PvP gear requiring arena

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Soulman

Re: PvP gear requiring arena

#31 » Post by Soulman » 14 Aug 2015 03:15

Not seeing a better alternative so far. Requiring arena rating in nilla content is silly.
Viviane 60 Orc Hunter 300/300 Dragonscale LW

.Sorrugis

#32 » Post by .Sorrugis » 14 Aug 2015 12:17

The being able to swap honor points for arena points was a decent idea. Just make it so the exchange rate is quite ridiculous, requiring 4+

Then make the items cost two or three times more arena points if you don't have the rating.

Still hints a bit of the retail mentality where everyone is getting free legendaries now, but I wouldn't riot over this change.

Sylaces

#33 » Post by Sylaces » 14 Aug 2015 21:01

Sorrugis wrote:The being able to swap honor points for arena points was a decent idea. Just make it so the exchange rate is quite ridiculous, requiring 4+

Then make the items cost two or three times more arena points if you don't have the rating.

Still hints a bit of the retail mentality where everyone is getting free legendaries now, but I wouldn't riot over this change.
i think it should take many months to get fully geared regardless of the kind of pvp, cost or exchange rate they choose, if they ever implement this, i hardly see it as handing over free gear

ceh789
Donor

#34 » Post by ceh789 » 14 Aug 2015 22:20

Sorrugis wrote:The being able to swap honor points for arena points was a decent idea. Just make it so the exchange rate is quite ridiculous, requiring 4+

I'm way too lazy to find it, but I know you were the one saying this stuff isn't supposed to be a reward for grinding BGs for honor until your eyes bleed. I believe it was the 'pooping in a bucket' behavior you specifically called out?

The main problem with making gear cost absurd amounts of honor is that it specifically rewards bad BG play (i.e. farming HKs, ignoring objectives, refusing to defend etc) and I have concern it would encourage or at least make people feel justified in illegal play (i.e. win trading, botting or playing against dummy accounts).
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

.Sorrugis

#35 » Post by .Sorrugis » 15 Aug 2015 03:28

I mean I'd still rather to see it awarded to those who have proven themselves worthy of the top tier of gear.

Can see how Blizzard fell down the path they did, trying to please everyone. It's impossible.

The current system seems fair and balanced. Let's just roll with that for the time being.

Sylaces

#36 » Post by Sylaces » 15 Aug 2015 12:38

ceh789 wrote:

I'm way too lazy to find it, but I know you were the one saying this stuff isn't supposed to be a reward for grinding BGs for honor until your eyes bleed. I believe it was the 'pooping in a bucket' behavior you specifically called out?

The main problem with making gear cost absurd amounts of honor is that it specifically rewards bad BG play (i.e. farming HKs, ignoring objectives, refusing to defend etc) and I have concern it would encourage or at least make people feel justified in illegal play (i.e. win trading, botting or playing against dummy accounts).
why would it reward bad BG play when wining gives much more honor than farming HKs ? or refusing to defend and ignoring objectives wich btw is the same thing, rewarding daily quests like http://www.wowhead.com/quest=8114 could further discourage that kind of behaviour

honestly i think it wouldnt encourage bad bg play, atleast not more than it already does or would do if population was bigger

it's not like arena is immune to win trading botting or playing against dummy accounts

EDIT: iirc earlier wotlk still had daily bg quests from battlemasters and turning them for marks of honor or just honor points, cant remember right now anyway something similar could be reintroduced

adolphjlj123

#37 » Post by adolphjlj123 » 15 Aug 2015 13:00

I agree with the poster above me, you get more honor for doing objectives in bgs, even more with quests. Also, would implementing bg tokens and rep dailies back into the game be so hard?