Post here if you want AV and SOTA

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Tarolock

Re: Post here if you want AV and SOTA

#31 » Post by Tarolock » 14 Jun 2011 11:59

thats not blizzlike, btw av is the best for this server, nabs can go to the middle killfarming, pve type players can go king, and players who know whats the goal on a bg they can go destroy towers :D

Cover25

#32 » Post by Cover25 » 14 Jun 2011 12:08

AV? Thats like a 30v30 BG. (Tbh not sure the exact amount) Lowering it to like 10v10 Will make it so barren, The BG it self is huge.

Vanatorul

#33 » Post by Vanatorul » 14 Jun 2011 13:08

Cover, as I said... I whant to help but if someone could explain me what to do i could actually do someting (hopefully). Just giving me a link to some site isn't exactly explaining what i have to do. You said "You Find a Issue to fix. Fix it, then submit it into github." I don't actualy understand what i should seek for... I repeat to explain doesn't mean to give a link and say "Use this."

Tarolock

#34 » Post by Tarolock » 14 Jun 2011 13:29

first av is 40v40, second by helping to trinity they mean get a bug from the reports on trinity bugtracker, and fix it (like quests fix/npc bugs in db, spells/talents/boss scripts needs scripting in c++)

Vanatorul

#35 » Post by Vanatorul » 14 Jun 2011 15:54

Ok Thanks Tarolock. This is what i ment with explanations but how can i find out what exacdtly is wrong on our server? (About C++ don't worrk i am studdying it at high school and i can ask my teacher for help if i don't understand something)

Powdered

#37 » Post by Powdered » 15 Jun 2011 11:12

Cover25 wrote:AV? Thats like a 30v30 BG. (Tbh not sure the exact amount) Lowering it to like 10v10 Will make it so barren, The BG it self is huge.
lowering AV to 10/10 will
1. be able to add to rbg
2. once started wont close in 5 mins
3. allow people to join once it's .ann to server has started
4. add another bg to have instead the same old 3 bg's
5. have more than a 30 min bg
Tarolock wrote:thats not blizzlike, btw av is the best for this server, nabs can go to the middle killfarming, pve type players can go king, and players who know whats the goal on a bg they can go destroy towers :D
nor is linked auction house
which is here because of low pop
I'm only talking about lowering the min req'ed to 10 not total in av which is 40 vs 40

all in all its up to roel
Ask before you steal signature's (AXXO)

Bathala

#38 » Post by Bathala » 16 Jun 2011 08:32

Well, the subject of the thread is simple. Post if you want AV and SOTA.
I want them both.
It's good that the issues and problems are raised by the forum but ultimately, any pvp player would want all the BG's he could get. I'm even more excited of Bradspit's idea of a possible Wintergrasp in Truewow, I could only imagine how much fun and challenging that would be.

I admire Vanatorul and Powdered for offering their help and suggestions. Sorry I can't be of that much help. I could barely manage my play time with my real life responsibilities. I think Powdered's suggestion is a great idea for AV if that's really possible. In the end, we're all here to have as much fun as we can, and I believe adding two more BG's is another step towards that.

Btw, GJ @ Bradspit for opening this topic again. And hopefully, we'll see each other someday in an epic Wintergrasp battle. :twisted:

bradspit

#39 » Post by bradspit » 17 Jun 2011 23:13

40 people are enough for a good AV, and we have 40 people in EOTS and AB, so reducing the minimum number of players to, let's say 15 , will make people join it. As i see the population is raising and maybe one day we will get 40vs40. But that will not happen if you just close it. And try considering that sometimes you have 2 bgs running.
The only good system is a sound system!

OkweL

#40 » Post by OkweL » 21 Jun 2011 13:42

You just said yourself why it is closed. We have SOMETIMES enough, but most of the time it's not enough even to start 10 vs 10.

just4nick8

#41 » Post by just4nick8 » 25 Jun 2011 22:11

i only like AB :)