delay the reset or reduce arena point requirements.

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Nephyx
Former Staff

Re: delay the reset or reduce arena point requirements.

#16 » Post by Nephyx » 28 Oct 2016 15:55

Last arena game was played almost 3 days ago on 25.10 so the argument of having more arena queues lately is invalid. Suggestions like this shouldn't be applied week before season reset, in my opinion.

If you want to change the system and/or season duration, update your suggestion after the arena season's restart.
Right Conquers Might

benzviliran

#17 » Post by benzviliran » 28 Oct 2016 16:45

Royo wrote:Why is it that people make suggestions only to their benefit when they are close to achieving some goal, or with the intent of them wanting to achieve some goal?

benz, don't you cry all the time that decisions that don't HELP YOU aren't blizzlike, therefore you automatically reject them? Yet, you are wanting to extend the reset or reduce the currency needed to purchase said items. Well, now you sound like a hypocrite.
first of all it doesnt benefit only me and honestly i didnt plan to get wrath shoulders im good just with the head, i saw the increased amount of queues and i was like (that is so great and fun like that will be pitty if we lost it) ive noticed alot of people were wishing to get their gear in time before reset and that thought of delaying the reset came in my mind, blizzard created an arena system that wouldnt work with such a low amount of queues therefor since in blizzard u could get 2000-3000 and more from each flush and have 10 games in less than half an hour you understand how easy it was to get arena points even for those who arent active.

in here the highest rating team can get around 1050 or 1100 rating IF they manage to get to play 10 games before flush .

so it is quiet silly to repeat myself but no i didnt open it because it benefit me only, i made this thread because i noticed it would benefit other teams and might have a good effect on the activity of arena if done so and that is why i decided to open this thread.
I am the swarm

Gnurg

#18 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Oct 2016 16:50

benzviliran wrote:
Royo wrote:Why is it that people make suggestions only to their benefit when they are close to achieving some goal, or with the intent of them wanting to achieve some goal?

benz, don't you cry all the time that decisions that don't HELP YOU aren't blizzlike, therefore you automatically reject them? Yet, you are wanting to extend the reset or reduce the currency needed to purchase said items. Well, now you sound like a hypocrite.
first of all it doesnt benefit only me and honestly i didnt plan to get wrath shoulders im good just with the head, i saw the increased amount of queues and i was like (that is so great and fun like that will be pitty if we lost it) ive noticed alot of people were wishing to get their gear in time before reset and that thought of delaying the reset came in my mind, blizzard created an arena system that wouldnt work with such a low amount of queues therefor since in blizzard u could get 2000-3000 and more from each flush and have 10 games in less than half an hour you understand how easy it was to get arena points even for those who arent active.

in here the highest rating team can get around 1050 or 1100 rating IF they manage to get to play 10 games before flush .

so it is quiet silly to repeat myself but no i didnt open it because it benefit me only, i made this thread because i noticed it would benefit other teams and might have a good effect on the activity of arena if done so and that is why i decided to open this thread.
benzviliran wrote:also another good option is to reduce the amount of arena points required to buy all items without to touch the personal and team rating required so people could have chance to buy items for the rating they already achieved.

a 50% discount could and should help people who already got the rating to buy the items they desire and some items at low rating such as wrath chest wrath legs etc cost around 2200 rating and at 1400-1600 rating u only get about 500-600 arena points each flush which is just not enough for them.

so reducing the cost by 50% shouldnt effect the gameplay at all but just give people who worked hard the chance to come prepared for the next season(the arena points and not the rating).
It doesn't really match up. =P
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

benzviliran

#19 » Post by benzviliran » 28 Oct 2016 16:51

Nephyx wrote:Last arena game was played almost 3 days ago on 25.10 so the argument of having more arena queues lately is invalid. Suggestions like this shouldn't be applied week before season reset, in my opinion.

If you want to change the system and/or season duration, update your suggestion after the arena season's restart.

well perhaps thats because the end of the season is getting near and people gave up on the queue, take alot of inquisition players who got into 1800 rating pretty quick but they dont have the arena points required in order to purschue these items if they came for items why would they continue? atleast i heard it from them.

about 15 days ago there was a good increase of around 100 games a day the moment most of them found out season is about to end resulted in reduction, that is exactly why i opened the topic to ensure the continueation of queueing .

if i want to change the system or duration of season etc ... well that was all a reaction to the recent events that happend just before the reset and next season amount of queues is unknown. if the activity on arena next season would be low perhaps ill open a suggestion to reduce amount of games needed in order to benefit from a flush from 10 to 5 or something idk
I am the swarm