delay the reset or reduce arena point requirements.

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
benzviliran

delay the reset or reduce arena point requirements.

#1 » Post by benzviliran » 23 Oct 2016 03:11

Hi, the arena season that is about to end started quiet bad.

why it started bad? because activity was very low and it was kinda most of the time 20-30 queues in total per day.

people would just wintrading etc to get the smallest amount of rating or get 10 games yes it was that bad.

therefor it was kinda impossible to get rating without queueing whole day just to get 1-10 rating.

now something really dramatic happend and at this month people started to pvp more and queue more arena and the arena activity grew, and thats a really good sign. really i am pretty much surprised by the amount of queued thats like a change of 3000% queue increase!

so since the season is about to be over and that can really effect badly on the amount of queues i would like to suggest to delay it and make the arena season a bit longer by 1-2 more months, give more time for people who already worked hard recently to get their rating (there are alot of new groups with 1400-1800 rating now and they dont have enough arena points to get their items.

it can kinda ruin alot of people who recently started to queue motivation if the season will reset now and it will be a shame cause the amount of queues is really great now even i started to queue again after few months of inactivity because i saw the change of the amount of queues.

also another good option is to reduce the amount of arena points required to buy all items without to touch the personal and team rating required so people could have chance to buy items for the rating they already achieved.

a 50% discount could and should help people who already got the rating to buy the items they desire and some items at low rating such as wrath chest wrath legs etc cost around 2200 rating and at 1400-1600 rating u only get about 500-600 arena points each flush which is just not enough for them.

so reducing the cost by 50% shouldnt effect the gameplay at all but just give people who worked hard the chance to come prepared for the next season(the arena points and not the rating).
I am the swarm

Nymunne
Former Staff

Re: delay the reset or reduce arena point requirements.

#2 » Post by Nymunne » 23 Oct 2016 10:27

I don't know if this was supposed to be a suggestion or not since it's in another part of the forum but if it here I am against lowering and giving discounts once again.

Giving discounts can actually be unfair to the players who actually played fair and worked their way through with long queue times sometimes to get where they are now. Players had lots of time to do arenas and if some decided to win-trade and lose everything then it was on them. I think the reason why arenas are so active at the moment might be exactly because of season end and rewards being given out. And if not they will have a new entire season to do better.

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Oct 2016 10:59

If they didn't start playing before recently, they got no one besides themselves to blame. The activity of the first weeks of the season was better than it is now (everyone had about the same mmr --> instant queue for all), if you ask me. It just died out during the summer, but it was still very much possible to get 10 games a week.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

benzviliran

#4 » Post by benzviliran » 23 Oct 2016 16:32

its not related to a time in a season its just that alot of these players who started to queue are pve's who play pve alot and started pvp too and because they increase the amount of queue alot of people who were queueing during the start of the season and quited due to very low amount of queues also started queueing again.

if you will see alot of them are hellraisers inquisition divinity pve'rs who played all the season pve and now play pvp. the other group are just people who tried to do arena since the start of the season and stopped due to a low amount of queue.

i admit im one of those players who at some point stopped queueing because i found out im spending sometimes 4 hours in queue and couldnt even find 1 game and when i did find it was either some new group who stopped queueing after or boxis and justicelight .

the queue amounts increased greatly now im just trying to figure it out if the timing with reset will have bad effect on it or not. will be a shame if the reset would ruin it finally that the amount of queues actually good .
I am the swarm

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Oct 2016 16:46

I suppose a staff member could tell us how many games happens a day for the past week. I would be surprised if it was a lot more than the supposed 20-30 games a day from the start of the season. Maybe actual number from the first week could be displayed too, rather than those supposed 20-30 games.

It's not too hard to deduce that this is one of those Gnurg-threads (aka selfish ones). Your priest lacks just a little rating to get Wrathful Shoulders and you probably lack the arena points to get them this season (unless this suggestion is applied).
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

benzviliran

#6 » Post by benzviliran » 23 Oct 2016 17:45

Gnurg wrote:I suppose a staff member could tell us how many games happens a day for the past week. I would be surprised if it was a lot more than the supposed 20-30 games a day from the start of the season. Maybe actual number from the first week could be displayed too, rather than those supposed 20-30 games.

