AB, AV & WSG exalted items

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
.Sorrugis

AB, AV & WSG exalted items

#1 » Post by .Sorrugis » 24 Aug 2015 23:52

Has it been stated how these items will be obtainable when enabled?

Purely through honor? Will the reputation be required still? Will it be a mix of honor points and arena points but require rating? No rating?

I'd be curious to know, so as to prepare properly.

.lucasrayken

Re: AB, AV & WSG exalted items

#2 » Post by .lucasrayken » 25 Aug 2015 00:10

This is extremely important for us that enjoy the good ol' rekin faces in BGs. WTB Answer

Roel
Founder

#3 » Post by Roel » 25 Aug 2015 00:15

Some will only require honor, some also arena points and some also rating. For the exact number of each item, you will need to wait until release day and the announcement. But if you want to prepare, I suggest getting as much honor, arena points and rating as possible.

The system itself is not changed. It resembles the WotLK PvP system so ranks or reputation don't matter for getting gear.

Tweaker

#4 » Post by Tweaker » 25 Aug 2015 00:17

Prime wrote:Some will only require honor, some also arena points and some also rating. For the exact number of each item, you will need to wait until release day and the announcement. But if you want to prepare, I suggest getting as much honor, arena points and rating as possible.

The system itself is not changed. It resembles the WotLK PvP system so ranks or reputation don't matter for getting gear.
Will all d2 items be enabled?

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 25 Aug 2015 00:25

Tweaker wrote:Will all d2 items be enabled?
I guess players really can't wait for an announce :)
Only bracers, belt and gloves from dungeon set 2 will become available in this patch even though they were originally added at a later time.

.Sorrugis

#6 » Post by .Sorrugis » 25 Aug 2015 03:49

The excitement. I can hardly contain myself.

You heard the man. Get to PvP'ing people!

theace92

#7 » Post by theace92 » 26 Aug 2015 04:05

why do you force people to do arena? i thought lvl 60 pvp was about BGs, not arena

.Sorrugis

#8 » Post by .Sorrugis » 26 Aug 2015 08:12

theace92 wrote:why do you force people to do arena? i thought lvl 60 pvp was about BGs, not arena
It's not forced upon anyone, simply where the best gear can be found. This is how the wrath client worked and I for one enjoy this system. The small pool of players at the moment is making it very hard to gain rating, but when the stars align and players do queue up it makes the wait very much worth it.

I'm personally in the process of contacting a few players I've had the opportunity to play with; both over the course of re-rolling here as well as those I've known prior to Primal in an effort to organize a PvP training ground if you will. My thought is that it would benefit the server if there were a system in place where players who were interested in learning the finer details of PvP could go to pick up a few pointers. Some players find PvP frustrating and no fun, but I hope something like this could change the atmosphere to make it a bit more enjoyable.

In the end, both parties would stand to benefit.

Even if you are only interested in PvE, it's been well documented that players who spend time PvP'ing have increased reaction times and a deeper understanding of their class (as well as other classes). In rare cases there are exceptions to this rule, which we refer to as the "Ohhgee Syndrome".

Stay tuned for details. If you are interested in taking part or assisting with this, please don't hesitate to send me a private message here on the forums so that I can begin to compile a list of interested people.

.kurthos

#9 » Post by .kurthos » 31 Aug 2015 03:38

Should give arena points from the first win of the day if you intend to require points for items traditionally available from rep grinding. As it is you won't see many people running around with unstoppable force, even though it's going to be outclassed by mc and zg items. By giving arena points from the first win/honor weekend you'll encourage both arenas and bgs to pop.

Sylaces

#10 » Post by Sylaces » 31 Aug 2015 09:13

Sorrugis wrote:
theace92 wrote:why do you force people to do arena? i thought lvl 60 pvp was about BGs, not arena
It's not forced upon anyone, simply where the best gear can be found. This is how the wrath client worked and I for one enjoy this system. The small pool of players at the moment is making it very hard to gain rating, but when the stars align and players do queue up it makes the wait very much worth it.

I'm personally in the process of contacting a few players I've had the opportunity to play with; both over the course of re-rolling here as well as those I've known prior to Primal in an effort to organize a PvP training ground if you will. My thought is that it would benefit the server if there were a system in place where players who were interested in learning the finer details of PvP could go to pick up a few pointers. Some players find PvP frustrating and no fun, but I hope something like this could change the atmosphere to make it a bit more enjoyable.

In the end, both parties would stand to benefit.

Even if you are only interested in PvE, it's been well documented that players who spend time PvP'ing have increased reaction times and a deeper understanding of their class (as well as other classes). In rare cases there are exceptions to this rule, which we refer to as the "Ohhgee Syndrome".

Stay tuned for details. If you are interested in taking part or assisting with this, please don't hesitate to send me a private message here on the forums so that I can begin to compile a list of interested people.
it does force arena because of the fact that it's the only way to get that gear, only helm and shoulders could maybe req rating at max, locking ppl from getting gear only makes sure fotm gets even more op than it already is, so it's no surprise then if 9 times out of 10 one side gets completly crushed and dosent stand a chance causing them not to queue anymore, class "balance" also has a huge say in this, prob bigger than gear

tl;dr more obtainable gear, less crushing = more fun more pvp activity

useronly

#11 » Post by useronly » 31 Aug 2015 17:40

If we can get to the point where FOTM is actually a thing on this server, I would be so happy. At this point, no one has a clue what FOTM is, so I'm not sure that argument is meritorious just yet.

Sylaces

#12 » Post by Sylaces » 01 Sep 2015 11:11

useronly wrote:If we can get to the point where FOTM is actually a thing on this server, I would be so happy. At this point, no one has a clue what FOTM is, so I'm not sure that argument is meritorious just yet.
this guy sums up pretty well the current bg experience and why ppl just dont want to pvp
destro209 wrote:Horde suck they just drop down off the gy and get farmed by the overgeared alliance. Que'd couple games on my warlock at 60 and all i seen was horde feeding the alliance ez honor.
fotm may not be the biggest issue atm but when coupled with others (overgeraring, rating req) this is the result, one side crushes the other all the time and never a somewhat even battle, this is imo the biggest deterrent to potential pvpers, so my proposition is to allow more gear to ppl to level the ground atleast a bit, funny how similar the pvp here is to the pvp on retail, i still do hope they get their shit together and do something about it

the only (maybe) better alternative is cross-faction bgs

Zanmato

#13 » Post by Zanmato » 01 Sep 2015 11:24

kurthos wrote:Should give arena points from the first win of the day if you intend to require points for items traditionally available from rep grinding. As it is you won't see many people running around with unstoppable force, even though it's going to be outclassed by mc and zg items. By giving arena points from the first win/honor weekend you'll encourage both arenas and bgs to pop.
Bump for visibility.
Completely agree with this.

.lucasrayken

#14 » Post by .lucasrayken » 01 Sep 2015 18:25

The major problem is not even the costs of arena points/honor. The problem lies within the arena rating requirement for items. All it does is encourage people wintrade arenas since there is not a healthy amount of arena teams to make it work..

Shave

#15 » Post by Shave » 01 Sep 2015 19:06

All it does is encourage people wintrade arenas since there is not a healthy amount of arena teams to make it work..<----Agree