Fake Queeing Exposed with Pictures

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
10-19@twink-news

Fake Queeing Exposed with Pictures

#1 » Post by 10-19@twink-news » 07 Dec 2014 14:19

Hi all,

Recently players have experienced what is called "fake queuing" in BGs. But, people tend to get confused as to what fake queuing actually is and often confuse dual boxing in BGs with fake queuing. Although the nature of these methods of cheating is somewhat similar, here is what makes dual boxing and fake queuing slightly different:

Dual boxing BGs:
To dual box BGs, you open WoW twice or more and log into wow with at least 2 separate accounts you own, and join the same BG with both of these accounts simultaneously. This way you are versing yourself in a sense, as both accounts belong to you and you are in control of both factions in the same BG. This cheat method is primarily used to obtain difficult achievements illegally (such as but not limited to: Not In My House or Save The Day etc..). It is also used to intentionally make the opposing faction lose, by having a fake character involved in the BG who does nothing and therefore does not support its team mates and, in turn, preventing another legit player to join that faction and assist in BG because there is no space open for another team mate to join in while it is being occupied by the benign character.

However, dual boxing is risky because if a player reports you, or a GM monitors a BG, the GMs may ban you if they can successfully match your IP address (internet protocol address- a unique number assigned to your computer or computer's router and used to trace your location) to both accounts at the times you were suspected of dual boxing a BG. It is impossible to change your IP address without a disconnection. So therefore 2 accounts with the same IP address = same User. Even if you own a laptop separate to your main PC, or play with a friend at your house, since you are using the same router to connect to the internet the IP addresses of your laptop and PC will be within the same range e.g: your PC has IP address of 195.158.525.5 while your laptop has an IP address of 95.158.525.23 both of which are falling within range of each other. (Note: the IP addresses used in this example are made up and don't exist at the time of editing this post)

Signs of Dual Boxing in BG - When a character on your side:
* Is almost entirely still, doesn't move around the BG, doesn't do anything. Seems AFK from the start.
* Doesn't respond to your chats or doesn't respond immediately (because it is hard to control 2 characters at the same time)
* Is set to auto-walk - just walks in a straight line and into walls to try and fool you into thinking another real person is controlling that character.

Fake Queuing:
There are 2 ways of fake queuing BGs, one of which is undetectable by the GMs. The first way is that you dual box and queue but don't accept the entry into the BG on one of your accounts you are using to dual box. That way you don't actually enter the BG and can't be accused of dual boxing a BG since you didn't actually accept entry into the BG on that character from the start. You are merely abusing the queue system by being the first in queue but not actually joining the BG, you are just leaving the queue window open to hold up the queue and not declining until you are satisfied that you know you can win the BG. Now, you enter the BG with the faction you wish to support but, because you fake queued on the opposing faction, that faction will enter the BG with at least one player short so, there will be an uneven number of players on either side at the start and sometimes even well into the game when it is already to late to rescue the match.

However, if you fake queue using the dual boxing method, a GM could figure out that you are dual boxing characters who are in the same bracket for BG but you are holding up the ques by constantly declining to join the BG on one of your characters on the other account. So, if the GM can successfully match your IP address to both accounts and to the BG queue logs, you could be banned.

Signs of fake queuing:
*You can enter a BG instantly and in succession without waiting for other players to join the queue while none of the usual participants (i.e players you have worked with before in previous BGs) are online or are already involved in a dungeon instead.
* You are still the only one in the BG in your faction who has entered the BG and you are versing 2 or more from the opposing faction after the horn has blown for the battle to begin.
* Another player joins your faction in the battle to make it even but as your teammate joins another player is immediately added to the opposing faction, again making it uneven in terms of the number of players on either side.

The second way and most effective way of fake queuing because a GM can never catch you is to get a friend who lives elsewhere or who is on a completely separate network to yours (and hence different IP address) to fake queue for you. If a group of people, especially those who have a different IP address can arrange to take turns to do this, it is impossible for a GM to determine who is fake queuing because it seems like a legit queue from another player due to the fact that the IP addresses don't match. To a GMs perspective, it is another player who doesn't know you, who just joined the queue but temporarily AFK, which is normal since this does happen. People queue all the time but have to AFK to eat dinner and forget to exit queue and so when a BG is ready while they are eating, well... you get the picture...

