GS Restrictions on BGs

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Winterlion

GS Restrictions on BGs

#1 » Post by Winterlion » 30 May 2016 06:20

I apologize if there's already a forum topic on this but why is there not a restriction on BGs as well to prevent EXTREMELY unbalanced PvP?

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: GS Restrictions on BGs

#2 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 30 May 2016 06:58

What restriction?
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Doctor_J
Developer

#3 » Post by Doctor_J » 30 May 2016 12:15

Would not be blizzlike, people can do bgs in whatever gear they choose however the differece here is that on retail due to them having a lot more players available for battleground when a bg is called it is not necessarily the first players in queue who get into a battleground first, but what happens is that when the bgs are made both teams will have the same average item level eve though both sides may have high geared characters and low geared characters but the average item level of both sides will be the same but this needs population

Mortium

#4 » Post by Mortium » 30 May 2016 14:22

Believe this was already suggested once, or something similar at least, in the suggestion section. If I recall right the answer was a "no". But like DRJ says above, that's my opinion as well.

Wilcox

#5 » Post by Wilcox » 30 May 2016 17:52

such a case is not possible on truewow like you said, doc, which is why we need a system to counter that

yesterday i and my teammates were burdened with carrying this fresh lv80 hunter called Boucher (less than 2k gs). with 15k hp and 0 resilience, he got absolutely annihilated and so did our team as we automatically started our fights with 1 fewer player. for the love of fuck at least make it average 216 item level or something, the item level of furious gear, so that things aren't THAT shitty, you know?

Royo

#6 » Post by Royo » 30 May 2016 18:08

Wilcox wrote:such a case is not possible on truewow like you said, doc, which is why we need a system to counter that

yesterday i and my teammates were burdened with carrying this fresh lv80 hunter called Boucher (less than 2k gs). with 15k hp and 0 resilience, he got absolutely annihilated and so did our team as we automatically started our fights with 1 fewer player. for the love of fuck at least make it average 216 item level or something, the item level of furious gear, so that things aren't THAT shitty, you know?
He's a saboteur.

He just started going into BGs, at lvl 80. Why? Why hasn't he done any dungeons at all? Why just start PvPing at lvl 80, and not during the earlier brackets? But hey, how can I prove that, right?

It sounds elitist, but as Wilcox said, at least with furious gear or something. I would never agree to this, but after seeing yesterday's antics with this player, I've now to rant here.

Folkk

#7 » Post by Folkk » 30 May 2016 18:28

Wilcox wrote:such a case is not possible on truewow like you said, doc, which is why we need a system to counter that

Well atleast that guy has some gear atleast. You should have seen the hunter rockin' bgs a few days ago with Helm of Narv. Not even outland items >:(
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 30 May 2016 18:44

Considering we got Wintergrasp, a new (low geared) 80 player could easily enjoy her first few PvP hours here before finding sufficent gear to become useful in RBG.

I would't put the restriction above average item level 200 though as gearing up for a player, that isn't outspoken or lacks contacts, can be rough. 200 is more than enough Imo.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Wilcox

#9 » Post by Wilcox » 30 May 2016 19:00

Folkk wrote:

Well atleast that guy has some gear atleast. You should have seen the hunter rockin' bgs a few days ago with Helm of Narv. Not even outland items >:(
yeah well tell you what, boucher has less gear than that guy

Floss

#10 » Post by Floss » 30 May 2016 20:01

I've always wanted this Restriction to happen but then i thought to myself , what if 6k pvers join the bgs with 0 resil ? Its the same thing if you want to be fair...

However , full pve is good for Sota and for lame arcane mages (like Fastor) ^_^ ;)

Wilcox

#11 » Post by Wilcox » 30 May 2016 21:47

Floss wrote:I've always wanted this Restriction to happen but then i thought to myself , what if 6k pvers join the bgs with 0 resil ? Its the same thing if you want to be fair...

However , full pve is good for Sota and for lame arcane mages (like Fastor) ^_^ ;)
at least those people still dish out some damage

these, on the other hand, run in and die, and repeat process until bg ends

Fastor

#12 » Post by Fastor » 30 May 2016 22:32

Wilcox wrote:
Floss wrote:I've always wanted this Restriction to happen but then i thought to myself , what if 6k pvers join the bgs with 0 resil ? Its the same thing if you want to be fair...
at least those people still dish out some damage
these, on the other hand, run in and die, and repeat process until bg ends
And yet end up as one of most valuable.

benzviliran

#13 » Post by benzviliran » 30 May 2016 22:41

i wonder if theres a possibility to make a resi restriction on bgs instead of GS.
I am the swarm

Wilcox

#14 » Post by Wilcox » 30 May 2016 22:51

benzviliran wrote:i wonder if theres a possibility to make a resi restriction on bgs instead of GS.
that would be very easy to get around and inefficient. ilvl is slightly better, some people want to play in pve gear and im ok with that as long as their items arent like naxxramas grade

benzviliran

#15 » Post by benzviliran » 31 May 2016 00:03

Wilcox wrote:
benzviliran wrote:i wonder if theres a possibility to make a resi restriction on bgs instead of GS.
that would be very easy to get around and inefficient. ilvl is slightly better, some people want to play in pve gear and im ok with that as long as their items arent like naxxramas grade

.ilvl is deff not good, i have lvled a shaman to 80 and to enter rhcs i equipted him with a leather chest that gives attack power a cloth shoulders that gives spell power a ring that gives stamina and defense rating and doge a cloth wrist that gives spell power etc, it gave me like 5k gs but i had about -2k armor -500 spell power and - to many other states and obviously its not good for a resto/ele shaman right? but with ilvl it can enter.

it wouldnt make a good dps and it would die pretty quick.

but if u increase ilvl then people who wish to enter with furious or relentless gear wont have enough either .

however i believe a premade restriction could be made that requires players to have a combination of things in order to be accepted into rbg that wont require them too much but from the other hand wont let them in with a gear that does not allow them to help at all.
I am the swarm