The Joys of Graveyard Camping

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
10-19@twink-news

The Joys of Graveyard Camping

#1 » Post by 10-19@twink-news » 07 Dec 2014 17:20

So unethical. So chicken. All for HK which now stands for "HonorLESS Kills". Can't even let the poor underdog team have a chance to rebuff and stick out another skirmish. Both sides do it but there is only one twink guild I know that actually discourages graveyard camping as a stern rule to all its guildies.

Shamm from The Grim Reaper guild and his totem GY camping on side of cliff and in horde graveyard itself:

The most ethical and fair guild to all players, including Alliance, when it comes to BG morals:

I chose the last snapshot on this topic with the sunset and Booty Bay harbor in the background as a spiritual indication of the reflection of oneself. If you GY camp, what does that say about you?

strikerz6
Donor

Re: The Joys of Graveyard Camping

#2 » Post by strikerz6 » 07 Dec 2014 17:34

I actually agree that graveyard camping is quite pathetic, it's more fair (and fun) for each side to have a chance at a fair fight, (Sidenote: Shamm isn't quite the saint you see, I've seen his true colors back when I was alliance...)
Your friend/enemy, Twinfox/Isutan

Therealshammtwink

#3 » Post by Therealshammtwink » 07 Dec 2014 18:00

ill tell you what sponsor stop all horde graveyard camping then am sure alliance will return the favour.

Sagiri
Donor

#4 » Post by Sagiri » 07 Dec 2014 18:01

We should make a subforum for twink drama. They deserve their own place.
` I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame.
Shuffling the cards of your game...
And just in time and in the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace.`

Teraan

#5 » Post by Teraan » 07 Dec 2014 18:05

Sagiri wrote:We should make a subforum for twink drama. They deserve their own place.
This.
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Therealshammtwink

#6 » Post by Therealshammtwink » 07 Dec 2014 18:49

When warsong clan stops farming alliance lowbies and fake queing i think alliance will return the favour.

ShinDarth
Donor

#7 » Post by ShinDarth » 07 Dec 2014 19:02

The trick is to DO NOT DO GRAVEYARD CAMPING IN ANY CASE, EVEN IF THE OPPOSITE FACTION JUST DID IT.

I always discourage everyone to camp in graveyards, and usually when I tell someone to stop farming people, he/she just says "I do it because they do it too". So this is a vicious circle, a sequence of reciprocal cause and effect in which two or more elements intensify and aggravate each other, leading inexorably to a worsening of the situation.
Former GamingConsortium developer

Creator of PvPstats

Former 70-79 Twink player - M/Nadrine (Destruction Warlock)

Arraj

#8 » Post by Arraj » 07 Dec 2014 19:08

Teraan wrote:
Sagiri wrote:We should make a subforum for twink drama. They deserve their own place.
This.
I'm very aware of how most of you look at this thing ;)
I believe I sent pm to roel asking about subforum for twinking part of server community.

I got "no".
Wont go againts word of a boss, but I really thing we should get one ;) Trading sub forum too.

@Shamm
Whenever horde does gy camping it's some randoms or very inactive 19lv character like Homi. I believe we delt with that issue last time as Homi was THE ONLY one who did gy camping.
Literally WHOLE guild was pointing at him and asking him to stop. I told him that if he does it one more time - he is out.
Post one screenshot after that incident where you can see us staying at your graveyard longer than 1 minute.
We go up only when Zheus picks flag and hides behind balistas. That's the time when are forced to camp your graveyard in order to prevent others making their way to your flag carrier.
STOP saying that Warsong Clan does gy camping. Its not allowed in our guild, anyone who does it after initial warning is out.

Thing is that you, as one of most popular/influential characters for alliance in this bracket, are behaving like that. You should be an example of how to behave in such occasions. You should set example to other mostly because you good shaman & veteran of bracket. You do just opposite, you are making us look bad as 19lv community.
You are the reason of most bug/exploit abusing report posts.
You are the reason of most "drama posts".
You make your own world look very bad in eyes of others.

What bothers me the most is that you are ruining everything I'm trying to achieve here. Your every post is making this bracket darker and darker in eyes of potential new players. Ego everywhere, negative wibe on max level, battlegrounds in times when literally none is online... Not the way you should be doing stuff if you want this bracket to rise.
Last edited by Arraj on 07 Dec 2014 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

10-19@twink-news

#9 » Post by 10-19@twink-news » 07 Dec 2014 19:26

Therealshammtwink wrote:When warsong clan stops farming alliance lowbies and fake queing i think alliance will return the favour.
If you have ss of us graveyard camping please post them on this topic. Like I said both sides do it but Warsong Clan is the only guild that discourages it. Weather or not we graveyard camp remains to be investigated and I encourage you to post evidence of such camping. From my battles and from what I have seen, we only attack you at GY once you have had more than enough time to rebuff and regroup, and the allys just stand there doing nothing for a long period of time looking down at us from their GY.