Speaking of pictures, here is some proof of a BG being fake queued. all snapshots were taken right from the start of the BG, with Sponsor being the first and only horde to join the BG against 2 and then later 3 from the alliance side once his team mate Crodor was able to join:

Right as Sponsor joined, before the horn to begin the battle, it was already unevenly matched and Sponsor got into the BG instantly from his last match, but let's wait too see if another horde joins in:

About 30 seconds left before the battle begins but, still no horde...

The horn blows but wait! Another horde finally joins in! Viva La Crodor!!! ... hold on a second... 3 Alliance now???

And just over 4 minutes into the battle... still 3vs2. What is the point?

About 7 minutes into BG, after second flag capped by Alliance's Zheuswarrior and still no third horde:

And the final scoreboard - The "winner" is of course:

There have been numerous other BGs like this one as well and has been reported to the GMs to investigate further.

Here is another BG where fake queuing is suspected:
Sponsor just entered, already 2vs1

Battle begins, Sponsor still alone:

3 minutes Into the match, still no second horde

Now for a different BG that same night:

I don't know who is doing it as i don't have the means to verify and prove who is fake queuing but, there is a common denominator I can guess who it is just by looking at who is on Alliance side as he is joining all the time in each and every battle the horde are outnumbered. Or, maybe like I said earlier, there is an arrangement between them all, and they are in cahoots with one another.

ItchyVortex

Re: Fake Queeing Exposed with Pictures

#2 » Post by ItchyVortex » 07 Dec 2014 14:23

Mfw there is more drama between twinks than end game pvp.

Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

10-19@twink-news

#3 » Post by 10-19@twink-news » 07 Dec 2014 14:27

Lol we take fair game play seriously, especially now since PvP Stats are up :) but now im not too sure about the reliability of PvP stats anymore if it can be exploited like this

Torcano
Donor

#4 » Post by Torcano » 07 Dec 2014 15:29

"10-19... fair gameplay" Good thing someone suggested me to pop over to the forums more often than my usual amount of not much, these twink drama topics are quite amusing to say the least. :roll:
Infinite Rage!
gave my toons away /inactive/

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Hansrutger » 07 Dec 2014 15:37

Troll post #1: Amg it's only one player missing, learn to PvP!!!!
Troll post #2: It's blizzlike to do so!
Troll post #3: Another core update will fix it.

Now that I do not have to see the usual troll posts, which by the way make me smile every time. Even though with pictures, it is still very hard to prove something like this. Why so? Because there can be an actual player being like: "nah I'm going to quest instead of joining this battleground..." or something in that style. NOW! I am not defending anyone. I believe that this report is as valid as it is not, I'm just stating the obvious facts here just so no one forgets them. Like me yesterday, I queued for level 80 rbg but then when queue popped I saw that it was 2 AM and I thought "shit, better go to bed". I believe this is a strong issue WHEN the player is doing this with absolute attention of ruining the balance, it is a very boring way to win to be honest and I myself wouldn't like to be treated this way and that is why I don't treat others like this. Sadly not everyone "thinks as far as I do". :P
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Dropdead

#6 » Post by Dropdead » 07 Dec 2014 15:40

I dont like twinking too but all of you are missing the point of this topic . I checked a lot of 10-19 bgs last night via pvp stats aswell , and hell im 100 % sure an ally dualboxer was queing whole day because horde was always - 1 or 2 players in every single bg . Im just amazed how low can someone fall to win a god damn 10-19 battleground .

Arraj

#7 » Post by Arraj » 07 Dec 2014 16:55

Dropdead wrote:I dont like twinking too but all of you are missing the point of this topic . I checked a lot of 10-19 bgs last night via pvp stats aswell , and hell im 100 % sure an ally dualboxer was queing whole day because horde was always - 1 or 2 players in every single bg . Im just amazed how low can someone fall to win a god damn 10-19 battleground .

