WSG sadness

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Prite

WSG sadness

#1 » Post by Prite » 01 Apr 2011 22:23

I don't consider myself a pvp know it all... my "bulk" of knowledge comes from 29th lvl twinking in woo, and I don't know the right tactcs and all.. But.. a couple minutes ago horde lost miserably cause 2 members didn't follow the tactics... I know it has happen to some of u guys before , but this story is really sad :/

Allies had 2 twinks + their 1.8K HP "tank pally" we had like 2 lvl 19's (not twinks I believe, or if they were, they're "young" twinks still)
My sugestion for the tactic was simple, the 2 shamans (1 lvl 19) from our team went to their flag while the rest defended allied offensive. But 2 of our members went with the shamans, and the other lvl 19 ( seemed to me like a young wow player, he was very eager to get the flag and to help out) without those 2, the defense actually hold quite a bit, but in the end we all died... their "tank" got a hold of our flag, only for like 3-4 seconds later our carrier arriving with the flag :/ not a joke it wasn't even 5seconds :/
our flag carrier eventually died and they capped and capped and finally capped again... on their second capping I got alone trying to kill their flag carrier while a lvl 16 warrior and a lvl 11 priest tried to kill me, I end up dying :/
What saddens me the most is just the simple fact that 2 of our members went up instead of defending... :/ I have the utmost trust that with both of them we would had hold long enough to see our shaman cap the flag first.. and I know that after that would be either rense and repeat or we would just defend inside the flag room :/

I'm not unbelivable pissed at those 2 guys, I'm not, but I'm sad :/ against all odds, but with a plan, we could had stand a chance :/ this is one of the reasons I actually enjoy twinks and twinking,they provide sometimes an awesome challenge, were we actuall recur to tactics to beat them, and teamwork..

we could had won that bg with tactics and teamwork against "better and stronger" oponents :(
Sad :'( just Sad :'(
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Sunshine

Re: WSG sadness

#2 » Post by Sunshine » 01 Apr 2011 23:59

these are the topics i love the most on this forum, about 10-19 pvp :D
i have played on horde side for a couple of months in the 10-19 bracket, i made a few twinks there (3 to be exact), and since a few weeks we started losing time after time after time after time.. so i was considering leveling, but i'm to lazy for that, then an rl friend who has 80 said he was switching to ally, i didn't really have a choice then doing so aswell (he helps me out all the time), in first few bg's on ally side there where way more healers.. and everyone in my team looked so skilled, never really had that losing time after time problem again.. ps.. what is ur 10-19's name? xD

Don't blame me for my typing skillz :P lack on english + dyslexia

Prite

#3 » Post by Prite » 02 Apr 2011 09:18

Hallowed, the annoying mage imho... cause all I try to do is slow, freeze, sheep and piss off allies XD I died a lot lol XD

I'm not making a twink though... I'm just levlein this mage with no quests (except maybe a few event quests, so I can get achievements and such)

so u went ally... see? I don't get it.. horde gets pwnd cause the ratio of twinks is way bigger on ally side... if horde keeps loosing their twinks to ally side, ofc we'll loose, and that won't provide a chalenge...
sometimes allies queue with 5 twinks... that's very bad atm cause if the pwn horde badly they won't queue again.. but what pisses me the most is when the twinks, who should be more experienced and "aged" camp... that's laim and camping lowbies or non-twinks in the wsg is very very laim.. I ask of u to tell ur mates not to do that cause that takes away the spirit of battlegrounding from "young players"...
imagine ure a young playing getting killed over and over and not standing a chance, you would "grow up" hating Bg's thus not queueing, thus not playing, and less bg's will happen cause of that. just my two cents :)
"Engenhus Facultis"

Sunshine

#4 » Post by Sunshine » 02 Apr 2011 13:19

aha..hallowed, i know about the camping thingy, it happens in almost every bg :geek:
i personally don't care that much about having tons of kills in a bg, i care mostly about winning..
but sometimes it can be fun to destroy a whole team on ur own at their graveyard (fun untill other allys come)

the reason i switched to ally was, because an rl friend of mine, that has an 80 on this server switched sides.
and this game is most fun if you play it with friends.. so i also switched :mrgreen:

-

#5 » Post by - » 13 Apr 2011 16:51

Man, I really feel your pain, I've actually been thru this, these guys just don't do the right things and what they are told, they just plain do what they think it's best for THEM, and when you say something to them, they just go all hyped or something, at least that's what was with the guys I was with... That's why I just focus on defending and killin', more than following some guys that want to kamikaze themselves :D... And that actually leads me right at the top of the scoreboard! ;) But if I go for steal, I run as hell and try to get around everyone while they are fighting, no1 actually sees me and I get back safe and sound with a flag stolen in my score xD...

gojiira
Donor

#6 » Post by gojiira » 21 Apr 2011 14:13

yes, as a horde mage I've gotten quite distressed at the wierd gameplay in battlegrounds.

twinks I don't mind much...but I really think there should be a gearscore bracket for these types of players.

STICK THEM ON THEIR OWN BG. 19's only or something.

when there's twinks vs the little lv10's and 12's, I've been on many games where one side has a 2-0 advantage and runs around with the third CAP just crushing ppl.

and you hordies, I've seen that shht too. you're just as bad. STOP IT!!!

It's nice to be geared, but camping folks like that does really detract from the fun that BG's should be.

get your 3 CAPS and a few kills and re-que.
Fyrestorm - Demonologist
Baandage - Shadow Priest
Darkusthour - Survival/MM Hunter
Betrayal - Arcane Magus

For The Horde!!

Prite

#7 » Post by Prite » 21 Apr 2011 14:36

Well personally I don't camp, the only time my "feet" are in the allies gy is when I'm going there through with the flag, and quick hint, it's very rare for me to go there XD

I at the most stand below in front of the gy in that small mount near the first house, and wait for allies to buff up, prepare tactics and start the fight

I specially think that camping at 10-19 is pathetic, cause u're taking the joy of pvp from lowbies.
Don't do that please, otherwise bg's will never start :/
"Engenhus Facultis"

Vaati
Banned

#8 » Post by Vaati » 30 Apr 2011 04:31

Camp the 80s instead! I'm still waiting to see that..

And I also want to see a Pally bubble-hearth in a BG.. that would be funny
Biscuit - Level 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Horde)
Bisquick - Level 80 Feral Druid (Formerly Narcissa's) (Horde)
Bisquit - Level 80 Elemental/Resto Shaman (Horde)
Biscadin - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Horde)
Bisclock - Level 80 Affliction Warlock (Ally)
Bisc - Level 80 Shadow Priest (Ally)
Biscation - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Ally)
Formerly known as Patregis - Undead Rogue
Roel wrote:What's wrong with your brains?

-

#9 » Post by - » 06 Jun 2011 17:13

Bubble-hearth in a BG? Wow...

Roel
Founder

#10 » Post by Roel » 06 Jun 2011 17:31

Wow that sounds fun and maybe better than jumping off the edge when there is no edge. Ok that will be one more thing I want to achieve for when I need/want to leave BG anyway =P

-

#11 » Post by - » 06 Jun 2011 21:22

LOL I will NEVER try that.

Flexall
Donor

#12 » Post by Flexall » 07 Jun 2011 05:29

I've done it before...yep im the noob. Allys were losing terribly and I wanted to go out with a bang. Horde were standing around me typing /question
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

-

#13 » Post by - » 07 Jun 2011 14:16

... No comment about this...

Dunn

#14 » Post by Dunn » 21 Jun 2011 12:52

LOL the old WSG can be a tale of tears of victory and/or sadness (and sometimes both!)

My worst wsg was definitely one where we started out level, and ended up being outnumbered about 6-3.. and the horde was camping the 3rd cap, and stuck to graveyard farming. Worst. Day. Ever.

And I NEVER quit wsg before it ends, so...