With regards to farming alliance "lowbies", everyone who joins BGs is equal and so if a lower level player is attacking us or interrupting our attacks we will fight back, just like you do and so does the alliance. Every single blow counts - hell I've died to a lowbie's killing blow. In a war, any war, there is no mercy for a person with a weapon in his hand. If a horde lowbie had the alliance flag on his back, would you not kill him because he is a "lowbie"?

In response to fake queuing, please post pics where there are more horde from the start of the battle. (and please don't post pics after alliance leaves when losing a battle and say that there were more horde than ally - I need ss from the start of BG to the finish - and also, please don't create or use your horde chars and leave the queue with your ally chars just to join BG to make a point)

Bluebell
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Bluebell » 07 Dec 2014 20:00

People will always GY camp, it's what people do.

First step to try make it less frequent, is to not do it yourself, and to tell your team mates not to. Amount of times my team begs me not to carry last flag 'cos they "want to farm kills" is ridiculous, would say 50% of my Horde WSGs at 80.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Arraj

#11 » Post by Arraj » 07 Dec 2014 20:57

Bluebell wrote:People will always GY camp, it's what people do.

First step to try make it less frequent, is to not do it yourself, and to tell your team mates not to. Amount of times my team begs me not to carry last flag 'cos they "want to farm kills" is ridiculous, would say 50% of my Horde WSGs at 80.
I can guarantee you that gy camping happens once or twice a month in our guild. And it's often someone who is new to all this or some very inactive player. We don't tolerate repetitive actions of such manner. First goes the warning, next time gy camper is no longer member of our guild.

First step to try make it less frequent, is to not do it yourself, and to tell your team mates not to

Couldn't agree more.
That's why I'm mad at him (Shamm, even tough i can say same for Sagirisoft) cuz he can make it stop but he does completely opposite. It's like they want to prove how "strong they are" and actually end up looking just like... meh such word doesn't even exist.

I see no challenge in killing someone who just respawned and had no time to buff up. We always wait near alliance hut and dont even atk them trough gy cliff.
Our guild has principles. I can't guarantee that everyone will respect them every time, but 99% of guild members are with me on it.
We managed to develop fair and righteous guild with members that wont abuse anything in their own advantage.
Might sound like a fairy tale, but join us and you will see that it's actually truth.
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

Therealshammtwink

#12 » Post by Therealshammtwink » 07 Dec 2014 21:12

Theres just to much to read now little stories going on here. :D

ShinDarth
Donor

#13 » Post by ShinDarth » 07 Dec 2014 21:42

Arraj wrote: I can guarantee you that gy camping happens once or twice a month in our guild. And it's often someone who is new to all this or some very inactive player. We don't tolerate repetitive actions of such manner. First goes the warning, next time gy camper is no longer member of our guild.
This is very good and I hope all twink guilds of all levels will act in this manner.
Former GamingConsortium developer

Creator of PvPstats

Former 70-79 Twink player - M/Nadrine (Destruction Warlock)

shaun03

#14 » Post by shaun03 » 07 Dec 2014 21:48

Arraj wrote: Ego everywhere, negative wibe on max level, battlegrounds in times when literally none is online... Not the way you should be doing stuff if you want this bracket to rise.
You need to be very careful what you say here. A couple of weeks ago, I levelled one of my characters through the bracket. One night, in about 5-6 consecutive battlegrounds, 3 twinks from your guild (can't remember the names) were up against 2 alliance levellers., myself included. In all those battlegrounds, we lost 3-0. So I'd like to point out a few things from that evening;

1) We were not GY farmed, which is what I expect from your guild(one GY farm and I will send those screenshots straight to you ;))
2) 3 horde twinks - all Warsong Clan vs 2 alliance levellers - fake queue'ing?
3) the twinks queued repeatedly - farming the bg wins, regardless of the opposition
4) this was before pvpstats was released, so there is no record for that wrongdoing

In every battleground that I did with Shamm, not once did he ever graveyard farm - he always ran the flag. By you telling him that he must only queue when you guys are online, is absolute idiocy, when your guild members were doing the exact same thing.

And please don't think that this bracket is dealing with isolated incidents, its even worst at 70-79, especially when all that is said about graveyard farming of low levels is "part of it". So I guess you guys need to put up with it, you can't change a bracket without dealing with the entire game.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Exor

#15 » Post by Exor » 07 Dec 2014 21:50

but GY camping is part of showing no mercy ;d