Finaly me and Naljs to agree on something.

You all misunderstood the point of the topic. Its not point in "nab 19s" or "pro 80s" stuff... thing is that these same guys can do this on higher level too. I posted several screenshots and replies about same thing.

Im just amazed how low can someone fall to win a god damn 10-19 battleground .

Totaly agree with Naljs on this !
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#8 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 07 Dec 2014 17:11

dropdead = mostwanted =/=naljs
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Dropdead

#9 » Post by Dropdead » 07 Dec 2014 18:26

Offtopic : Im far from Mostwanted , I'm more like Mosthated : D and ye not Naljs aswell .

Therealshammtwink

#10 » Post by Therealshammtwink » 07 Dec 2014 18:51

Sponsor it happens both sides and you know it dont start thinking we logg diffrent accounts just to get our guildies in or anything me personally i just que dont care whos on the other side of it

Arraj

#11 » Post by Arraj » 07 Dec 2014 19:02

Therealshammtwink wrote:Sponsor it happens both sides and you know it dont start thinking we logg diffrent accounts just to get our guildies in or anything me personally i just que dont care whos on the other side of it
OH RLY ??

Why can't you post something like this? :D

Dont make me spam here over 50 screenshots I have, go hide somewhere in corner :)
In less than 24h The Grim Reapers will be above Warsong Clan in score, and you will mention again how "op" you are by farming bgs in 3-4-5 AM :)
Kinda weird thing tough... such things only happen when you are around. Coincidence ehh ? :)

/hug /love /kiss ;)
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

Therealshammtwink

#12 » Post by Therealshammtwink » 07 Dec 2014 19:09

You know me so well and know how to get a reaction out of me so badly :D

I dont do it 100% check my logg times get one of the GMs to do it but you cant denie it does happen both sides
and your the only one that ever brings up pvp stats ive stoped all that its dumb what was the point of it ? to make one side feel like crap you out number us ofcourse ur gonna be top more people in your guild are in bgs more often.

Justicelight
Donor

#13 » Post by Justicelight » 07 Dec 2014 19:17

"10-19... fair gameplay" Good thing someone suggested me to pop over to the forums more often than my usual amount of not much, these twink drama topics are quite amusing to say the least. :roll:
Mfw there is more drama between twinks than end game pvp.

So if they are level 19 what? :

- they are playing like they want, they are players like we are, we should all have the same rights in game and on forums.

- there is no need to look from above on them only because they are lower level than our usually played characters are.

- I consider active pvp at lvl 10-19 a SERVER FEATURE on a private server, be proud we have such thing happening.

So stop bashing them, only because they are low level players, they might be low level character but most of them can surpass other players if they reach level 80. Respect them, and their problems, their reports, as you respect the same level, as yours, players, if you do that.

This is indeed what it happens at a higher level and it is the first serious opened topic regarding this issue. Forget your faction colour and please discuss this problem in serious manner, others who don't cope with this are just logging forums for fun while having 0 hours / week activity in game.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Therealshammtwink

#14 » Post by Therealshammtwink » 07 Dec 2014 19:21

"Justicelight defender of twinks" :D

w00le

#15 » Post by w00le » 07 Dec 2014 20:02

Being twink is most hilarious thing that you can do in this game, especially on low levels. Why would you play with xy ammount of spells when you can make it simple and play with 5, and you can 360 noscope lowgeared people. I belive that mostly reason is that those people really suck in this game and they don't belive in themselves that they can actualy learn more and get better. Also I hate twinks because they don't allow people who are leveling to do it via bgs, because it's really damn hard to kill a twink, even if he sucks, because your normal gear is just way too crappy and you can't do much about it. If so much people like this, make a realm for twinks or something, so they can click 4-6 abilities/spells 0-24 and enjoy. Oh wait, there wont be any low geared lower lvl players, oh crap error 404 :s