP?

#2 » Post by Jiranthos » 17 Jan 2017 19:58

We wouldn't know this soon at this point in time.
Is there a chance? Yeah, there always is.
Do we know the probability in percents, even if a rough rough estimate? No, not even a rough estimate...
Many factors come into play here. The population at TBC, what community will want at TBC, what staff will see as healthy/good for PW at TBC and more and more and more.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Brennus

#3 » Post by Brennus » 18 Jan 2017 01:56

What would happen to Cross-Faction guilds if this was to be implemented?

Would opposite faction members be kicked out?
Or the guild itself would be splitted and (probably) an officer be promoted to guild master (on the opposite faction)?

Just curious...
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Glonz

#4 » Post by Glonz » 18 Jan 2017 02:00

The expected thing that would happen if cross-faction guilds were to be removed is that the faction of a guild is determined depending on the current faction of the guild leader. All opposite faction members would be removed from this guild.

If cross-faction were to be removed, players would probably receive free faction changes so they can go back to their guild if they were on the opposite faction before.

warangels

#5 » Post by warangels » 18 Jan 2017 15:55

If PW becomes PvP I am gonna leave the server. What made me choose this server in the first time, was the PvE thing. After, I found also that PW has a very competent staff, is very well scripted ( by far the best of its kind) and there is a really good community. I really do not like PvP, and this sadly will make me leave, for me is something that will break the magic... it is not a cry post or something; I know I am more a white fly, since 99% of players enjo PvP so much...but world is good 'cause of its variety, isn't it? No drama or other negative stuffs intended. Just my personal opinion :D

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 18 Jan 2017 16:01

I hope it stays cross-faction. :/
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

lrctgl
Donor

#7 » Post by lrctgl » 18 Jan 2017 18:32

Gnurg wrote:I hope it stays cross-faction. :/
^^ this

warangels

#8 » Post by warangels » 18 Jan 2017 18:49

Cross-faction is needed for low population server, in order to make players able to unify and clear actual contest. It is a very good thing, I really like it (even more on a PvE server), but, I will accept the fact it will be removed which probably mean we got a lot more players than the actual number. If it won' t be removed even better!

Sulik

#9 » Post by Sulik » 18 Jan 2017 23:34

warangels wrote:If PW becomes PvP I am gonna leave the server. What made me choose this server in the first time, was the PvE thing.
PW already turned PVP, which is why I had to quit here. It's been over a month and I'm still salty about it.

avoidone

#10 » Post by avoidone » 18 Jan 2017 23:48

Sulik wrote:
warangels wrote:If PW becomes PvP I am gonna leave the server. What made me choose this server in the first time, was the PvE thing.
PW already turned PVP, which is why I had to quit here. It's been over a month and I'm still salty about it.
Can you quote a post showing this? Still says PvE on the Truewow.org home page.
-Redsweater

warangels

#11 » Post by warangels » 19 Jan 2017 00:29

Sulik wrote:
I am sorry but you are totally wrong :lol:

Glonz

#12 » Post by Glonz » 19 Jan 2017 00:30

avoidone wrote:Can you quote a post showing this? Still says PvE on the Truewow.org home page.
The only instance of PvP outside of BGs and arenas is that zones with world bosses in them (Azuregos, Kazzak, Emerald Dragons) are FFA PvP, similar to Gurubashi Arena. This was implemented a few weeks ago to encourage more fair competition around world bosses which originated from complaints about "griefing" around world bosses in the past. However, it resulted in some players becoming very salty, as well as minor drama.

Sulik

#13 » Post by Sulik » 19 Jan 2017 00:45

avoidone wrote:
Sulik wrote:
Can you quote a post showing this? Still says PvE on the Truewow.org home page.
http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=36639

It was easy to miss. It was a stealthy change without polling the players or even any kind of an invitation for discussion in advance. I learned about it week or two after it had been in effect. Basically the ruleset change was a "fix" on an issue which would have otherwise required the devs banning exploiting players from the guild they themselves play in.

majstorfanta

#14 » Post by majstorfanta » 19 Jan 2017 01:01

Basically server is PvE, except around world bosses where it is FFA like in gurubashi arena, so you can attack everyone not in your raid group. It was done to counter easy exploiting and griefing and may I say it has been much better ever since the fix was implemented.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

VanillaPVE

#15 » Post by VanillaPVE » 19 Jan 2017 01:57

PW should stay PVE. PW should stay cross faction. This is a brilliant server the way it is set up and fosters a friendly community.