It's not too hard to deduce that this is one of those Gnurg-threads (aka selfish ones). Your priest lacks just a little rating to get Wrathful Shoulders and you probably lack the arena points to get them this season (unless this suggestion is applied).
we dont need staff member to tell us how much the queue amount increased recently, me and shaharan were queueing alot we found ourself asking almost every day if there were any queues today sometimes there were not at all the average was in total 10 queues a day in other words 2 groups that needed 10 games, sometimes it was like 20-30, today its around 200 queues a day and thats a huge difference you see.

it is true that i also lack points to get one more item but i wouldnt open that thread if i didnt think im not the only one, its simple to get all the wrath set u need around 13k arena points, groups with rating of around 1400-1600 get around 500 arena points each flush if they manage to do 10 games and trust me it used to be very hard.

now that the queues are finally high we dont want to disappoint like 40 new teams who queue recently alot and tell them that they spent around 1 and a half month for nothing because they have the rating but not the arena points they need or the opposite.

i am in dalaran sewers quiet often and i hear teams saying sadly they wont get arena points in time .

also another idea i thought of if some people are afraid that they may lose their 1-3 highest ranks if the reset would be delay another option could be at the day of the reset just reward those players and mark them as their ranks at that day and delay the reset that way people who care about rewards and ranks wont have to worry about it.

but what i care most and more concerned is, will the queues continue to be high after the reset? will alot of players rather not queue more after they found out that their rating was reseted? and if so then perhaps just reducing the prices of arena points could avoid that? after all it doesnt effect the gameplay.

i think rewards should be given to those who put effort in queueing normaly to arena and not transfering from servers where u can donate for gear or easily farm it after all more than 80% of the wrath characters on this server got it by an unfair way such as transfers or wintrading so i dont see why not now that the queues are high and the reset is near to reduce the arena points require to purschue items its not the rating im talking about its just the arena points.
I am the swarm

Gnurg

#7 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Oct 2016 18:01

benzviliran wrote:
Gnurg wrote:I suppose a staff member could tell us how many games happens a day for the past week. I would be surprised if it was a lot more than the supposed 20-30 games a day from the start of the season. Maybe actual number from the first week could be displayed too, rather than those supposed 20-30 games.

we dont need staff member to tell us how much the queue amount increased recently, me and shaharan were queueing alot we found ourself asking almost every day if there were any queues today sometimes there were not at all the average was in total 10 queues a day in other words 2 groups that needed 10 games, sometimes it was like 20-30, today its around 200 queues a day and thats a huge difference you see.

it is true that i also lack points to get one more item but i wouldnt open that thread if i didnt think im not the only one, its simple to get all the wrath set u need around 13k arena points, groups with rating of around 1400-1600 get around 500 arena points each flush if they manage to do 10 games and trust me it used to be very hard.

now that the queues are finally high we dont want to disappoint like 40 new teams who queue recently alot and tell them that they spent around 1 and a half month for nothing because they have the rating but not the arena points they need or the opposite.

i am in dalaran sewers quiet often and i hear teams saying sadly they wont get arena points in time .

also another idea i thought of if some people are afraid that they may lose their 1-3 highest ranks if the reset would be delay another option could be at the day of the reset just reward those players and mark them as their ranks at that day and delay the reset that way people who care about rewards and ranks wont have to worry about it.

but what i care most and more concerned is, will the queues continue to be high after the reset? will alot of players rather not queue more after they found out that their rating was reseted? and if so then perhaps just reducing the prices of arena points could avoid that? after all it doesnt effect the gameplay.

i think rewards should be given to those who put effort in queueing normaly to arena and not transfering from servers where u can donate for gear or easily farm it after all more than 80% of the wrath characters on this server got it by an unfair way such as transfers or wintrading so i dont see why not now that the queues are high and the reset is near to reduce the arena points require to purschue items its not the rating im talking about its just the arena points.
Reason I wanted a staff member to check on the activity is to fact check your "200 games per day" statement. I highly doubt that's true as I've been online most of the weekend and I've barely seen anyone queue. I am quite confident when saying there was more activity at the start of the season than it is now.

Arguably the arena points for items could be lowered to make up for the fact that on a very populated server, you would potentially reach higher rating (more points per week), but that's not something you should alter at the end of the season.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

benzviliran

#8 » Post by benzviliran » 26 Oct 2016 21:37

bump
I am the swarm

Rohit

#9 » Post by Rohit » 27 Oct 2016 06:07

Gnurg wrote:It's not too hard to deduce that this is one of those Gnurg-threads (aka selfish ones). Your priest lacks just a little rating to get Wrathful Shoulders and you probably lack the arena points to get them this season (unless this suggestion is applied).
LEL, really? Desperate THAT much?! :lol:
Character list:

Rohit Co-GM of Gentlemen Club - Holy PvP / Retribution PvE
Androgeus - Unholy PvE / Frost PvE
Xerses - Fury PvE / Protection PvE
Yantrik - Fire PvE
Feraligator - Restoration PvE / Feral PvE
Shamanz - Restoration PvE
Ameliorate - Shadow PvE / Discipline PvE
Hawkeyez - Marksmanship PvE
Zhingalala - Demonology PvE / Destruction PvE
Cryptian - Subtlety PvP 29 twink

Quit TW, amazing staff, REALLY!

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Oct 2016 08:44

Rohit wrote:
Gnurg wrote:It's not too hard to deduce that this is one of those Gnurg-threads (aka selfish ones). Your priest lacks just a little rating to get Wrathful Shoulders and you probably lack the arena points to get them this season (unless this suggestion is applied).
?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Rohit

#11 » Post by Rohit » 27 Oct 2016 09:57

Gnurg wrote:
Rohit wrote:
?
Was meant for Waterbottles that he was so desperate to get the WF shoulders that he'd have the staff change something which in my opinion shouldn't be messed with at all.
Character list:

Rohit Co-GM of Gentlemen Club - Holy PvP / Retribution PvE
Androgeus - Unholy PvE / Frost PvE
Xerses - Fury PvE / Protection PvE
Yantrik - Fire PvE
Feraligator - Restoration PvE / Feral PvE
Shamanz - Restoration PvE
Ameliorate - Shadow PvE / Discipline PvE
Hawkeyez - Marksmanship PvE
Zhingalala - Demonology PvE / Destruction PvE
Cryptian - Subtlety PvP 29 twink

Quit TW, amazing staff, REALLY!

Roel
Founder

#12 » Post by Roel » 27 Oct 2016 10:26

Counting all actual matches that started, we're currently averaging about 60 games a day while at the start of the season this was about 100 a day.

Might have received more replies if it was posted as a suggestion, we won't change something just because that's what one player wants.

milanlord

#13 » Post by milanlord » 27 Oct 2016 12:36

You didn't queue before, cause Shaharan was playing with Diryn, then with Potato and now since he got everything he wanted on other toons, he started playing with you :)
So, yeah I think this thread is really selfish, if we want to have "blizzlike" server, can we please not nerf down anymore anything related to pve/pvp scene. Cause we are slowly turning into fun server, thanks to these kind of suggestions.
Getting shoulder is already easier since you need 2050 raiting and I think this is the line where we shouldn't go under than this and also not changing the price for items or the amount arena points you get.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

benzviliran

#14 » Post by benzviliran » 28 Oct 2016 03:19

even if at the start of the season there were 100 while recently there are 60 probably that start of the season lasted for a very short time.

me and shaharan were queueing for days for hours w8ing for people to queue (we used to queue with a low pve shadow priest and low pvp arms warr since we had no gear and yet no one was almost queueing(unlike mr milanjulous says).

at some point i had even less time to be active(including in pve) and since i found myself w8ing in queue for so long i decided to stop queuing much same as shaharan.

if i wanted to get shoulders that much i would have continued to play and farm lesser good teams none stop and avoid playing against good teams.

i had no activity on the arena for about 3-4 months and before that i had 1950 rating, like it was a problem for me to get 100 more... i just didnt have the nerves to wait for queue so i stopped .

again if at the start of the season there were 100 queues it was for like what ...? 30 days? and later the amount of queues became so low that it was just not fun to try to queue spending hours just to get 1 game.

recently as i said the queues increased by X times and after noticing that i decided to queue more and if there wasnt an increasing amount of arena activity i wouldnt make this suggestion((excuse me for not putting it as a suggestion that was a mistake).

about being desperate? or changing stuff for me? well i wouldnt make that threat if i thought it benefits only me, in fact i counted on that it would benefit more others than me.

i dont think im desperate at all, in my opinion thats a way to maintain the amount of queues if you think otherwise thats something else.

it is good that people are giving their opinions and such and share it but it would be more apreciated if it didnt come with an attempts to taunt and stuff after all i didnt try to make this topic to insult you rohit or milanlord.
I am the swarm

Royo

#15 » Post by Royo » 28 Oct 2016 07:46

Why is it that people make suggestions only to their benefit when they are close to achieving some goal, or with the intent of them wanting to achieve some goal?

benz, don't you cry all the time that decisions that don't HELP YOU aren't blizzlike, therefore you automatically reject them? Yet, you are wanting to extend the reset or reduce the currency needed to purchase said items. Well, now you sound like a hypocrite.